Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    daredevil25 is offline Rookie

"Batman" Ahmad Carroll gets pass interference on 1

"Jer" wrote:
    muchluv4moss-what is Randy's vertical? Carroll's is 41 inches. So lets take 6 off that-35 inch vert. next to Moss who jumps how high?
    DeAngelo Hall jumps 41 inches I don't know how high Moss jumps but knowing him its ungodly.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Jer" wrote:
    muchluv4moss-what is Randy's vertical? Carroll's is 41 inches. So lets take 6 off that-35 inch vert. next to Moss who jumps how high?

Here is part of an article about Moss's vertical. He didn't attend the combine, so I couldn't get it from that.

"You've definitely got to be physical, but just be ready to run," Walls said. "Don't do anything silly. I'll respect his speed and at the same time I'll always be aggressive. That is a part of my game. I'll take my chances when I can, but you can't take too many chances on him because he'll beat you."

Sometimes, Moss will beat you even when you stay with him. Denver's cornerback Kelly Herndon used to face Moss back in college at Toledo and said he's always been good at using his body to gain an advantage in coverage.

"He'll do a little pushing and things like that sometimes and get away with it, but mostly he uses his height and his jumping ability," Herndon said. That's why he's so good."

Even though Walls is the same height as Moss, he knows he'll be at a disadvantage going for balls against Moss because the Minnesota receiver has a 42-inch vertical leap, about three inches more than Walls.

"With Randy, me and him are the same height, but he is obviously more used to jumping at balls because he is a wide receiver that's an advantage he has on me," Walls said. "But I just have to make sure I know where he is when I'm jumping and make sure my body is in good position when I jump."

Or size won't matter at all.

So, Moss has a 42 inch vertical, which is an inch higher than batman. He also has about 6 inches in height over batman. Also remember that height also translates into wing span, so his reach would give him even more of an advantage. Overall, Moss has a huge advantage in going up an getting the ball, over batman. But still, Carroll is fast enough to run with Moss, if he doesn't hesitate, like DeAngelo Hall did in our last preseason game. Again, it will be a year or two, before batman has to cover Moss anyways, so this talk is pointlesss.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Can anyone really "cover" Moss?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

We do have to remember that Daunte does have to throw the ball perfect because that 6 inch gap isn't huge when its way far down field. I'm not hating, I'm just sayin!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The way Moss burns people though, it doesn't really have to be "perfect." Theres been plenty of times that Daunte has thrown bad passes that Moss comes up with. There's been plenty that Moss has missed too though, so it goes both ways!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345