Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

"Del" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    In retrospect it looks like a bad trade...but Childress didnt want to enter the season with Travis Taylor and M-Rob being our only proven vets at WR.He wanted more PROVEN depth, even if that ment getting rid of a prospect.I could care less about Baskett...I dont think hes gonna do anything special in his career.(Nore McMullen, but McMullen has played in some NFL games.)
    PROVEN?

Uh yeah.......

I'm not saying McMullen is proven in the NFL like Randy Moss, but he has played against NFL defenses and caught passes.Maybe not alot, but Baskett has yet to prove anything.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    There really isn't a way to prove anything.
    At the end of their careers you can look at the numbers and say one was more productive than the other in some statistic or the other.
    We still have to debate this, just because it is our duty as members of PP.O.

Given the choice in a myopic point of view I would take the guy with potential compared to the guy that hasn't done much.
    But, since I don't know the overall plan of attack for the Vikings, other than our presumptions and what the media feeds us and our upcoming observations, maybe McMuffin is the better choice for the team now.
    We will never know.

That being said, Baskett > McMuffin.
    ;D
    well yeah!
    He's named Hank!
    Everybody named Hank succeeds.
    It's such a great name...compared to Billy McMuffin.
    ;D

I've ragged on this McMuffin guy way more than he desrves so far...I just have to admit that.
    I just didn't like the trade and have felt the need to continually b!tch about it ever since.
    Don't mind me!
    8)

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Probably going to be a pretty lame thread when next to Billy it says DID NOT PLAY.

Especially with Pinkston in town now.

I assume your not watching Baskett and McMullen on special teams.

Philly uses Perry as their Kickoff returner, and they use Westbrooke as their punt returner and I don't see Baskett supplementing either of those guys so no I don't plan on using special teams unless one of them or both of them start to return punts or kicks.
    There is a lot more to special teams then the returner. To my knowledge they both play on special teams.

Then Del keep track of it yourself and post the results, I just said that I wasn't going to.
    Your the one bitching. I don't care. If your going to do it do it right or don't even bother.

I am not bitching Del,but I posted unless they start returning punts or kicks then I am not posing it, special teams tackles are not a deciding factor of this trade.

And yes Del and Prophet this will have meaning for this year and who said I wouldn't continue this beyond this year!

And Del you were one of the biggest Baskett supporters and here is a chance for your guy to prove you right!
    He could have 45 cathces and 600 yards this year, are you giving up on him this early?

I am just posting receiving, rushing and returns anything else you guys can get it yourselves because the rest is irrelevant!

Your the one bitching. I don't care. If your going to do it do it right or don't even bother
    It sounds a little like whining Del!

If I am wrong and it was a huge mistake that we traded Baskett, I will admit it!
    But will the Baskett supporters and the Childress bashers for the trade admit it if he turns out to be a non factor and McMullen does as well or better than him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Del" wrote:
    In retrospect it looks like a bad trade...but Childress didnt want to enter the season with Travis Taylor and M-Rob being our only proven vets at WR.He wanted more PROVEN depth, even if that ment getting rid of a prospect.I could care less about Baskett...I dont think hes gonna do anything special in his career.(Nore McMullen, but McMullen has played in some NFL games.)
    PROVEN?

Uh yeah.......

I'm not saying McMullen is proven in the NFL like Randy Moss, but he has played against NFL defenses and caught passes.Maybe not alot, but Baskett has yet to prove anything.
    Yeah, he is proven....to not be a factor in any game he's ever played in.
    Proven to be a worthless piece of crap receiver who doesn't perform.
    Proven to suck, all around.

Sorry... I probably stretched the truth a little there.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

The stats will prove something to me. If McMullen's stats are better than Baskett's, I will gladly eat crow.

Did the Eagles throw to Baskett at all? I think dropped balls should be included.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    PROVEN?

Uh yeah.......

Yeah, he is proven....to not be a factor in any game he's ever played in.
    Proven to be a worthless piece of crap receiver who doesn't perform.
    Proven to suck, all around.

Sorry... I probably stretched the truth a little there.
    You are so fair and unbiased in your assessment!

I have had to read these posts about an undrafted rookie receiver that 32 teams passed on for 7 rounds yet he is a sure thing and how Baskett is going to be a star, and your post is a shining example of why I posted this thread!

Maybe Baskett will be better than McMullen, but maybe he won't and at the end of the year we will see how it goes.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    [quote author=Del Rio link=topic=27055.msg466778#msg466778 date=1157986710]
    Probably going to be a pretty lame thread when next to Billy it says DID NOT PLAY.

Especially with Pinkston in town now.

I assume your not watching Baskett and McMullen on special teams.

Philly uses Perry as their Kickoff returner, and they use Westbrooke as their punt returner and I don't see Baskett supplementing either of those guys so no I don't plan on using special teams unless one of them or both of them start to return punts or kicks.
    There is a lot more to special teams then the returner. To my knowledge they both play on special teams.

Then Del keep track of it yourself and post the results, I just said that I wasn't going to.
    Your the one bitching. I don't care. If your going to do it do it right or don't even bother.

I am not bitching Del,but I posted unless they start returning punts or kicks then I am not posing it, special teams tackles are not a deciding factor of this trade.

And yes Del and Prophet this will have meaning for this year and who said I wouldn't continue this beyond this year!

And Del you were one of the biggest Baskett supporters and here is a chance for your guy to prove you right!
    He could have 45 cathces and 600 yards this year, are you giving up on him this early?

I am just posting receiving, rushing and returns anything else you guys can get it yourselves because the rest is irrelevant!

Your the one bitching. I don't care. If your going to do it do it right or don't even bother
    It sounds a little like whining Del!

If I am wrong and it was a huge mistake that we traded Baskett, I will admit it!
    But will the Baskett supporters and the Childress bashers for the trade admit it if he turns out to be a non factor and McMullen does as well or better than him.
    [/quote]

I am a supporter of Baskett yet I would wager you have brought him up more then I ever have. In fact I am convinced that you have inflated the comments about him beyond reality. Somewhere in your made up universe you have come to the conclusion that people think he is going to be a HOF WR.

Is Billy Mcmullen a HOF WR Whack? No he isn't. So it isn't going to take a HOF WR effort to outplay the man. Which is the majority of the complaints people have is we traded a guy with upside for a guy who is flatlining. Plain and simple. Yet you continue to take it as an attack on Childress and the Vikings as a whole and continue to bring it up even more so now apparently as you have created your official thread that will proove absolutely nothing.

I do belive he will be productive in Philly. I have no doubt. However like I said just because he does good in Philly does not mean it was a bad trade, it doesn't mean he would have been able to do the same thing here in Minnesota.

I am not whining whack. I could care less what you do. You seem to have more of an infatuation with Baskett then anyone else around here. So if you feel the need to take a small sampling of statistics that doesn't encompass the entire ability for a player to produce then knock yourself out.

I only posted to let others know not to take this fallacy to heart. I know better maybe someone else does not.

Del Rio Guest

"V-Unit" wrote:
    The stats will prove something to me. If McMullen's stats are better than Baskett's, I will gladly eat crow.

Did the Eagles throw to Baskett at all? I think dropped balls should be included.
    Yes they did throw to him, the second play was a pass to him. I do not know if he dropped it or if it was a bad pass or what.

The fact that he played is probably more then Mcmullen will be able to say.

Prophet Guest

Or....the more likely scenario is they both are drones and deserve to be tossed out as fodder, replaceable by almost anyone floating around on the wire that owns a tube of stick'um.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

To do this right you should take in all information such as players relative environment.
    McMullen has better recievers in front of him.
    He would be the third reciever if he were still on the Eagles too.
    The press were just looking for a feel good story and alot of it has to do with the fact that Baskett was undrafted playing on the everyman feel of the story.
    Because niether players are probably not gonna have much for recieving stats your gonna have to take into consideration of special teams play.
    And hey while were at it why not their effect in the locker room and for the team.
    You can argue that Childress wanted a veteran reciever so traded for McMullen because he made the trade before Robinson was released and at that time we had 4 veteran recievers.
    The reason why this trade was bad was because McMullen wont produce on our team and Childress had the potential to someday.
    For that same reason you can't just take into account this years stats unless your only looking for immediate effect.
    Im sure Childress saw something in both players that influenced his decision.

Just comparing these guys production for this year isn't obviously a perfect comparison but itll satisfy a basic urge to know whos better and I like the idea cause I sure as hell ain't gonna do it.

We should all chill out and go and get a McNugget Basket and enjoy.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast