Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Bears QB Kyle Orton confounds Minnesota Vikings

"Marrdro" wrote:
    One more time for possible penetration.........

Its not the players.
    Its the coaching staff.

Yet again we saw a team (well almost all of us saw it) that trotted out onto the field with a decent plan to exploit their defense (and it appeared we did) and a gameplan (defensively) that was off the mark to stop thiner offense and play by ST's that continues to get worse instead of better.

Again, one more time for possible penetration.
    It is because the coaching staff did not develop a effective game plan on defense and were inconsistent as well on ST's.

Love the Chiller but it is time for a new guy to come in and try to install some new concepts that will get this team to the next level.
    Sure hope it won't take alot of reworking as I am about tired of that pooh.
    Man I hope you're joking.
    The game plan created took away the Bears' number 1 weapon in Forte holding him to about 50 yards rushing with a long of 8 yards and generated over 100 yards more offense then the opponent with just over 450 yards of offense and 41 points.
    They removed Hester from the equation to cover a deficiency in their team though we could debate the trade-off between kicking deep and giving the opponent the ball on the 50 with the pooch kicks they were trying.

This game came down to breaks and frankly, the Bears got all of them.
    The ball bouncing into the kick returner, the fumble being recovered in the end zone, the overturn of the Hester fumble, and PI in the end zone on 4th down.
    Heck, even the 4 INTs.
    All QBs make bad throws during a game.
    In this game it seemed every bad throw Gus made was not only right to a Bear, but the DB made every catch (if DBs could catch, most would be WRs!)

Now, I don't like it any more then anyone else that our STs are so bad we're afraid to kick to people but that is the reality our Coach has temporarily (I hope) accepted.
    Any statements beyond that are just sort of silly at this point.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:
    I'm waiting for the headline "High School QB who accidentally starts game confounds Minnesota Vikings defense".

+1 LMAO

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Its not the players.
    Its the coaching staff.

Yet again we saw a team (well almost all of us saw it) that trotted out onto the field with a decent plan to exploit their defense (and it appeared we did) and a gameplan (defensively) that was off the mark to stop thiner offense and play by ST's that continues to get worse instead of better.

It is because the coaching staff did not develop a effective game plan on defense and were inconsistent as well on ST's.

Love the Chiller but it is time for a new guy to come in and try to install some new concepts that will get this team to the next level.
    The game plan created took away the Bears' number 1 weapon in Forte holding him to about 50 yards rushing with a long of 8 yards and generated over 100 yards more offense then the opponent with just over 450 yards of offense and 41 points.
    They removed Hester from the equation to cover a deficiency in their team though we could debate the trade-off between kicking deep and giving the opponent the ball on the 50 with the pooch kicks they were trying.

The ball bouncing into the kick returner, the fumble being recovered in the end zone, the overturn of the Hester fumble, and PI in the end zone on 4th down.
    Heck, even the 4 INTs.
    In this game it seemed every bad throw Gus made was not only right to a Bear, but the DB made every catch (if DBs could catch, most would be WRs!)

Now, I don't like it any more then anyone else that our STs are so bad we're afraid to kick to people but that is the reality our Coach has temporarily (I hope) accepted.
    Excellent post my firend.
    There were a couple of plays during the game I wasn't real thrilled out.
    IE a 2 and 20 handoff to Taylor.
    But what really got me was the pooch and squib kicks.
    Hesster may be dangerous but he also has a knack to fumble.
    That is an area they should be just kicking off.
    I understand the fear but in that case Chilly is doing the same thing he benched TJ for.
    Playing not to lose.
    Other than that I thought Chilly called a great game and was very happy with the explosive output.
    I know the defense can be fixed.
    Give Napo and DT some playing time after the bye week.
    Vinny C. IMO just flat out stinks at the Mike.
    You can definately tell EJ is missed.
    I was more worried about the offense and now that they proved they can move the ball it is getting down to getting rid of the mistakes.
    If they can get rid of the mistakes this team will contend for a playoff spot.
    After all it is a very weak conference and they've already p[roven they can beat the better teams such as Carolina and NO (regardless of their records).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Its not the players.
    Its the coaching staff.

Heck, even the 4 INTs.

I am not joking.

Great, we stopped the run.
    How hard was that.
    We took Hester out, great, we gave them great field position in the mean time.

This game came down to two things.....

a.
    We couldn't stop their offense who scored at will.
    b.
    We made way to many turnovers on offense along with ST's play.

Try to sugar coat it all you want, our team, albeit loaded with talent, cannot play at a consistent level week in and week out and we lose games because of it.

You know me.
    I am not one to propose change just for changes sake.
    I have been holding my tounge with respect to the Chiller and his process/procedures that his staff uses.

As best as I can figure by the limited knowledge I have of the inner workings of his staff and how a normal coaching staff functions (I've garnered from reading books) there is a flaw somewhere with that process.

Best way to solve that issue is to get a new coaching staff the way I see it.
    Even if we do elect to keep the Chiller and bring in new Coords/coaches, his process will still be there and I can just see more of the same.........

Inconsistency and losses.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Plain and simple... this game came down to TWO touchdowns for the Bears on Special Teams... that's all.

We GAVE them 14 points... there's no arguing that. Plain and simple.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Its not the players.
    Its the coaching staff.

Heck, even the 4 INTs.

I understand the fear but in that case Chilly is doing the same thing he benched TJ for.
    Playing not to lose.
    Other than that I thought Chilly called a great game and was very happy with the explosive output.
    I was more worried about the offense and now that they proved they can move the ball it is getting down to getting rid of the mistakes.
    After all it is a very weak conference and they've already p[roven they can beat the better teams such as Carolina and NO (regardless of their records).
    Great they called a great game, this time.

What will happen next time?
    Will it be great or will it be completely off the mark with respect to anticipating what the D can/will do?

How about our defensive play calling/scheme.
    It was off the mark.
    Even if you take away the points they got off of turnovers they still marched the ball up and down the field way to easily.

Again, I like the Chiller, I like his scheme, I just can't deal with a staff that can't get consistent play out of a team.
    Without it we as fans hang around and wait to make posts/comments that "This time he did this" and "This time he did that" and ignore the other times "He wasn't successfull".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I am not joking.

Great, we stopped the run.
    How hard was that.
    We took Hester out, great, we gave them great field position in the mean time.

This game came down to two things.....

a.
    We couldn't stop their offense who scored at will.
    b.
    We made way to many turnovers on offense along with ST's play.

Try to sugar coat it all you want, our team, albeit loaded with talent, cannot play at a consistent level week in and week out and we lose games because of it.

You know me.
    I am not one to propose change just for changes sake.

I have been holding my tounge with respect to the Chiller and his process/procedures that his staff uses.

As best as I can figure by the limited knowledge I have of the inner workings of his staff and how a normal coaching staff functions (I've garnered from reading books) there is a flaw somewhere with that process.

Best way to solve that issue is to get a new coaching staff the way I see it.
    Even if we do elect to keep the Chiller and bring in new Coords/coaches, his process will still be there and I can just see more of the same.........

Inconsistency and losses.
    Call me crazy, but that's the only thing I remember from the Vikings in my 29 years as a fan.
    We are a very young team, you're going to get that.
    We are not the Patriots and Colts full of a ton of veterans, we have a lot of very young guys in the skill positions that will take time to meld.
    As they age their great games may not be as great, but they will eliminate the bad games.
    That's what this team needs, maturity.
    We need to eliminate the peaks and valleys in our play and play at a consistently high level, something the Vikings have never done in the history I've known.
    I don't think getting rid of Chilly helps that process, I don't see how he's the problem in that process, I just see it as a process.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"C" wrote:
    Plain and simple... this game came down to TWO touchdowns for the Bears on Special Teams... that's all.

So what your trying to tell me is that their offense didn't earn those other points against our defense?
    I know I didn't see the game but I am sure if the Bores came on the field and marched down to score without our defense out there I would have seen it on the ESPN highlights film.

Our coaching staff has preparation issues and that includes the defensive coaches as well.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Its not the players.
    Its the coaching staff.

Heck, even the 4 INTs.

Playing not to lose.
    Great they called a great game, this time.

What will happen next time?
    Will it be great or will it be completely off the mark with respect to anticipating what the D can/will do?

How about our defensive play calling/scheme.
    It was off the mark.
    Even if you take away the points they got off of turnovers they still marched the ball up and down the field way to easily.

Again, I like the Chiller, I like his scheme, I just can't deal with a staff that can't get consistent play out of a team.
    Without it we as fans hang around and wait to make posts/comments that "This time he did this" and "This time he did that" and ignore the other times "He wasn't successfull".
    I think you know me better than that my friend.
    I look at things as openly as possible.
    Like I have stated Cholly has his issues but somewhere the players need to execute.
    How can we tell if it is the scheme if there's a bunch of miscues?
    I thought the scheme the previous week worked pretty well too.
    Unfortunately player miscues hurt drives.
    I am sure the coach does not scheme for our RB to fumble the ball twice (once on hte 5 yard line).
    I am sure our coach does not scheme to throw INTs.
    I am sure our coach does not scheme for a punter to drop a snap that hit him square in the hands.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

So what your trying to tell me is that their offense didn't earn those other points against our defense?

I know I didn't see the game but I am sure if the Bores came on the field and marched down to score without our defense out there I would have seen it on the ESPN highlights film.

Our coaching staff has preparation issues and that includes the defensive coaches as well.
    No, that's called putting words in my mouth.

Their offense put up points, but not enough to beat us. We gave them 14 points on ST... that's all I said.

Now, look at the final score and subtract 14 from the Bears.

I did watch the game, and the Vikes looked sharp... our Offense even looked better than theirs, and we should have won this game.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast