Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    In retrospect it looks like a bad trade...but Childress didnt want to enter the season with Travis Taylor and M-Rob being our only proven vets at WR.He wanted more PROVEN depth, even if that ment getting rid of a prospect.I could care less about Baskett...I dont think hes gonna do anything special in his career.(Nore McMullen, but McMullen has played in some NFL games.)
    PROVEN?

Uh yeah.......

I'm not saying McMullen is proven in the NFL like Randy Moss, but he has played against NFL defenses and caught passes.Maybe not alot, but Baskett has yet to prove anything.
    Yeah, he is proven....to not be a factor in any game he's ever played in.
    Proven to be a worthless piece of crap receiver who doesn't perform.
    Proven to suck, all around.

Sorry... I probably stretched the truth a little there.
    You are so fair and unbiased in your assessment!

I have had to read these posts about an undrafted rookie receiver that 32 teams passed on for 7 rounds yet he is a sure thing and how Baskett is going to be a star, and your post is a shining example of why I posted this thread!

Maybe Baskett will be better than McMullen, but maybe he won't and at the end of the year we will see how it goes.

Exactly Whack, Look im not sayin that Baskett is garbage, and that McMullen is the next Chris Carter.However I do feel that Baskett has done not little, but nothing to prove we lost out on the trade.He had a big catch in preseason.whooptie doo.Jason Carter had a better preseason then Baskett, and hes on our practice squad.While McMullen has never put up over 1,000 yards receiving, or 10-15 TD's in a season.He has played in NFL games, against NFL competiton.If Baskett blows up and becomes the greatest thing since sliced bread, I'll eat my crow.Besides...in this WCO I dont really think Baskett fits the mold.Hes too slow, he would be better suited at TE for us then WR IMO.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Del Rio Guest

Baskett is actually perfect for the WCO

Baskett has the rare combination of being a huge receiver and having natural athleticism. Runs good patterns and has the quickness to get in and out of cuts for separation on short to medium routes. Has good hands, and when he stays focused, he could adjust to off-target passes and make tough catches. His size and strength enable him to be a productive runner after the catch. His size, strength and hands make him a dangerous red-zone receiver. Very efficient blocker.

What he wouldn't be good for is the we need a 60+ yard pass down the sideline to spread the defense offense.

His strength is short to medium timed routes, he is a very good blocker. He doesn't have breakaway speed, and you do not need that. That is why he should do fairly well in Philly.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    In retrospect it looks like a bad trade...but Childress didnt want to enter the season with Travis Taylor and M-Rob being our only proven vets at WR.He wanted more PROVEN depth, even if that ment getting rid of a prospect.I could care less about Baskett...I dont think hes gonna do anything special in his career.(Nore McMullen, but McMullen has played in some NFL games.)
    PROVEN?

Uh yeah.......

I'm not saying McMullen is proven in the NFL like Randy Moss, but he has played against NFL defenses and caught passes.Maybe not alot, but Baskett has yet to prove anything.

I have had to read these posts about an undrafted rookie receiver that 32 teams passed on for 7 rounds yet he is a sure thing and how Baskett is going to be a star, and your post is a shining example of why I posted this thread!

Maybe Baskett will be better than McMullen, but maybe he won't and at the end of the year we will see how it goes.
    This is so rediculous to argue over.
    Fact is neither player is likely to contribute much to his team this year.
    Which is why I am unhappy with the trade.
    I don't really care that much.
    Just b!tching about it to have some fun.
    Nobody ever said that Baskett is going to be a star.
    More than likey he is not.
    Even if the Vikes kept him, there is a great chance that he would have been cut either this year or after next years camp.
    I just think Basket had more upside than McMuffin.
    Thats all.
    Please don't go off on some tangent saying how we all think that Basket is going to be a star.
    I sure as hell never said that and I don't recall anybody else saying that either.
    I think the word used over and over again was potential.
    HUGE difference between potential and stardom.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I will wait to judge both of them until they get some playingg time, but after seeing Stallworth light it up I think maybe we should have looked at getting him. But then again it was only one game too. Never the less my guess is the iggles were happy with his performance in replacing one T.O

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    [quote author=WilliamsonOfTroy link=topic=27055.msg466789#msg466789 date=1157988868]
    PROVEN?

Uh yeah.......

This is so rediculous to argue over.
    Fact is neither player is likely to contribute much to his team this year.
    Which is why I am unhappy with the trade.
    I don't really care that much.
    Just b!tching about it to have some fun.
    Nobody ever said that Baskett is going to be a star.
    More than likely he is not.
    Even if the Vikes kept him, there is a great chance that he would have been cut either this year or after next years camp.
    I just think Basket had more upside than McMuffin.
    Thats all.
    Please don't go off on some tangent saying how we all think that Basket is going to be a star.
    I sure as hell never said that and I don't recall anybody else saying that either.
    I think the word used over and over again was potential.
    HUGE difference between potential and stardom.
    [/quote]

Apparently you slept through the 5 or 6 threads about the trade and Baskett starting in preseason, how he was the steal of the draft, how McCrabb was fawning over him, the countless posters that were saying Childress doesn't know what he is doing, and the I hate Childress because he is bringing all ex-Philly players, and so forth.

Lets just see how the season goes for both players and see what happens!

McMullen could never catch a pass for the Viking's!
    Baskett could catch 10 TD's and 1,200 yards!
    But let see and then decide how the trade went!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ForceOfNorse is offline Starter

Childress just wanted someone there to help with the players' transition to his offense.
    After we have made the transition to the point to where our players all know what is going on, and what each person/position is supposed to be doing, McMullen will be kicked to the curb.

Hell, Jason Carter has every bit the up-side that Baskett has.

I don't think he should even be on the practice squad now!
    He should be on the 53 man roster!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"ArmsExchange" wrote:
    Prediction: Baskett wins by default when McMullen gets cut by the fourth week...er, this IS Childress....4th quarter, and Carter gets promoted from the practice squad.
    If Carter gets, promoted then we need a Baskett vs. Carter count. That'd be a good one.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Del Rio Guest

"Braddock" wrote:
    "ArmsExchange" wrote:
    Prediction: Baskett wins by default when McMullen gets cut by the fourth week...er, this IS Childress....4th quarter, and Carter gets promoted from the practice squad.
    If Carter gets, promoted then we need a Baskett vs. Carter count. That'd be a good one.
    I don't know if you could take Baskett over Carter. Especially since Carter practiced and worked within our system all year. I bet there would still be someone who would want Hank over Carter.

I am still kind of peeved he is on the practice squad.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Del" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "ArmsExchange" wrote:
    I don't know if you could take Baskett over Carter. Especially since Carter practiced and worked within our system all year. I bet there would still be someone who would want Hank over Carter.

I am still kind of peeved he is on the practice squad.
    Eh, he'll get his chance. With the way Childress has been cutting, if our KR aren't working out, Carter will get his shot. good things come to those who wait.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

oakmage is offline Starter

"Del" wrote:
    [b]Make sure you maintain this for at least 3 years whack.
    I just felt that this had to be noticed because truthfully you are going to have to wait a few years down the road to see if the trade was good or bad, unless something unforeseen like one getting cut this year.
    I am sure that this has happened in the past sometime where you trade 2 players and the first year after the trade one player plays a lot better then the other but 3 to 4 years down the road the other player has had a better career so dude you are going to have to go beyond on year to have any true since if whither or not it was or was not a good trade.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast