Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bears?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

The Bears?

If we focus too much on the run it'll be another low scoring affair that could go either way. That's what the Bears want. They have a very good Defensive Backfield. It will take a good running game AND Daunte being on, with no interceptions or fumbles to win.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

The Bears?

There were some very good ones, especially the Lb play, or the O-line, Special teams are terrible. But I will give you some others.

2003 games - San Diego, Oakland, Chicago and Arizona.

The D made qbs like Flutie, McCown, Grossman look like hall of famers. This year they have done that with running backs.

And oh yeah, they have won very few games the past five years on grass. Let me know if you need anything else to worry about!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

The Bears?

Randy Moss will have a monster game in Chicago. That's not a prediction; it's a guarantee.

Moss will tear up the Bears' secondary, you just watch. Pay extra-close attention to when Moss is matched up against Bears cornerback Charles Tillman. Moss has some unfinished business with Tillman and is just itching to light him up.

The most dangerous receiver in the NFL becomes even more dangerous when riled.

And Moss is mega riled.

He's in that state because of what happened last Dec. 14 in Chicago. With 1:02 to play and the game on the line, Tillman ripped the ball out of Moss' hands in the end zone. The Vikings lost 13-10 because Moss lost the ball to Tillman. Had Moss made the catch and the Vikings won, they would have been in the playoffs.

Moss wants another crack at Tillman — many cracks.

That interception brought national attention to Tillman. It's not every day a rookie cornerback — or anyone, for that matter — rips the ball from Randy Moss.

"I don't live off that play,' Tillman told Chicago reporters Wednesday. "I'm over it. We need to look forward.'

Moss will be living in the past Sunday and will drag Tillman back there with him.

Tillman didn't play when the Vikings and Bears met earlier this season because he had a broken leg. So, this is the first chance for Moss to do to Tillman what Tillman did to Moss: Humiliate him.

Even without Tillman as motivation, Moss did a number on the Bears in their first meeting this season, catching seven passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns in a 27-22 victory Sept. 26. Afterward, Moss griped that the Bears took cheap shots, but that's not what will stoke him Sunday. Tillman will do the stoking.

Sunday, it will look as if Moss is fully recovered from his partially torn hamstring. At least when Tillman is assigned to cover him.

Asked Wednesday if he would talk about Tillman, Moss said, "No."

Then, as he walked away, I told him, "I do feel sorry for Tillman.'

Moss replied, "Me, too.'

You might want to take the Vikings and lay the seven points.

Tillman missed eight games while his fractured tibia healed, then played Thanksgiving Day in a reserve role against Dallas. Bears coach Lovie Smith indicated Wednesday that Tillman might start against the Vikings.

We'll see what kind of coach Smith is. If he's smart, he will make sure Tillman isn't lined up opposite Moss too often — and once would be too often.

Moss is like a snoozing lion; the last thing you want to do is poke him with a stick. That interception by Tillman in last year's game at Chicago was a poke that still stings.

A comment Tillman made to those Chicago reporters might add to the sting. Noting Moss' hamstring injury, Tillman said, "Hopefully, we can take advantage of that leg and a half and still dominate him.'

How about that? Tillman is talking about dominating Moss. He doesn't know Moss the way we know Moss.

"He might still have one eye out to get me,' Tillman said. "We're going to see it on Sunday.'

We're going to see plenty from Moss.

"I can't wait to get the game going,' Daunte Culpepper said.

Asked who would come away with the ball if Tillman is covering Moss in the end zone with Sunday's game on the line, Culpepper said, "No. 84, all day long.'

Vikings coach Mike Tice shied away from addressing the Moss vs. Tillman angle, saying, "I don't want to give bulletin-board material.'

As if a few printed words stapled to a bulletin board could somehow cause Tillman or other Bears from shutting down a riled-up Randy Moss. There is no shutting down Randy Moss when he is riled up.

"All I want you to remember is who we played the week after we lost to Chicago and look at Moss' stats,' Tice said of last December's meeting.

The Vikings routed the Kansas City Chiefs 45-20, and among Moss' seven receptions for 111 yards were TD catches of 30 and 21 yards.

Randy Moss is fired up and riled up once again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The Bears?

awesome sig jackyl! Big K looking over the Vikes on Sundays!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

The Bears?

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    awesome sig jackyl! Big K looking over the Vikes on Sundays!

viking_john66 is offline Waterboy

The Bears?

Urlacher will be playing, which give their D an added swagger even if he is hobbled somewhat. I don't like the looks of Jeff George signing. I can see a scenario where he comes in for sandlot ball in the 2nd half and mucks up the works.

I've been to the last 3 improbable losses (@ soldier and champaign), so can't feel great about this one. the bears make inspired plays vs the vikes so this will be more of a test than it appears.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

The Bears?

I think a blowout is on the horizen

Vikes 45
    bears 10

eagles 45
    packers 14
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The Bears?

"Storm" wrote:

The bottom line is, if we cant beat Bears in their current state, we have no business going to the playoffs anyway!
    THIS is the bottom line...the rest is all secondary to the above statement. The Vikings should be TOTALLY focused this week and every week for the rest of the season if they want to show what they are made of...EVERY game should be played like it is their last of the season.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

The Bears?

The only ones that the Bears can dominate is their own practice sqaud.
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The Bears?

"Eyesore" wrote:
    The only ones that the Bears can dominate is their own practice sqaud.
    Let's both hope so!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast