Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Batman" Ahmad Carroll gets pass interference on 1

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    I do not know how slow Bannister is? Do you?

Consolation is not what I desire.

I didn't realize, Bannister burned Carroll..."a half dozen times". I expect there to be a learning curve with any rookie in the NFL. I am sure he will take his lumps. What choice do the Packers have? I'm just optimistic that the increased amount of preseason experience will have Carroll better prepared for the Panthers on September 13th.

Green Bay will not concede to Randy Moss. Football is a team sport. I have faith the Packers will figure out away to win vs. the Vikes regardless of #84 the demigod. I am sure he is unstoppable on Madden 2004 or wherever. But, in the real world of athletics especially, football he is a mere mortal. And by some reports less than a MAN.

Texpack: If Moss was on the Packers you would never shut up about how he was going to destroy the Vikes DB's, you would love to have him!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

That's B.S. Whack. I talk about the Packers as a team, occasionally I mention individuals.

You don't see me writing about Favre this and Favre that. What the team does is most important to me.

I like Moss as a player and have stated it on this forum many times. But, he is human, makes mistakes, and has flaws in his play, too.

I am sure he didn't score 100% on his grade out on Saturday morning.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

First of all. Couch did look absolutely terrible. The field was wet so I don't think that really helped Carroll out, even though I still don't think he'll be able to even hold Moss' jockstrap!! But I also don't think that he will be matched up against Moss too often. If McKenzie never shows up, which is looking like that's going to happen, Harris will most likely be the #1 guy for pack and he will be on Moss!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    That's B.S. Whack. I talk about the Packers as a team, occasionally I mention individuals.

You don't see me writing about Favre this and Favre that. What the team does is most important to me.

I like Moss as a player and have stated it on this forum many times. But, he is human, makes mistakes, and has flaws in his play, too.

I am sure he didn't score 100% on his grade out on Saturday morning.

Texpack would the Packers team be better if they had Moss?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Two comments:

Enjoy bashing Batman (or should he be the kid, Robin?), but ItalianStallion and Texpack are right, the guy is only a rookie DB in the NFL, first rounder or not (and a late 1st rounder at that). Most rookie DBs look pretty raw early. I didn't see the guy play, but give him at least two seasons before you call him a bust.

When talking about NFL DBs vs. Moss, with very few exceptions, Randy plays like a man among boys.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "TEXPACK" wrote:
    I stand by what I said, Carroll is faster than Moss. I thought he looked alright. I was very impressed with Roman. He clearly should start at FS.

The Green Bay Packers starting offense showed flickers of promise. That is one group I won't worry about.
    Texpack, bro, I feel like I"m consoling a child here but

He got burned. By Bannester. Do you know how slow bannester is?

And not once. Not twice. But half a dozen times.

He can't run with Randy Moss...he just can't

I hate to agree with Texpack, but he is absolutely right, batman is extremely fast. I won't say he is faster than Moss, but damn close and he possibly could be. I believe that he has some school records in track, so that would show he is pretty damn fast. He runs the 40 in the low 4.2's, which is near moss. When a corner gets beat by a WR, it isn't because the WR is faster. Are you saying bannister is faster than batman?? He isn't even close to batman's speed. You can talk abut batman being a bad corner, which I won't agree with either, but don't act like he isn't really fast, because he is and he brings records to prove it.

Texpack is right, carrol can run with Moss, but what he can't do is jump with moss. Moss will have no trouble with caroll, moss has like 6 inches and a much higher verticle. Again, I say this talk is pointless though, because carroll will be a nickel CB at best and Moss is never covered by just one guy.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"purplepat" wrote:
    Two comments:

Enjoy bashing Batman (or should he be the kid, Robin?), but ItalianStallion and Texpack are right, the guy is only a rookie DB in the NFL, first rounder or not (and a late 1st rounder at that). Most rookie DBs look pretty raw early. I didn't see the guy play, but give him at least two seasons before you call him a bust.

When talking about NFL DBs vs. Moss, with very few exceptions, Randy plays like a man among boys.

Agreed, plus batman was a junior when he entered the draft, so he was thought of as a raw CB. I think he is gonna be a damn good CB in a few years.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "TEXPACK" wrote:
    I stand by what I said, Carroll is faster than Moss. I thought he looked alright. I was very impressed with Roman. He clearly should start at FS.

The Green Bay Packers starting offense showed flickers of promise. That is one group I won't worry about.
    Texpack, bro, I feel like I"m consoling a child here but

He got burned. By Bannester. Do you know how slow bannester is?

And not once. Not twice. But half a dozen times.

He can't run with Randy Moss...he just can't

I hate to agree with Texpack, but he is absolutely right, batman is extremely fast. I won't say he is faster than Moss, but damn close and he possibly could be. I believe that he has some school records in track, so that would show he is pretty damn fast. He runs the 40 in the low 4.2's, which is near moss. When a corner gets beat by a WR, it isn't because the WR is faster. Are you saying bannister is faster than batman?? He isn't even close to batman's speed. You can talk abut batman being a bad corner, which I won't agree with either, but don't act like he isn't really fast, because he is and he brings records to prove it.

Texpack is right, carrol can run with Moss, but what he can't do is jump with moss. Moss will have no trouble with caroll, moss has like 6 inches and a much higher verticle. Again, I say this talk is pointless though, because carroll will be a nickel CB at best and Moss is never covered by just one guy.
    40 yard dash time doesn't matter, only game speed does, and Carroll was getting smoked by the 4th string WR, all I have to say :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Newsflash, the game of football is played on a field not on a TRACK. Bennett has world class speed, who cares. Caroll has school records for track, who cares. They are playing FOOTBALL not running relays!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

amen VKG....so I pose this question?

Who is faster

Bennett or Vick?
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast