Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Bears & Lions Have A Chance?

Hello,
    I'm new on the forum, and I'm a huge vikes fan! I Just want to get everyone's opinion on the division this coming season. It seems ( at least to me) that the lions and bears are showing life so far in this preseason, and, well, the packers seem to be struggling. Do you guys think that the bears and lions have chances at making it to the playoffs? Do you think the division has become a 3 team battle this year, as opposed to last year when it was pretty much just two teams?

I personally think the division will go something like this:

1. Vikings 12-4
    2. Bears 10-6
    3. Lions 9-7 or 10-6
    4. Packers 8-8

Not trying to discredit the packers though, I don't LIKE the packers, but I do think they would be capible of a positive record if Favre plays like the young favre, and not the old arrant pass throwing favre that we all lovingly saw against the eagles last year. Its fun when the player you dislike the most casts himself and his team into an OT loss on a play like that. :cheers:

But anyway, what are your takes on the lions and bears? Should we be worried? Or is our path to the playoffs clear?
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Welcome aboard Kleinsasser40 this is a great place to hang out and find out what is going on with the team and fans, there are some pretty mean and nasty GB trolls out there to but that goes with the rivalry so enjoy the site and fans and good question and poll

i would say the Vikings path is clear.... but beware of the lions they are starting to get a bit of a roarrr to them just no bite yet :scratch: but they are working on it

You can't hide from the purple pride :thumbleft:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Welcome to the site Klein. As much as I hate to say it I wouldn't go as far as saying the Pack will be a .500 team this year. They still have a great QB, a stud running back, a good offensive line, an a good defense. I think the Vikes and Pack will be neck and neck this year unless the injury bug hits one of the teams.
    I learned my lesson about being an overly optomistic Vikings fan a looooong time ago. I will always hold back my excitement until this team gets a ring. I said this last year on this board when we were 6-0 and was labeled a pessemistic Vikes fan not worthy to convey myself here. I knew this team wasn't as good as the record indicated and I knew our defense was about to be exploited for what it really was....slow and talent lacking.

As far as this year goes I think our team realistically will make the playoffs. That's as far as I'll go being the cautious Viking fan I am.
    Another thing...in my humble opinion this is what makes us Vikings fans the greatest in the nfl. Everything we've been through with this team AND WE STILL REMAIN LOYAL. That's a true diehard fan. After the Arizona game I still wore my Vikes jersey the following day...and my Vikes flag still blew in the wind out front of my house. This is why I get somewhat annoyed when Packer fans call us fairweather fans. No nfl fans have been though what we've been through together AND WERE STILL HERE! You can't define loyalty any better then that! And every heart breaking moment we've endured over the past 3 decades will make our first superbowl victory that much sweeter!

Sorry for the rant guys just had to get that off my chest.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Would have to say Lions. THey look way more improved through the draft and free agency. the recent bears phins trade strengthened there d but weakened an already weak offense. Chicago will have a tough time scoring.

Lions on the other hand look more balanced out on o and d and have gelled with there coach mariucci while smith is starting out to be like a mike tice.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Sorry for the rant guys just had to get that off my chest.
    enlvikeman dude that is why we are here rant on....fact are fact the Vikings are the best :arrow: F*kc the rest 8)
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I agree with you enlvikeman. The Viking fans who stay true are some of the best and loyal fans in the sport. Fans who used to claim greatness, like the fans for the 49ers and the cowgirls back when they both had superbowl teams have all seemed to vanish as of lately while their team is in a ditch. The vikes have been in a ditch for quite some time now and I still love'em no matter what they do.

Its plays like the last one in the Saints game in Tice's first season for the win, instead of the tie. the touchdown pass form Moss to Carter, and of course the latteral from Moss to Mo for the TD before the end of the half that MAKE you love these guys.

Stay true Vikings fans, our day will come :sunny:
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Well, it's just preseason so I'm not getting too high on the bears or lions, or really the vikes for that matter. I think the vikes and pack will be 1 and 2 again this year, and hopefully the vikes will be #1!! I think the vikes will have a great year and the pack will be sitting home for the playoffs!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Gimme a break. I can't believe people actually picked the Lions or Bears. Are we that cocky to believe the team that has been a thorn in our side for the past 3 years won't be in the picture this year?

Come on. On paper we have all seen the bears and Lions improve, yipee. They have proven nothing and a good draft and a few free agents won't turn the Lions or Bears into playoff contenders (well, MAYBE the bears, cuz they finished strong). At least this year we will still have to win the division from last years champions.

There is no other team in the league more likely to pull a win out of their ass against the vikes than the Packers and that is what makes me sit on the edge of my seat until there are zeroes on the clock every time we play them, no matter the score.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I couldn't agree more ItalianStallion!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The Pack is the team that the Vikes have to worry the most about, the Lions are up and coming but I don't think they are there yet (maybe next year).
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast