Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Beating Ourselves

On Monday...after the Bears beat Green Bay

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Or maybe you lost because *gasp* the Vikings outplayed you. Why can't fans ever admit that? If it's not the refs or injuries, then it's "we beat ourselves"
    On Tuesday...after the Eagles beat Minnesota

"shockzilla" wrote:
    The simple fact of the matter is, we beat OURSELVES last night, the Eagles didn't beat us.
    "Big Daddy" wrote:
    The Eagles did not beat us tonight WE beat ourselves. I am very confident and if one or two plays go differently we would have probably won the game.
    "Mossville" wrote:
    WE beat ourselves, PHI didnt beat us, we did.
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    We lose this game because we killed ourselves with mistakes and penalties, plain and simple, nothing else.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Del Rio Guest

Beating Ourselves

Did you actually watch both games?

Minnesota made more mistakes then GB did. Between false starts and holding calls.

I would never use this excuse that we beat ourselves, but I will note that there is indead a differenc between unforced errors, and getting out played.

To assume the phrase "we beat ourselves," is useless and shouldn't be used means you believe all your players are sound in technique and perfect in execution.

I think a more accurate statement would be most teams that lose beat themselves at this level.

But I see what you're getting at that you got called on that excuse and now you have the opportunity to bathe in your "you are all hypocrites," post.

I say cherish this moment

Beating Ourselves

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Did you actually watch both games?

Minnesota made more mistakes then GB did. Between false starts and holding calls.

I would never use this excuse that we beat ourselves, but I will note that there is indead a differenc between unforced errors, and getting out played.

To assume the phrase "we beat ourselves," is useless and shouldn't be used means you believe all your players are sound in technique and perfect in execution.

I think a more accurate statement would be most teams that lose beat themselves at this level.

But I see what you're getting at that you got called on that excuse and now you have the opportunity to bathe in your "you are all hypocrites," post.

I say cherish this moment
    Wow, Del! For me not having used any of my own words, you sure gave me a lot to say!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Beating Ourselves

Jeez los, there is nothing like comparing one persons opinion against 4 other different individuals to make your point. I never saw the GB game, but to get beaten by the Bears, I would expect that GB must have really botched it.

The eagles beat us, I am not denying that. I am simply saying a little less errors on our part an we could have easily won that game. But we didn't, so all we can do is concentrate on beating the bears this week, and not making the same mistakes.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Beating Ourselves

You know, personally, I don't think the Bears came in with the mindset to beat us. We did give them a lot of confidence with our own play. In that sense, I'm not going to say we beat ourselves, but we did hurt ourselves and allowed them to beat us. We were, by far, the superior team, at least on paper, and given Week 1 results.

Both the Vikes and Pack need to take a lesson of putting a boot to the opponant's throat.

Del Rio Guest

Beating Ourselves

Well you implied a lot.

I'm sure you just fling out these silent posts for the information value with no other motive or unspoken message.

If you don't come out and say what you think your opinion becomes fair game

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Beating Ourselves

Like I said on another thread, we had our chances and didn't cash in. The pack also had their chances and didn't cash in. I don't care who you play, if you don't cash in when you have the opportunities that close in the red zone you can't win! (sorry for using cash in so much!!) Did the vikes/eagles first half and pack/bears first half seem eerily similar to anybody else? Good first drives for minny and gb = field goals. fumble basically on the goal line at end of half. Hmmm, weird.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Beating Ourselves

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well you implied a lot.

I'm sure you just fling out these silent posts for the information value with no other motive or unspoken message.

If you don't come out and say what you think your opinion becomes fair game
    Hey...I'm still a Packer fan. I just don't resort to ugly troll-like trash talk. I think most of you are good folk, but still have to get the rib-pokes in there somehow...

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Beating Ourselves

I don't take anything away from Philly in their win, their D is far and away better then ours, but I won't dissagree with the fact that we beat ourselves... there was just way too many stupid mistakes that need to be fixed if we plan on going to the playoffs this year!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Beating Ourselves

I said it last night and I will repeat it here again. That phantom call on Winfield changed the complexion of the game early on. The Vikes D had stopped Philly on its first drive of the night, only to have the refs breathe new life into the Philly O by giving them a second chance (which they promptly capitalized on, as all good teams should do). It is things like that (a bad call) that can go a long way to demoralize the team that suffers from the bad call. Add to that that the Vikes D is young and still trying to find its identity, and that letdown can set the tone for the rest of the game. I also think that the D did make plays, but was sucker punched all night by the inefficiency of the offense.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast