Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Battle to be the backup QB

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp_v3/viewer/index.php?pid=16391&rn=207187&cl=400883&ch=396337
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

hey,! it actually worked.
    the tavaris jackson video.
    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp_v3/viewer/index.php?pid=16391&rn=207187&cl=400883&ch=396337
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

I think that Tarvaris may pass up McMahon during the season, but Mike has the edge right now because he was in the system last year at Phili!

Hopefully Tarvaris can impress the coaches a ton here during training camp!!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

I would like to see T.j take over the 2nd spot somewhere near half way, that would give us a real advantage for pushin him to be the starter he needs to become.

it would be reallly nice to see him take over for brad for starting next year!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

You're all going to think I'm crazy, but J.T. is a good candidate to be the next Tom Brady.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Published July 30, 2006 10:48 am

This excerpt was taking from the following article;

Vikings punter feeling good

Chad Courrier
    Free Press
    Staff Writer

[size=18px]Backup quarterbacks[/size]

With starter Brad Johnson excused from practice until Monday, backups Mike McMahon, J.T. O’Sullivan and Tarvarius Jackson have begun the battle to be Johnson’s backup. McMahon, a six-year veteran, is the favorite, having spent last season in Philadelphia where coach Brad Childress was the offensive coordinator.

“He’s doing a nice job,” offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said of McMahon. “He has a great feel for the offense. He has had the luxury of being in the Philly system, so that that has helped him come out here and compete.”

O’Sullivan was drafted by New Orleans in 2002, and he spent the 2004 season in Green Bay. He spent half of last season on Chicago’s practice squad before signing with Minnesota when Daunte Culpepper’s season ended because of injury. Jackson is one of the Vikings’ second-round draft choices, and he’s considered more of a project.

“I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how fast he picked up the offense,” Bevell said. “No one is going to outwork him.”

Childress said earlier this week that there is a scenario in which the team keeps four quarterbacks, though he wouldn’t discuss details.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

"Braddock" wrote:
    You're all going to think I'm crazy, but J.T. is a good candidate to be the next Tom Brady.
    Yes, the pipe is loaded and all I need is a flame. Only a few dozen hits away from re-reading this statement.

============

Ranking the quarterbacks, team by team
    Aaron Schatz / FootballOutsiders.com
    30 July 2006

31. Minnesota
    Brad Johnson has been in the NFL for 15 years, and he's managed to stay healthy through all 16 games only three times. At age 38, is this going to be the fourth? When the inevitable injury comes, the Vikings are in trouble. Mike McMahon scrambles far too often and has no touch on his passes, and if people think Vince Young needs a lot of preparation before he's ready to play in the NFL, where does that leave Tavaris Jackson?
    The purpleride's of the website will like this ranking.

One good point of this blurb is the Vince 'Sparkly' Young's comparison with Tarvaris. But, then again, the guy loses credibility (not that he has any) by misspelling Mr. Jackson's name.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Yes, the pipe is loaded and all I need is a flame. Only a few dozen hits away from re-reading this statement.
    Ryan Leaf maybe, but not Tom Brady. How many gumballs did you chew? :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I think give the rookie a shot at the number 2 and let him blosson...hey why not...either that or cut JT who hasnt had a snap in a (long) time..if we dont give jackson the 2 then why the hell did we spend a 2nd rd on him..unless he is put it C-pep's shoes to go from 3rd to star

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Published July 30, 2006 10:48 am

This excerpt was taking from the following article;

Vikings punter feeling good

Chad Courrier
    Free Press
    Staff Writer

[size=18px]Backup quarterbacks[/size]

With starter Brad Johnson excused from practice until Monday, backups Mike McMahon, J.T. O’Sullivan and Tarvarius Jackson have begun the battle to be Johnson’s backup. McMahon, a six-year veteran, is the favorite, having spent last season in Philadelphia where coach Brad Childress was the offensive coordinator.

“He’s doing a nice job,” offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said of McMahon. “He has a great feel for the offense. He has had the luxury of being in the Philly system, so that that has helped him come out here and compete.”

O’Sullivan was drafted by New Orleans in 2002, and he spent the 2004 season in Green Bay. He spent half of last season on Chicago’s practice squad before signing with Minnesota when Daunte Culpepper’s season ended because of injury. Jackson is one of the Vikings’ second-round draft choices, and he’s considered more of a project.

“I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how fast he picked up the offense,” Bevell said. “No one is going to outwork him.”

Childress said earlier this week that there is a scenario in which the team keeps four quarterbacks, though he wouldn’t discuss details.
    The ONLY way I can see them keeping FOUR QBs is if they use TJack as a "Slash"-type player for a season...though I HIGHLY doubt it. More than likely, they cut JT and keep his number on speed dial.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast