Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Nooks is offline Starter

Re: Bears' fans are bitter

Im not a fan either. I like the fact he is not talking to the media and that they just dont bother with him anymore.

excuses excuses....Some of them knew what was going on, but most were crying like little babies calling it all on the refs.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    Funny stuff

and is it just me or did the Vikings make Urlacher look amazing last night....his 2 sacks were pretty much freebies with some mess ups on the oline....
    The O-Line? It appeared to me They were busy blocking their respective D-Lineman when Urlacher came thru. I saw more than one reference where Birk was wrongfully accused of letting him thru.

When a LB blitzes up the middle, isn't it the job of the RB or FB to take him out or do you feel it's the lineman's responsibililty to block two men at the same time?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    Funny stuff

and is it just me or did the Vikings make Urlacher look amazing last night....his 2 sacks were pretty much freebies with some mess ups on the oline....
    The O-Line? It appeared to me They were busy blocking their respective D-Lineman when Urlacher came thru. I saw more than one reference where Birk was wrongfully accused of letting him thru.

When a LB blitzes up the middle, isn't it the job of the RB or FB to take him out or do you feel it's the lineman's responsibililty to block two men at the same time?
    Ahh singer you brought up my question before i could!!

I watched some of the film here at work.. yes it's boring just before holidays..
    The one i saw birk slid left to aid it seems Hutch. as he slid left, urlacher wan't moving. after his head turned urlacher started foward. it's a matter of 3 eye blinks.. but you can see it.

now the ? is.. should the RB or FB pick up that? Id say yes, but was there one back there? no. i believe it's the second sack, and there was nothing between urlacher and Tjack.. nothing!!

I think this was a misread.. by many people.. to just say it's birks fault is an easy finger point, will Birk have bad games?
    yes of course.. but was that mess all his fault? no. i wont exclude him from the list of those responsible, but i wouldn't put it all on his shoulders either.

I seem to remember, not sure as my mental state after 4 am was kinda hazy.. (purplehazed) but my dad made a comment about the RB's not able to block, and i remember once i saw AP set to block some1.. realize no1 was there and ran out to the flats.. maybe this happened to soon during one of the urlacher sacks?
    i'll hvae to relook when i get home, but it was def a strange site to see someone of that level and respect in the NFL be so free on the way in.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    Funny stuff

I watched some of the film here at work.. yes it's boring just before holidays..
    The one i saw birk slid left to aid it seems Hutch. as he slid left, urlacher wan't moving. after his head turned urlacher started foward. it's a matter of 3 eye blinks.. but you can see it.

now the ? is.. should the RB or FB pick up that? Id say yes, but was there one back there? no. i believe it's the second sack, and there was nothing between urlacher and Tjack.. nothing!!

I think this was a misread.. by many people.. to just say it's birks fault is an easy finger point, will Birk have bad games?
    yes of course.. but was that mess all his fault? no. i wont exclude him from the list of those responsible, but i wouldn't put it all on his shoulders either.

I seem to remember, not sure as my mental state after 4 am was kinda hazy.. (purplehazed) but my dad made a comment about the RB's not able to block, and i remember once i saw AP set to block some1.. realize no1 was there and ran out to the flats.. maybe this happened to soon during one of the urlacher sacks?
    i'll hvae to relook when i get home, but it was def a strange site to see someone of that level and respect in the NFL be so free on the way in.

DiGiTaL
    Birk did what he was supposed to do.
    AP was supposed to pick up, and he just got crazy smoked by Urlacher.
    Like he wasn't even there to block.
    Oh well.
    He'll improve.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    No offesne but I felt slightly vindicated.
    I mean I can't count the number of times the vikes have been called for phantom pass interference penalities in the past!

Mike
    Not to mention the PI in the endzone when Olsen and Winfield were going for the ball.
    Nothing was called but please tell me that Olsen didn't interfere with Winfield.
    That grounding call was called becasue Orton never left the pocket and threw a ball that wasn't within 12 yards of another player.
    By the rules that is intentional grounding.
    Even if they didn't call it how about the hold that made it 4th down anyway.

Bears fans have gaul to be complaining about anything.
    It's normally the Vikings that get slighted with calls.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Webby" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    Funny stuff

DiGiTaL
    Birk did what he was supposed to do.
    AP was supposed to pick up, and he just got crazy smoked by Urlacher.

Like he wasn't even there to block.
    Oh well.

He'll improve.
    Fact of the matter is that we don't know who's responsiblity it was because:

a.
    We didn't hear the C (Birks) pre-snap line call and don't know if he even recognized the blitz.
    b.
    We didn't hear the QB (TJ's) pre-snap line call and don't know if he even recognized the blitz.

My assumption is that both the C (Birk) and then the QB (TJ) both missed thier opportunities to identify the MLB blitz and no one had the assignment to pick him up.

What I do know is that Birk slid to help Hutch twice (two people on one defender) allowing for Urlacher to come free.

All you Birk crotch sniffers ( ;D) can keep on singing his praises, however, he played a poohie game against the bears.
    This is unacceptable from my perspective for a C of Birks caliber to missread (more than once) such an obvious call.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

For once I agree with Marrdro lol. Birk had a bad game. Isnt his job to read the D before the snap? Ive seen him on his ass many times this year. Just because he a MN native he gets alot of slack. He has done better lately as have all of the vikes imo. Hutch is worth evry penny, Mckinney & Birk, not so much.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"CCthebest" wrote:
    For once I agree with Marrdro lol. Birk had a bad game. Isnt his job to read the D before the snap? Ive seen him on his jiggly butt many times this year. Just because he a MN native he gets alot of slack. He has done better lately as have all of the vikes imo. Hutch is worth evry penny, Mckinney & Birk, not so much.
    As Marrdro falls to the floor clutching his chest the ambulance is called............ ;D

In Birks defence though, Hutch was having problems with his assignment as well.
    Maybe that is why he felt he needed to slide to that side, however, he shouldn't have missed the pre-snap blitz read.

Shamefull.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    excuses excuses....Some of them knew what was going on, but most were crying like little babies calling it all on the refs.
    Of course they are bitter.
    Their team stinks!
    The majority of them are blowhard whiners anyway.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast