Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bears want Couch

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7293008

This sounds like great news to me. Not only does it mean the Pack might lose out on a decent back-up, but if the Bears are actually stupid enough to consider benching the good quarterback for this guy it's going to make this season that much easier for us.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Bears want Couch

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Kurt Warner's agent is seeking permission to talk to other teams regarding a trade. Warner was told on Monday that the team will release him in a salary-cap move after June 1. Warner is looking for a situation in which he can start. There is interest in him from other teams, but mostly as a reserve. The Bears are reportedly interested in him and would likely allow him to compete for the starting job against Rex Grossman. Martz, meanwhile, has hinted at the prospect of bringing Warner back as a reserve.

Apparently they are considering lots of losers!

Bears want Couch

It dosent matter if he goes to the pack or bears either way it helps us out alot!!!

Mossville is offline Starter

Bears want Couch

I dont want Couch in our division at all! He is a good QB that was in a horrible situation in Cleveland. They had a poor Oline, average at best WR, and a RB that was too stoned to know what to do when he got the ball. It will really suck if he goes to Chitown because Grossman is going to be a bust!!! Name 1 QB that was good under Spurior in College that made a name for himself in the NFL?

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Bears want Couch

I love the couch, It's very comfy
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Bears want Couch

Blah... don't spew crap about not having someone to throw to... great QB's make the WR's look good... as much as I hate Favre... he's never really had great WR's to throw to, so if he was that good... it wouldn't really matter who he was throwing too.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Bears want Couch

"Mossville" wrote:
    I dont want Couch in our division at all! He is a good QB that was in a horrible situation in Cleveland. They had a poor Oline, average at best WR, and a RB that was too stoned to know what to do when he got the ball. It will really suck if he goes to Chitown because Grossman is going to be a bust!!! Name 1 QB that was good under Spurior in College that made a name for himself in the NFL?
    Agreed, he was a good QB in bad circumstances, but under the right circumstances, he could do a lot of damage to us

Bears want Couch

I just think he's not a starter. He's kind of like Tony Banks or Gus Frerotte. You can put them in for an emergency for one or two games, but any more than that and they start getting really inconsistent. Couch would make a good backup in GB, and there's no way he could usurp Favre outside of injury (yeah, right), so I don't want him there. If he were put in Chicago as a starter, he would falter enough to make a QB controversy and bring their whole team down. Besides, it's not like he's got a great WR corps in Chicago. What could he do?
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

Mossville is offline Starter

Bears want Couch

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Blah... don't spew crap about not having someone to throw to... great QB's make the WR's look good... as much as I hate Favre... he's never really had great WR's to throw to, so if he was that good... it wouldn't really matter who he was throwing too.
    ok moron, how much weed have you been smoking....you are comparing Brett Favre, the Brett Favre to Tim Couch....are you serious???????? Your telling me if Couch had Moss to throw to, he would still suck? One more thing, you called Warner a loser earlier. Your probably one of those that say that the system made Warner great, thus contradicting your statement that WRs dont make a great QB. Once again, great comparison of Couch to Favre :roll:

Bears want Couch

I was not comparing the two... I'm just saying that if he was such a great QB, he could make his WR's look good. As for Warner... I'm not saying anything about the system... he had ONE good year. After that he did crap... so yeah in my opinion he does suck. Such as it is... it can work both ways... a great WR can make a mediocre QB look wonderful because he can catch anything he throws... where a great QB can make a mediocre WR look wonderful because he can put it right in his hands... I never once compared the 2 QB's, I said that if couch was so great... it wouldn't matter who he was throwing too! As for calling me a moron... how about you keep in mind that these are opinions... not something you have to agree with!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast