Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Beating the Saints' pressure

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/15880/beating-the-saints-pressure

Beating the Saints' pressure
    September, 7, 2010
    By Kevin Seifert

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- We've had our fun discussing late hits, cheap shots and payback. We've heard Brett Favre say the beating "didn't really hurt," listened to the New Orleans Saints brashly plot a repeat performance and wondered if the Minnesota Vikings have adequately fortified their quarterback depth.

I hope you've enjoyed it. Because now it's time to drop the drama and recognize a secret nearly hidden in the 2009 NFC Championship Game: The Vikings handled the Saints' aggressive blitz schemes significantly better than they did the four-man pass rush. Ultimately and ironically, Minnesota took the Saints out of their high-energy pressure and forced them into a more traditional scheme by the end of the game.

"The pressures?" Favre said this week. "We handled them pretty well."
    That's a nice article by Seifert. All the talk of the hits and stuff kinda made me forget about some of that stuff.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: Beating the Saints' pressure

Just like last time Favre will make them pay for their blitzes and as long as the Vikes don't get stupid with the ball or give Brees too many short fields. This game isn't going to be that hard.

I'm actually worried more about the Saints getting so far behind that they are willing to give up yards just to hit Favre out of frustration.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Great article. Yeah, we focus so much on the pressure that they put on Favre that it is easy to forget that we torched them as a result. If we can hang on the the f-ing ball we would have won that game by 14 points. I think that the first late hit will see a barrage of yellow laundry this year.

I am so excited/pumped/scared for this game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

NodakPaul wrote:
    +1
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

purplejokr is offline Rookie

NodakPaul wrote:
    Great article. Yeah, we focus so much on the pressure that they put on Favre that it is easy to forget that we torched them as a result. If we can hang on the the f-ing ball we would have won that game by 14 points. I think that the first late hit will see a barrage of yellow laundry this year.

I don't know about a 14 point win but I certainly think that if the Vikings held on to the damn ball they head to Miami!