Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bears?

The Bears?

My guess is that I think it's going to be a pretty one-sided win by you guys. Although I pray every night duhBears can pull off a 'W.'
    GO PACKERS!

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

The Bears?

"Steamed Turtle" wrote:
    My guess is that I think it's going to be a pretty one-sided win by you guys. Although I pray every night duhBears can pull off a 'W.'
    I tend to agree...even when the Bears get fired up...it don't last, they have no spirit or morale! :salute:

vikesfan is offline Starter

The Bears?

I do think we'll win this Sunday, but there are a couple things that worry me about this game. First of all, we barely beat the Bears at home with a 100% healthy Randy Moss in week 2. The only reason we did beat them was because Daunte threw for nearly 400 yards and no INT's. But this game will be outside in some cold weather, which could slow down the passing game. Also, they have a good running back, and the way the Vikes run D has played the last 5 or 6 games, that kind of scares me.

The Bears?

"Steamed Turtle" wrote:
    get back in the soup will ya :roll:

BUT as SKOL says

How about the fact that they've beaten us 3 consecutive years at Soldier Field. Not that I'm worried, but it's not easy to win divisional games there.
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

The Bears?

I dont know, whats all this fuzz about the Bear D? They are godawful against the run - 28th in the league. With Tice and C-Pep talking about being more explosive on the run this week, I think we will exploit that weakness. With Moss back, the running game should open up a little more. And what about the Bear offense? Wait, they have one?

The bottom line is, if we cant beat Bears in their current state, we have no business going to the playoffs anyway. I know that divisional games are always close, but this is a team we must put away if we are for real this season. SKOL VIKINGS!

The Bears?

"Storm" wrote:
    I dont know, whats all this fuzz about the Bear D? They are godawful against the run - 28th in the league. With Tice and C-Pep talking about being more explosive on the run this week, I think we will exploit that weakness. With Moss back, the running game should open up a little more. And what about the Bear offense? Wait, they have one?

The bottom line is, if we cant beat Bears in their current state, we have no business going to the playoffs anyway. I know that divisional games are always close, but this is a team we must put away if we are for real this season. SKOL VIKINGS!
    Very well put storm, thanks for reminding us :drunken: by the way Welcome to the Board if you haven't been welcomed :thumbleft: cool avatar by the way...
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Bears?

"Storm" wrote:

I agree about putting them away but you can not over look there D.

What was the big deal withour D last year. Our DBs changed the course of many games. That is what an opportunistic D does, change the game. The Bear D is just that opportunistic. Their D needs to be respected or you will find yourself in the position of being behind like we have been a few times in the last 6 weeks or so.

Just give them some respect but don't fear them is all I am asking.

Personally, I hope we take a page from the Colts game plan and attack them. I think it is a big mistake to think we should control the game with our Run.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

The Bears?

If you're not nervous about Hutchinson, just think about this. At this time last year did you know who Rex Grossman or Josh McCown was or think that a no - name QB could knock off the Vikes.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

The Bears?

Man am i glad Hutch is gone from the 'boys. Kordell is a better QB than Hutch :lol:

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

The Bears?

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I agree about putting them away but you can not over look there D.

What was the big deal withour D last year. Our DBs changed the course of many games. That is what an opportunistic D does, change the game. The Bear D is just that opportunistic. Their D needs to be respected or you will find yourself in the position of being behind like we have been a few times in the last 6 weeks or so.

Just give them some respect but don't fear them is all I am asking.

Personally, I hope we take a page from the Colts game plan and attack them. I think it is a big mistake to think we should control the game with our Run.
    Yeah, I agree with your gameplan. Actually Tice said that we wont rely too heavily on running game, no matter what the weather condition might be. He said that we need to be more explosive on the run, more yards per run is our priority. Maybe he's just confusing Bear coaches and we will come out running it down the middle whole game, who knows. But yeah, I think passing should be our priority against that D.

"casper" wrote:
    by the way Welcome to the Board if you haven't been welcomed cool avatar by the way...
    Thanks! 8)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast