Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ryno is offline Rookie

Bears want deal for Ogunleye

Agent: Bears want deal for Ogunleye

BY JASON COLE

[email protected]

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said Sunday he believes Chicago is planning to make a trade offer to the Dolphins for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye this week before the start of the NFL draft on Saturday.

'That's what I have heard from the Bears and I think this could come down to a draft-day situation,' Rosenhaus said. ``I've told [Ogunleye] there is a chance he could get traded and we'll be working to make something happen.'

Rosenhaus also said if he is unable to work out a trade or a long-term deal with the Dolphins, Ogunleye will hold out and not play for the one-year tender of $1.824 million.

The rumors regarding Chicago's interest in Ogunleye have been constant since the beginning of free agency in March. Rosenhaus said he spoke with the Bears recently and he believes they will make an offer.

However, several Bears sources have said repeatedly that they will not give up their first-round pick, No. 14 overall, as part of a deal. The most the Bears seem willing to offer is their second-round pick, journeyman offensive lineman Aaron Gibson and a conditional pick in 2005.

The Dolphins have privately scoffed at that offer and hold Oungleye's rights since the restricted free agency period lapsed Friday. The team has said consistently that it wouldn't take less than the first- and third-round picks they were entitled to for Ogunleye as a restricted free agent.

At this point, Ogunleye can't play for a team other than the Dolphins unless there is a trade.

Ogunleye received a one-year contract offer of $1.824 million from the Dolphins. He must sign it by June 15 or risk having the offered reduced.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

hmmmm.... I wonder if the Dolphins will go for that. I wouldn't mind giving up our second round pick for him!

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

I definitely think the Vikes should look into making a trade for this guy. Maybe something like a 2nd rounder this year and a conditional pick next year. Or maybe throw some players into the mix. I'm not sure how much it will take exactly for the Dolphins to let him go, but the Vikes should at least make an offer.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Maybe their demands will come down on draft day, but the Dolphins have been adamant about wanting a 1st and a 3rd round pick for him.

willbjammin is offline Rookie

:wave: hello vikings front office lets go get adewale ogunleye

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Darn, we should be looking into getting Ogunlyue.........

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Man . . . if he ends up going to Chicago for a 2nd rounder and some change, I'll be pissed! The guy can always turn out to be a bust, but come on, I doubt it. The front office needs to get on it.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

anyone else other than me who thinks this guy is only good because he plays opposite jason taylor?

LINKS7 is offline Waterboy

what does chicago have for cap room to sign him? he wants a big contract doesn't he

ksvikesfan is offline Rookie

I wouldn't mind us giving up a number two for him. But I wouldn't want us giving a first and third.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast