Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is it because Daunte is so BIG?

i agree there has been some weaker calls on protection the quarterback this year. there has also been calls that were over the to. thats just the way it is.
    We're bringing purple back.

sureban is offline Rookie

That non-call was pure Bull-Sheet!

Sincerely,
    Mark.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree. Helmet to helmet if nothing else. But Daunte messed up when he slid. He blew the first down even if he didn't get hit. That close to a first down and take that beastly 260+ body and lay out the defender. We didn't pick up Daunte to be a pocket passer.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"Big C" wrote:
    This is just a joke, but maybe that hit knocked some sense in to Culpepper for him to turn it around in 2nd half.

And, was it just me, but did you see the SPEED dante had on one of the scrambles he made in the second half?! I mean, he literally flew for the 1st down and more on a broken play. My jaw dropped as I watched and had to pinch myself. I mean, I was finally seeing the Dante from seasons before.

The most annoying comment from the comentry box (which I loved 99% of the time though - Bill Maas has my respect. Especially when he called the QB draw in the 4th quarter!) was the Packers 1st TD. Driver made an excellent one handed grab under tight covergare (and Winfield literally using him as a surfboard) and all the commentators could say was that it was a perfect pass from Favre. No. Give credit where it is due. That was a HELL of a catch by Driver.
    Maas is an idiot. I could make a fortune off of correcting his English and introducing him to the facts...

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

"stjmnsota" wrote:
    I agree. Helmet to helmet if nothing else. But Daunte messed up when he slid. He blew the first down even if he didn't get hit. That close to a first down and take that beastly 260+ body and lay out the defender. We didn't pick up Daunte to be a pocket passer.
    Yes we did, one of the greatest college quarterbacks ever throwing the football. Running is just an intangible part of his game an extra asset. ( He did mess up when he slid I agree with that part )

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"CynicalVike" wrote:
    On that no call play, what bothered me besides the no call for the late hit, was that on the replay, it clearly showed the DB dropping his helmut to make it a helmet to helmet hit on Daunte, so regardless if the timing was OK, the technique was wrong. He was trying to drill Daunte!

As for the fumble on the snap, I don't know about the ball issue, but it sure looked to me as if there never was an exchange from the center to Daunte at all. The fumble has already been hung on Daunte, but I think Fowler has to shoulder that call.

yeah, fowler had some rough snaps that game, especially when in the shotgun formation, i think at least three of them where an odd rainbow pitch and one of them messed up the timing on a pass.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"stjmnsota" wrote:
    But the beauty is, he can be a good pocket passer...unlike Vick.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I thought that if you ever hit the QB in the head it is an automatic 15. I guess that doesn't apply when he is getting tackled while out of the pocket. I think the protection QBs get is a freakin' joke. They are football players too and they should have to take the pounding that everyone else does. Just my opinion though.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I kind of thought that was a bit of a late hit, but I also thought the defender was already in tackling motion when Daunte went down. In slow motion, it looked very late, but in regular motion, I don't know what the defender could have done to avoid the hit.

Hook slide is meant to protect the QB, but then you need to go down, instead of waiting until the last possible second. But, yes, I was waiting for a flag, too.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Typical treatment to a viking player....
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast