Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Is it because Daunte is so BIG?

Is it just me or when Culpepper did his hook slide in the 2nd quarter when he came up a yard short of the first down, didn't he take a hit to the head? Why was there no call? I mean I know the guy is a giant however if it were Favre the Viking defender would have kicked out of the game.

The game was a great success however I am getting a little tired of all the weak calls for late hits on QB's around the league and then they let a blatant shot to the head go. This is not to take anything away from the game, but had they called the penalty the Vikes would have been at around the Packers 30 with a first down.

So if anyone else was pissed about it, I would love to know what you think of the call or rather NO call!

Cheers!

Lando is offline Rookie

Re: Is it because Daunte is so BIG?

I was furious at that no call .. you are certainly right he got NAILED in the head when he slid feet first. Even Wiggins was freaking up at the refs, and once Tice saw the replay he was also very mad. That would have resulted in a 1st and goal and avoiding the 4th and 1 fumble IIRC.

Del Rio Guest

Just be happy your not a saints fan. They have been completely screwed over by the refs not once but twice this year. That call yesterday was horrible and gave the Rams the game.

Big C is offline Coordinator

This is just a joke, but maybe that hit knocked some sense in to Culpepper for him to turn it around in 2nd half.

And, was it just me, but did you see the SPEED dante had on one of the scrambles he made in the second half?! I mean, he literally flew for the 1st down and more on a broken play. My jaw dropped as I watched and had to pinch myself. I mean, I was finally seeing the Dante from seasons before.

The most annoying comment from the comentry box (which I loved 99% of the time though - Bill Maas has my respect. Especially when he called the QB draw in the 4th quarter!) was the Packers 1st TD. Driver made an excellent one handed grab under tight covergare (and Winfield literally using him as a surfboard) and all the commentators could say was that it was a perfect pass from Favre. No. Give credit where it is due. That was a HELL of a catch by Driver.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    Is it just me or when Culpepper did his hook slide in the 2nd quarter when he came up a yard short of the first down, didn't he take a hit to the head? Why was there no call? I mean I know the guy is a giant however if it were Favre the Viking defender would have kicked out of the game.

The game was a great success however I am getting a little tired of all the weak calls for late hits on QB's around the league and then they let a blatant shot to the head go. This is not to take anything away from the game, but had they called the penalty the Vikes would have been at around the Packers 30 with a first down.

So if anyone else was pissed about it, I would love to know what you think of the call or rather NO call!

Cheers!

Everyone I was watching the game with saw it and we were waiting for the call, and nothing! The refs in this league blow donkey d*ck!

One of the other slides he did, he did it so bad I was afraid that he hurt himself! But he got up and walked away OK.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Big C" wrote:
    This is just a joke, but maybe that hit knocked some sense in to Culpepper for him to turn it around in 2nd half.

And, was it just me, but did you see the SPEED dante had on one of the scrambles he made in the second half?! I mean, he literally flew for the 1st down and more on a broken play. My jaw dropped as I watched and had to pinch myself. I mean, I was finally seeing the Dante from seasons before.

The most annoying comment from the comentry box (which I loved 99% of the time though - Bill Maas has my respect. Especially when he called the QB draw in the 4th quarter!) was the Packers 1st TD. Driver made an excellent one handed grab under tight covergare (and Winfield literally using him as a surfboard) and all the commentators could say was that it was a perfect pass from Favre. No. Give credit where it is due. That was a HELL of a catch by Driver.
    I thought Driver pushed off but it still was a good vet move and a great catch.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Blown call by the refs. Once a QB slides feet first he cannot be pounded to the face!

On the other play where Pep scrambled on the QB draw I was hoping hw would be feet first and try to draw a 15 yard penalty.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Lando" wrote:
    I was furious at that no call .. you are certainly right he got NAILED in the head when he slid feet first. Even Wiggins was freaking up at the refs, and once Tice saw the replay he was also very mad. That would have resulted in a 1st and goal and avoiding the 4th and 1 fumble IIRC.
    Yes, the only thing that I can think of is that he started his slide late and that is how the ref justified it. But still, he slid and the defender had to drop his hit lower like that and it was helmet to helmet. BS no call is all I can say. I think that the defenders mindset was he was going to gaurd the first down. He probably was expecting DC to dive for the first down. Which I wish DC would have done, field awareness would have helped there.

DC got right up though, but I hate seeing that. When QBs slide like that, they are putting themselves at such a risk. I think for the next few years, DC should never slide feet first. Just lower the shoulders like a running back and punish them.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Lando" wrote:
    That would have resulted in a 1st and goal and avoiding the 4th and 1 fumble.
    Speaking of the 4th and 1 fumble, Tice was saying last night that he believes the fumble was due to the fact that the refs spotted the kicking ball for 4th and 1, instead of a normal ball. Tice said he's seen it once before this year, with Aaron Brooks, and that resulted in a fumbled snap too. The refs had it in for us, I guess :wink:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

CynicalVike is offline Starter

On that no call play, what bothered me besides the no call for the late hit, was that on the replay, it clearly showed the DB dropping his helmut to make it a helmet to helmet hit on Daunte, so regardless if the timing was OK, the technique was wrong. He was trying to drill Daunte!

As for the fumble on the snap, I don't know about the ball issue, but it sure looked to me as if there never was an exchange from the center to Daunte at all. The fumble has already been hung on Daunte, but I think Fowler has to shoulder that call.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast