Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74
  1. #1
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Bears' fans are bitter

    Referees Win Game For Vikings

    http://www.dabearz.com/forums/28611-referees-win-game-for-vikings.html

  2. #2
    huxx is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    496

    Re: Bears' fans are bitter

    Man, and I thought we could be bitter after a loss.
    I'm pretty sure the refs weren't calling the Bears' offense.

  3. #3
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: Bears' fans are bitter

    Interesting enough Badlands....one of the Bears fan posts about the third one down says something to the effect of "Good Teams Beat The Bad Calls...and we are not a good team". Cudos to this Bears fan. The grounding penalty was weak but it was called to the letter of the law so o speak. The QB was still in the pocket and there was no receiver anywhere near th ball. Obviously Orton was not trying to ground the ball there...the pass was just way under thrown.

    We have had our share of "Bad Calls" against us at Soldier Field as well so I think it's pretty darn even.

    Thanks Badlandsviking...Great Read.

    Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Bears' fans are bitter

    ok....thats some funny shiiiiit!
    ;D

    Although I didnt see anyone mention the catch that they gave Hester on the sideline....the pushout that he had no chance of actually landing in bounds!

    LOSERS!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bears' fans are bitter

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    ok....thats some funny shiiiiit!
    ;D

    Although I didnt see anyone mention the catch that they gave Hester on the sideline....the pushout that he had no chance of actually landing in bounds!

    LOSERS!
    They didn't award him that catch.
    He didn't maintain control of the ball so it was ruled incomplete after the refs talked.

    And for the record, there have been a LOT of threads on this very forum where we have member saying the same things after a Vikings loss.
    And there are very few of us who maintain that good teams win regardless of bad calls.

    The intentional grounding call was absolutely the wrong call.
    I said so at the game, and when I watched the game today it reaffirmed my belief.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Bears' fans are bitter

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    ok....thats some funny shiiiiit!

    ;D

    Although I didnt see anyone mention the catch that they gave Hester on the sideline....the pushout that he had no chance of actually landing in bounds!

    LOSERS!
    They didn't award him that catch.
    He didn't maintain control of the ball so it was ruled incomplete after the refs talked.

    And for the record, there have been a LOT of threads on this very forum where we have member saying the same things after a Vikings loss.
    And there are very few of us who maintain that good teams win regardless of bad calls.

    The intentional grounding call was absolutely the wrong call.
    I said so at the game, and when I watched the game today it reaffirmed my belief.
    I stand corrected....I forgot about the discussion about maintaining control!
    I do agree that the intentional grounding call was terrible........
    wasnt that third down anyway??


    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bears' fans are bitter

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    ok....thats some funny shiiiiit!
    ;D

    Although I didnt see anyone mention the catch that they gave Hester on the sideline....the pushout that he had no chance of actually landing in bounds!

    LOSERS!
    They didn't award him that catch.
    He didn't maintain control of the ball so it was ruled incomplete after the refs talked.

    And for the record, there have been a LOT of threads on this very forum where we have member saying the same things after a Vikings loss.
    And there are very few of us who maintain that good teams win regardless of bad calls.

    The intentional grounding call was absolutely the wrong call.
    I said so at the game, and when I watched the game today it reaffirmed my belief.
    I stand corrected....I forgot about the discussion about maintaining control!
    I do agree that the intentional grounding call was terrible........
    wasnt that third down anyway??


    Yeah, and there was also a holding flag, so it really wouldn't have mattered.

    Reading that forum is pretty funny though.
    There are a lot of fans who are really going overboard.
    But this comment was my favorite:

    When you blame refs for a loss, it means your team sucks.
    QFT.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    Mikecarter81's Avatar
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    823

    Re: Bears' fans are bitter

    No offesne but I felt slightly vindicated.
    I mean I can't count the number of times the vikes have been called for phantom pass interference penalities in the past!

    Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

  9. #9
    billvike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    476

    Re: Bears' fans are bitter

    the bears didnt have a damn chance anyways orton couldent run shit so i dont know why there soo pissed they were out of the playoff race along time ago. they need to just change there diapers and have there mommies fix them a damn bottle. f***ing cry babies
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

  10. #10
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: Bears' fans are bitter

    so what if they
    called that?it really wouldnt have mattered because there was a holding call on that play anyway and they would still have to punt.SO we got an extra 5 yards thats about it

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Not that I'm bitter.....
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 11:01 PM
  2. For all you bears fans out there watch this!
    By FreakinVikingsBaby in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 12:16 PM
  3. Bears Fans
    By DeathtoDenny in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 04:42 AM
  4. Bears Fans LOL
    By Hitstick31 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 10:50 PM
  5. I'm not bitter....
    By StarSaint in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 12:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •