Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: beating the better teams

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    "givemossthetoss" wrote:
    I think we can beat the Colts and Eagles. The Colts still have a horrible D (except for Freeney). Which I think McKinnie will improove on ost this year. AW covered Harrison pretty well the last game, Smoot will not have trouble with Stokley (I think). Also, K-will and P-will will be all over Manning. Who will cover Burleson, TT, or T-will? Their corners are garbage, and they lost Doss (I think)?? Also, J-wigg and Jimmy K will give them hell while Bennett or MM runs all over them.

Now the Eagles. A-dub can cover T-HO, Smoot will be all over Pinkston. Udeze will crack McNabb's spine into 2 if he trys that crap he did against the Cowboys.

I think we go 13-3 with a first round bye and a Super Bowl win!
    Stokley is the #3 WR Reggie Wayne is the #2.
    Oh, my bad.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    "givemossthetoss" wrote:
    I think we can beat the Colts and Eagles. The Colts still have a horrible D (except for Freeney). Which I think McKinnie will improove on ost this year. AW covered Harrison pretty well the last game, Smoot will not have trouble with Stokley (I think). Also, K-will and P-will will be all over Manning. Who will cover Burleson, TT, or T-will? Their corners are garbage, and they lost Doss (I think)?? Also, J-wigg and Jimmy K will give them hell while Bennett or MM runs all over them.

Now the Eagles. A-dub can cover T-HO, Smoot will be all over Pinkston. Udeze will crack McNabb's spine into 2 if he trys that crap he did against the Cowboys.

I think we go 13-3 with a first round bye and a Super Bowl win!
    Stokley is the #3 WR Reggie Wayne is the #2.
    Oh, my bad.
    It doesn't matter, Smoot can cover Reggie too :grin:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

If you look at the stats, we beat (or played with) all the good teams everywhere but the scoreboard. That means we have the ability and the tools to win, we just have to learn HOW! If you look back at all of the games against good teams, the stats in both reg. season Packers games, the Colts game, and the Eagles game they were very close, we just shot ourselves in the foot! (Lost both Packers games by a FG, remember Moss' reverse pass?; the Colts we lost by a FG; the Eagles game was lost on two fumbles inside the 1 yard line, a missed field goal by old man Andersen, and a bad call on T-Ho's TD)

I think with our new D, and (hopefully) a better kicking game it will put us over the top and we'll develop that killer instinct we've been lacking for the past few years. The last time I truly saw us put someone away prior to the Packers playoff game this year was against the Saints wayyyyy back in the 2000 playoffs. :shock: IMO

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"ltrey33" wrote:
    If you look at the stats, we beat (or played with) all the good teams everywhere but the scoreboard. That means we have the ability and the tools to win, we just have to learn HOW! If you look back at all of the games against good teams, the stats in both reg. season Packers games, the Colts game, and the Eagles game they were very close, we just shot ourselves in the foot! (Lost both Packers games by a FG, remember Moss' reverse pass?; the Colts we lost by a FG; the Eagles game was lost on two fumbles inside the 1 yard line, a missed field goal by old man Andersen, and a bad call on T-Ho's TD)

I think with our new D, and (hopefully) a better kicking game it will put us over the top and we'll develop that killer instinct we've been lacking for the past few years. The last time I truly saw us put someone away prior to the Packers playoff game this year was against the Saints wayyyyy back in the 2000 playoffs. :shock: IMO
    Exactly! :grin:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12