Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: The Bears loss

  1. #11
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Bears loss

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Still upsets me 3 weeks later.
    >
    Anyone else still a little angered by it?
    It's only 2 weeks later.
    Give it that extra week, and I'm sure you'll be dancing the Happy Dance.

    Or calling for Tarvaris to start.
    One of those two.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #12
    Prophet Guest

    Re: The Bears loss

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Still upsets me 3 weeks later.
    >
    Anyone else still a little angered by it?
    It's only 2 weeks later.
    Give it that extra week, and I'm sure you'll be dancing the Happy Dance.

    Or calling for Tarvaris to start.
    One of those two.

    =Z=
    Speaking of Tarvaris, I heard that the WRs can catch the ball better and run faster when he's on the field.
    Is that really true?

  3. #13
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Bears loss

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Still upsets me 3 weeks later.
    >
    Anyone else still a little angered by it?
    It's only 2 weeks later.
    Give it that extra week, and I'm sure you'll be dancing the Happy Dance.

    Or calling for Tarvaris to start.
    One of those two.

    =Z=
    Speaking of Tarvaris, I heard that the WRs can catch the ball better and run faster when he's on the field.
    Is that really true?
    I was reading in the Pioneer Press (the article was right after last week's HS football fantasy update) that the Hall-of-Fame has decided to by-pass the whole "Five Years After You Retire" thing and vote Tarvaris Jackson in now - just because of how much PP.O posters love him and his amazing talents.

    We rock!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #14
    Prophet Guest

    Re: The Bears loss

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Still upsets me 3 weeks later.
    >
    Anyone else still a little angered by it?
    It's only 2 weeks later.
    Give it that extra week, and I'm sure you'll be dancing the Happy Dance.

    Or calling for Tarvaris to start.
    One of those two.

    =Z=
    Speaking of Tarvaris, I heard that the WRs can catch the ball better and run faster when he's on the field.
    Is that really true?
    I was reading in the Pioneer Press (the article was right after last week's HS football fantasy update) that the Hall-of-Fame has decided to by-pass the whole "Five Years After You Retire" thing and vote Tarvaris Jackson in now - just because of how much PP.O posters love him and his amazing talents.

    We rock!

    =Z=
    , I missed that article.
    No wonder people want to get rid of BJ.
    We have a young HOFer playing third string and the offense is stinking things up.
    I saw a different article a few weeks ago that mentioned Tarvaris prefers triple coverage on the WRs when he's tossing the long ball.
    This is going to be great.

  5. #15
    marantzo is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    110

    Re: The Bears loss

    This isn't right. A bunch of yahoos suggest putting Tarvaris in at QB etc. and we end up making jokes about him. I never heard him even hint at wanting to start, in fact he has said how much he learns from BJ. He seems like a very nice fellow and I just don't think he deserves having his name or untested NFL talent being the butt of jokes. I hope he has a good sense of humour. And that he will be a star QB some day.

  6. #16
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Bears loss

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Still upsets me 3 weeks later.
    >
    Anyone else still a little angered by it?
    It's only 2 weeks later.
    Give it that extra week, and I'm sure you'll be dancing the Happy Dance.

    Or calling for Tarvaris to start.
    One of those two.

    =Z=
    Speaking of Tarvaris, I heard that the WRs can catch the ball better and run faster when he's on the field.
    Is that really true?
    I was reading in the Pioneer Press (the article was right after last week's HS football fantasy update) that the Hall-of-Fame has decided to by-pass the whole "Five Years After You Retire" thing and vote Tarvaris Jackson in now - just because of how much PP.O posters love him and his amazing talents.

    We rock!

    =Z=
    , I missed that article.
    No wonder people want to get rid of BJ.
    We have a young HOFer playing third string and the offense is stinking things up.
    I saw a different article a few weeks ago that mentioned Tarvaris prefers triple coverage on the WRs when he's tossing the long ball.
    This is going to be great.
    All the better for him to do the jump-pass back the other direction to himself.
    Think of the fantasy points THAT is worth!!!!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #17
    marantzo is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    110

    Re: The Bears loss

    Do any of you remember when the jump pass was called a pro-pass? And who first used it? I think he was a Minnesotan.

  8. #18
    Prophet Guest

    Re: The Bears loss

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    [quote author=enlvikeman link=topic=28117.msg482016#msg482016 date=1160415868]
    Still upsets me 3 weeks later.
    >
    Anyone else still a little angered by it?
    It's only 2 weeks later.
    Give it that extra week, and I'm sure you'll be dancing the Happy Dance.

    Or calling for Tarvaris to start.
    One of those two.

    =Z=
    Speaking of Tarvaris, I heard that the WRs can catch the ball better and run faster when he's on the field.
    Is that really true?
    I was reading in the Pioneer Press (the article was right after last week's HS football fantasy update) that the Hall-of-Fame has decided to by-pass the whole "Five Years After You Retire" thing and vote Tarvaris Jackson in now - just because of how much PP.O posters love him and his amazing talents.

    We rock!

    =Z=
    , I missed that article.
    No wonder people want to get rid of BJ.
    We have a young HOFer playing third string and the offense is stinking things up.
    I saw a different article a few weeks ago that mentioned Tarvaris prefers triple coverage on the WRs when he's tossing the long ball.
    This is going to be great.
    All the better for him to do the jump-pass back the other direction to himself.
    Think of the fantasy points THAT is worth!!!!

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    I heard BJ is teaching him the TD pass to himself move.
    I already have him keyed in the #1 slot for FF next year.
    Once he gets it down he should be able to get at least one TD to himself every game.
    Also, he is so fast he can throw the hail mary and be one of the receiver fighting for the ball.
    It's exciting just thinking about the possibilities.

  9. #19
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: The Bears loss

    i wasn't angry at all. maybe a little bummed out we lost it like that, but i was pretty happy that we showed everyone that we COULD beat
    what all seem to consider the top team in the nfl. i hate hearing about it from all these bear fans though. what really angered me was losing to buffalo the next week. show we belong one week and lose an easy one
    the next.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Bears loss

    "marantzo" wrote:
    This isn't right. A bunch of yahoos suggest putting Tarvaris in at QB etc. and we end up making jokes about him. I never heard him even hint at wanting to start, in fact he has said how much he learns from BJ. He seems like a very nice fellow and I just don't think he deserves having his name or untested NFL talent being the butt of jokes. I hope he has a good sense of humour. And that he will be a star QB some day.
    We aren't making jokes about Tarvaris.

    We are making jokes which mock the stupidity of those who would suggest that taking the raw talent but totally unprepared kid and throwing him to the wolves.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 07:01 AM
  2. Bears' Briggs & Tillman fined after loss to Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 09:49 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:47 PM
  4. Vikings grind away loss to Bears
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 04:13 AM
  5. Vikings' loss shows they can compete with Bears
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •