VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Bates on block, other Vikings updates

Vikings | Bates on the Trading Block - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:37:37 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings are shopping backup WR D'Wayne Bates. The team would like to receive a late-round draft choice for him.

- Interesting... I was hoping our off-seaosn wouldn't be over. If we can trade him do we release him or keep him around just incase?

Vikings | Considered Barrow ... - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:37:08 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings considered going after free agent MLB Mike Barrow (Giants). However, it now appears unlikely that they'll go after him.

- It would have been ncie to have a good back-up for EJ....

Vikings | Expected to Sign Bennett - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:36:57 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings are expected to sign free agent P Darren Bennett (Chargers) next week.

- YES!

Vikings | Gowin Could be an Option - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:36:41 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports if the Minnesota Vikings are unable to sign free agent P Darren Bennett (Chargers), they could turn their attention to P Toby Gowin (Cowboys).

- Not a bad back-up plan.

Vikings | No Interest in Steussie - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:36:21 -0800

According to the Pioneer Press, the Minnesota Vikings aren't interested in free agent OLT Todd Steussie (Panthers).

- I dunno, Rosenthal didn't convince me. With possibly losing Cory Withrow, it wouldn't hurt to ahve him as a back-up and let him compete. However he'll probably ask too much to use him as that.

Vikings | Walker on the Trading Block - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:35:17 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings are trying to trade CB Denard Walker. The team would like to land a late-round draft choice for him, but if they can't work out a trade they will simply release him.

- Excellent. Thats 2.5 million more dollars we have to spend on a player that actually does something besides hurt the team.

Vikings | Carter to Serve as Backup - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:35:01 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports Minnesota Vikings S Tyrone Carter will serve as the top backup at both free safety and strong safety during his second stint with the Vikings.

- I hope they give Brewer a chance too. Carter showed some promise at CB....
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

I have seen talk of both Bates and Walker being traded. I think the best we could hope for is to package them both together and get and extra 3rd or 4th rounder. With an extra 3rd we maybe could move up enough in the first and grab us a stud DE. I will admit I am not the most well read person when it comes to the draft, my best friend used to handle that. He passed away on Christmas Day from cancer leaving behing 2 kids and a wife. So now I am trying to get up to speed on players coming out of college. When the season starts raise a glass to the Viking fans that have left us.
    The truth? You can t handle the truth!!

no one really is interested in these guys. the best we could hope for is a 7th for walker. but any team that's interested will just wait till they are released
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Vikingman1971 I feel for your loss of your best friend. I have been told in here that unles the Vikings trade Walker they will be hit for him in the pocketbook anyway. I do like the idea of trying to package the two as Bates will not play much do to a recent signing. I doubt that ant team will want the players in a package deal but what the heck why not try.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Id say give them to Dan Snyder that guy buys up everyone else rich snobby ass owner....too young and too dumb he puts all this money into his team and what do they do nothing!! i laugh at them....hahahahahahaahahahaha!!

dont draft clarett[ba]
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by billvike

Id say give them to Dan Snyder that guy buys up everyone else rich snobby ass owner....too young and too dumb he puts all this money into his team and what do they do nothing!! i laugh at them....hahahahahahaahahahaha!!

dont draft clarett[ba]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I say make Walker sit on the Pine and think about that last play the whole season...freakin Loser.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!