Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

Probably going to be a pretty lame thread when next to Billy it says DID NOT PLAY.

Especially with Pinkston in town now.

I assume your not watching Baskett and McMullen on special teams.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

both will be in NFL europe if thats still around next year.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

In retrospect it looks like a bad trade...but Childress didnt want to enter the season with Travis Taylor and M-Rob being our only proven vets at WR.He wanted more PROVEN depth, even if that ment getting rid of a prospect.I could care less about Baskett...I dont think hes gonna do anything special in his career.(Nore McMullen, but McMullen has played in some NFL games.)

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Del Rio Guest

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    In retrospect it looks like a bad trade...but Childress didnt want to enter the season with Travis Taylor and M-Rob being our only proven vets at WR.He wanted more PROVEN depth, even if that ment getting rid of a prospect.I could care less about Baskett...I dont think hes gonna do anything special in his career.(Nore McMullen, but McMullen has played in some NFL games.)
    PROVEN?

Uh yeah.......

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    Probably going to be a pretty lame thread when next to Billy it says DID NOT PLAY.

Philly uses Perry as their Kickoff returner, and they use Westbrooke as their punt returner and I don't see Baskett supplementing either of those guys so no I don't plan on using special teams unless one of them or both of them start to return punts or kicks.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Philly uses Perry as their Kickoff returner, and they use Westbrooke as their punt returner and I don't see Baskett supplementing either of those guys so no I don't plan on using special teams unless one of them or both of them start to return punts or kicks.
    There is a lot more to special teams then the returner. To my knowledge they both play on special teams.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

There is a lot more to special teams then the returner. To my knowledge they both play on special teams.

Then Del keep track of it yourself and post the results, I just said that I wasn't going to.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Basically in a nutshell this thread will proove nothing.

People have opinions that we should not have traded him, we did. No one will ever know what he could have done here.

Even if Hank Baskett explodes in Philly there is no telling he would have been good here.

It is merely people saying they do not like it. You cannot prove them wrong with stats. Especially limited stats that do not into account the total impact they may have on their teams.

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Then Del keep track of it yourself and post the results, I just said that I wasn't going to.
    Your the one bitching. I don't care. If your going to do it do it right or don't even bother.

Prophet Guest

There really isn't a way to prove anything.
    At the end of their careers you can look at the numbers and say one was more productive than the other in some statistic or the other.
    We still have to debate this, just because it is our duty as members of PP.O.

Given the choice in a myopic point of view I would take the guy with potential compared to the guy that hasn't done much.
    But, since I don't know the overall plan of attack for the Vikings, other than our presumptions and what the media feeds us and our upcoming observations, maybe McMuffin is the better choice for the team now.
    We will never know.

That being said, Baskett > McMuffin.
    ;D

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast