Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Bears pre-game articles

DAN POMPEI’S FIRST LOOK

[size=13pt]First look: Vikings at Bears[/size]

Noon Sunday, WFLD-Ch. 32

October 7, 2007, 11:39 PM CDT

chicagosports.chicagotribune.com

The Vikings have the advantage of a week of rest, as Sunday was their open date. It came at a good time for Minnesota, allowing quarterback Tarvaris Jackson's groin injury to heal....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]Say hello to the Vikings' Adrian Peterson[/size]

Get used to rookie sensation, Bears will see plenty of him

October 10, 2007

MINNEAPOLIS -- If there is one thing Adrian Peterson does perhaps better than anyone, it is introductions.....

[size=13pt]Walker likely to miss Vikings[/size]

By Vaughn McClure
    Tribune staff reporter

October 9, 2007, 10:09 PM CDT

Sources indicate the Bears will begin preparation for the Vikings without Darwin Walker....

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Adrian has been a joy to watch, win or lose he brings the wood, and before he's done he could be one of the alltime greats.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Here's hoping he gives the Bears the run-around on Sunday. I just hope doesn't get hammered all game long because of poor play-calling or a lack of a passing game.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

October 10, 2007

MINNEAPOLIS -- If there is one thing Adrian Peterson does perhaps better than anyone, it is introductions.....

Damnit.
    Another article that highlights how crappy our coaching staff is.
    AD shouldn't be leading the NFL he should be leading the universe.

I sure hope the coaching staff gets thier heads out of thier asses and start using him right.
    ;D

So it shouldn't be a surprise Peterson has improved even over the short course of his NFL career. Coaching tape from Peterson's first game shows him following his blockers too closely, not allowing the play to develop. Coaching tape from Peterson's fourth game shows him giving the play more time and, subsequently, finding the creases more frequently.

It's definitely something I've worked on," said Peterson, who always has running backs coach Eric Bieniemy by his side during practice when he's not running a play. "I've tried to slow it down but still have my explosion. Give the offensive line time to work, then when you see a crease, hit it."
    Thought this was a good example of how the RB adjusts to the OL blocking and not the other way around as some posters on here believe.
    ;D

Here's another nice little nugget.......

What is taking more time for him is his learning pass protection. In the Vikings' 13-10 loss to the Chiefs, Peterson was pulled from the Vikings' last drive. Childress later explained it was because he was concerned about Peterson's ability to pick up blitzes.

"He knows what to do and he's strong as an ox," Richardson says. "He can block anybody. You just don't want to give him 15, 20 things to think about on third down. You have to be patient with a young running back. There is a lot to learn in a short period of time."
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"singersp" wrote:

October 10, 2007

Great article, this kid is special.

Vikings fullback Tony Richardson has counted Emmitt Smith, Marcus Allen, Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson among his NFL teammates. But he says he never has seen anything like Peterson.

"For me, this is the best running back I've seen coming out of college," Richardson said.

That is very high praise from someone that has seen some of the best backs ever.

Besides pass protection, the only thing Peterson needs work on is celebrating. Although it has been a well-guarded secret until now, it seems Peterson had a little too much fun the night after accounting for 163 yards from scrimmage in his first NFL game.

"He came in here the next day, bowing to the porcelain gods all morning," one Vikings veteran said. "Welcome to the NFL."

That makes me a little nervouse, but I guess when you are 21 years old a little partying is to be expected. Hell if they beat the bears I'll buy him a drink or 6.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

October 10, 2007

Great article, this kid is special.

Vikings fullback Tony Richardson has counted Emmitt Smith, Marcus Allen, Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson among his NFL teammates. But he says he never has seen anything like Peterson.

"For me, this is the best running back I've seen coming out of college," Richardson said.

That is very high praise from someone that has seen some of the best backs ever.

Besides pass protection, the only thing Peterson needs work on is celebrating. Although it has been a well-guarded secret until now, it seems Peterson had a little too much fun the night after accounting for 163 yards from scrimmage in his first NFL game.

"He came in here the next day, bowing to the porcelain gods all morning," one Vikings veteran said. "Welcome to the NFL."

That makes me a little nervouse, but I guess when you are 21 years old a little partying is to be expected. Hell if they beat the bears I'll buy him a drink or 6.
    He probably got into a bad batch of Grainbelt.
    Next time I hope he opts for something good like the Beast.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Good article on Peterson. Although I still don't want him returning kicks..

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    He probably got into a bad batch of Grainbelt.
    Next time I hope he opts for something good like [size=10pt]the Beast[/size].
    ;D
    LMAO... Let's hope Beast Light... we need his speed.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast