Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 440
  1. #41
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    [quote author=Del Rio link=topic=27055.msg466790#msg466790 date=1157988985]
    [quote author=WilliamsonOfTroy link=topic=27055.msg466789#msg466789 date=1157988868]
    In retrospect it looks like a bad trade...but Childress didnt want to enter the season with Travis Taylor and M-Rob being our only proven vets at WR.He wanted more PROVEN depth, even if that ment getting rid of a prospect.I could care less about Baskett...I dont think hes gonna do anything special in his career.(Nore McMullen, but McMullen has played in some NFL games.)
    PROVEN?

    Uh yeah.......

    I'm not saying McMullen is proven in the NFL like Randy Moss, but he has played against NFL defenses and caught passes.Maybe not alot, but Baskett has yet to prove anything.
    Yeah, he is proven....to not be a factor in any game he's ever played in.
    Proven to be a worthless piece of crap receiver who doesn't perform.
    Proven to suck, all around.

    Sorry... I probably stretched the truth a little there.
    You are so fair and unbiased in your assessment!


    I have had to read these posts about an undrafted rookie receiver that 32 teams passed on for 7 rounds yet he is a sure thing and how Baskett is going to be a star, and your post is a shining example of why I posted this thread!

    Maybe Baskett will be better than McMullen, but maybe he won't and at the end of the year we will see how it goes.
    This is so rediculous to argue over.
    Fact is neither player is likely to contribute much to his team this year.
    Which is why I am unhappy with the trade.
    I don't really care that much.
    Just b!tching about it to have some fun.
    Nobody ever said that Baskett is going to be a star.
    More than likely he is not.
    Even if the Vikes kept him, there is a great chance that he would have been cut either this year or after next years camp.
    I just think Basket had more upside than McMuffin.
    Thats all.
    Please don't go off on some tangent saying how we all think that Basket is going to be a star.
    I sure as hell never said that and I don't recall anybody else saying that either.
    I think the word used over and over again was potential.
    HUGE difference between potential and stardom.
    [/quote]


    Apparently you slept through the 5 or 6 threads about the trade and Baskett starting in preseason, how he was the steal of the draft, how McCrabb was fawning over him, the countless posters that were saying Childress doesn't know what he is doing, and the I hate Childress because he is bringing all ex-Philly players, and so forth.

    Lets just see how the season goes for both players and see what happens!

    McMullen could never catch a pass for the Viking's!
    Baskett could catch 10 TD's and 1,200 yards!
    But let see and then decide how the trade went!
    [/quote]

    I see your point, I just interpreted the threads differently.
    I didn't take anybody's posts to mean that they thought he was a HOFer in the making.
    Quality starting WR someday maybe, but certainly no Moss.
    We'll definitely have to wait and see, but I don't expect much excitement...if any...from either player.
    Now Carter on the other hand...let me get started on him.... ;D

  2. #42
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    Chalk it up. One catch for McMullen. Already beating out Baskett for what it's worth.
    :

  3. #43
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    i saw #12 catch a ball and i said to myself, hey whos that....MCMULLEN!
    i cant wait to post on PPO, LOL

  4. #44
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    I really hope this thread can keep on going. After week one I'm wrong I'll admit that. As I said if McMullen does more than Baskett this season I will gladly eat crow.

    There is no need to start up the whole. "That trade sucked" argument. It has already been done in numerous other threads, so you might as well dig up one of those and post there.

    I think we all know where each other stands so lets just watch and see who was right.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #45
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    Week 2:
    McMullen - 1 catch, 17 yards
    Baskett - 1 catch, 25 yards

    Yearly total (2 games):
    McMullen - 2 catches, 39 yards
    Baskett - 1 catch, 25 yards
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  6. #46
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Week 2:
    McMullen - 1 catch, 17 yards
    Baskett - 1 catch, 25 yards

    Yearly total (2 games):
    McMullen - 2 catches, 39 yards
    Baskett - 1 catch, 25 yards
    Week two goes to Baskett.........the race is getting heated.
    This is as exciting as watching paint dry in an old persons home

  7. #47
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    I was surprised that this thread was being kept up.
    I kind of like watching paint dry regardless of where it is.

  8. #48
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    I was surprised that this thread was being kept up.
    I kind of like watching paint dry regardless of where it is.
    Yeah but your a plant scientist your used to things going.......S...L....O...W.........

  9. #49
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "Del" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I was surprised that this thread was being kept up.
    I kind of like watching paint dry regardless of where it is.
    Yeah but your a plant scientist your used to things going.......S...L....O...W.........
    You just have to learn how to appreciate the details, than time becomes irrelevant.

  10. #50
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    i didn't like the trade when it happened either, but mcmullen is a viking now. he has made a nice catch in each game he has played. he is one of ours and maybe we should appreciate him as such. it doesn't matter what baskett does anymore. he is an eagle. go mcmullen!
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Access Vikings:McMullen admits mistake
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 12:33 AM
  2. Bench Williamson, Travis Taylor, Start McMullen, Johnson
    By jmmcgorman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 05:17 PM
  3. Billy McMullen!
    By audioghost in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 08:13 AM
  4. Hank Baskett
    By VikingPatrick in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 12:37 PM
  5. Baskett, McMullen trade
    By vike_mike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 10:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •