week 6
    Bye week

Totals
    5 passes thrown his way
    5 completions
    0 penalties

Baskett has caught 32% of passes thrown to him
    McMullen has caught 100% of the passes thrown to him

McMullen has done everything the Vikes have asked of him.

Baskett is getting more passes thrown to him because Phill's receiving corps has had major injuries, so is it McMullen's fault he doesn't get thrown to more?

Ah see now whack is manipulating the stats.

Lets keep this into perspective Whack how many of Basketts passes have been 30+ yards down field? Seriously there is a difference between Mcmullen running a 15 yard hook and Baskett screaming down the sideline.

Del get over Baskett and yourself!

7 receptions for 172 yards
    = 24.6 yard average

(1 was for 87 yards)
    Lets take that out and see what happens

6 recptions for 85 yards
    =
    14.17 yard average

McMullen

5 recptions for 69 yards
    =
    13.8 yard average

-
    = 0.37 yard differnce excluding his one long play he has!

(what is that 1 foot difference in average) :

OH MY GOD!
    stop the presses Baskett is the greatest receiver ever, if he can hang onto the ball (stone hands)!

Now I am manipulating the stats Del!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Baskett

week 1
    1 pass thrown his way
    0 receptions

week 2
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

week 3
    2 passes thrown his way
    1 reception

week 4
    4 passes thrown his way
    2 receptions

week 5
    6 passes thrown his way
    3 receptions

week 6
    8 passes thrown his way
    0 receptions
    2 offensive penalties on him

Totals
    22 passes thrown his way
    receptions

2 offensive penalties

McMullen

week 1
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

week 2
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

week 3
    2 passes thrown his way
    2 receptions

week 4
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

week 5
    0 passes thrown his way

week 6
    Bye week

Totals
    5 passes thrown his way
    5 completions
    0 penalties

Baskett has caught 32% of passes thrown to him
    McMullen has caught 100% of the passes thrown to him

McMullen has done everything the Vikes have asked of him.

Baskett is getting more passes thrown to him because Phill's receiving corps has had major injuries, so is it McMullen's fault he doesn't get thrown to more?

Ah see now whack is manipulating the stats.

Lets keep this into perspective Whack how many of Basketts passes have been 30+ yards down field? Seriously there is a difference between Mcmullen running a 15 yard hook and Baskett screaming down the sideline.

Del get over Baskett and yourself!

7 receptions for 172 yards
    = 24.6 yard average

(1 was for 87 yards)
    Lets take that out and see what happens

6 recptions for 85 yards
    =
    14.17 yard average

McMullen

5 recptions for 69 yards
    =
    13.8 yard average

-
    = 0.37 yard differnce excluding his one long play he has!

(what is that 1 foot difference in average) :

OH MY GOD!
    stop the presses Baskett is the greatest receiver ever, if he can hang onto the ball (stone hands)!

Now I am manipulating the stats Del!
    LOL I love it. Whack is so stubborn that even when the stats........the stats that he WANTED TO keep track of mind you.......are laid on the table he still can't admit defeat.

Sorry Whack a few first downs and a horrible route in the middle of the field to end a game winning drive for not getting out of bounds is not = or + then a TD.

You started this thread. I told you right off the bat that you can microanalyze the data. Who is the QB what is the situation, how is the o-line..........

NO NO NO I am just doing stats......yeah now that the stats are swaying away from Mcdingleberry here you are saying things like well he is only getting passed to because of injury.......

LMAO I love it.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

IMO it's really difficult to comapre the two so far because their roles are entirely different.
    Baskett is used as an almost every down WR.
    McMullen has been used as a posession WR.
    He's done his job.

At this point I would say Baskett is more valuable because he is being used almost every down and McMullen has a very limited role.
    As far as the stats are concerned I don't think it is fair to compare the two because their roles are so different.
    Let's just say at this point they are both doing what is asked.
    However, Baskett should get the notoriety of being more valuable because he is used more.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:
    Ironic, I looked at this thread a few weeks ago and could not believe that this trade would make that much of a difference. After watching the Philly game yesterday I can't believe how decent of receiver Baskett is. I don't even remember seeing McMullian take the field for the Purple. So kudos the to Eagles for stealing away talent and Shame on Childress for wanting to surround himself with mediocre players from his past.

8 passes thrown to him and he has no completions, how is that great talent?
    And he dropped 3 passes the week before, when Troy Williamson dropped 3 passes in a game he was called stone hands!
    But Baskett does it, and he is called a decent receiver!

Del this is why I posted the catches because people have this love affair with a undrafted free agent receiver that played for a division 2 small college that 32 teams passed on for 7 rounds of the draft and we signed as a undrafted FA.
    But the Vikes are idiots because we traded him for a 3rd year player that was taken in the 3rd round of the draft, but because of that Childress and the front office have no idea what they are doing and got duped in this trade.

According to this poster Childress should be hiding from shame for this trade after a game where Baskett was thrown to 8 times and had no receptions, but oh my god he is a great receiver!

Where is the logic?

McMullen has caught every pass thrown his way and has gotten some key 1st downs and kept some drives alive, but Haskett is just better!

Baskett would be the 4th or 5th receiver on the Viking's and would be getting as much playing time as McMullen.

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:
    Ironic, I looked at this thread a few weeks ago and could not believe that this trade would make that much of a difference. After watching the Philly game yesterday I can't believe how decent of receiver Baskett is. I don't even remember seeing McMullian take the field for the Purple. So kudos the to Eagles for stealing away talent and Shame on Childress for wanting to surround himself with mediocre players from his past.

And he dropped 3 passes the week before, when Troy Williamson dropped 3 passes in a game he was called stone hands!

Del this is why I posted the catches because people have this love affair with a undrafted free agent receiver that played for a division 2 small college that 32 teams passed on for 7 rounds of the draft and we signed as a undrafted FA.
    But the Vikes are idiots because we traded him for a 3rd year player that was taken in the 3rd round of the draft, but because of that Childress and the front office have no idea what they are doing and got duped in this trade.

According to this poster Childress should be hiding from shame for this trade after a game where Baskett was thrown to 8 times and had no receptions, but oh my god he is a great receiver!

Where is the logic?

McMullen has caught every pass thrown his way and has gotten some key 1st downs and kept some drives alive, but Haskett is just better!

Baskett would be the 4th or 5th receiver on the Viking's and would be getting as much playing time as McMullen.
    Your comparison to people calling Williamson is off base for that reason!

Williamson is a #1.
    We all acknowledge that we are discussing Baskett as a #4.

There is a difference.

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:

Where is the logic?

Williamson is a #1.

There is a difference.
    Del he is starting right now for Philly and currently is their number 2 receiver, and he is getting more balls thrown to him then Troy is!
    After his big week last week I think that the New Orleans D-coordinator put a good CB on him and gave some coverage help over the top and it shut down Baskett completely.

And if other teams do this, we will see how Baskett does!

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:

Where is the logic?

Williamson is a #1.

There is a difference.
    Del he is starting right now for Philly and currently is their number 2 receiver, and he is getting more balls thrown to him then Troy is!
    After his big week last week I think that the New Orleans D-coordinator put a good CB on him and gave some coverage help over the top and it shut down Baskett completely.

And if other teams do this, we will see how Baskett does!
    If what you said is true then that is even more of an impact! If Dcords are putting two on him that changes everything.

I understand he is playing at a #2 right now. We wanted him and expected him to be our #4 so that is how he has been addressed the entire time.

There is no victory in this argument only post counts +1

What D-coordinator doesn't take into a count the number 2 receiver on a team, so because the Igllies receivers are injured that gives him credit?

It shows that if he isn't going against the dime or nickle corner and if he is being covered by a good CB that he can be shut down, and that doesn't show that he is good!
    And he had to commit 2 penalties to try and stop interceptions!

How is that good?

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    What D-coordinator doesn't take into a count the number 2 receiver on a team, so because the Igllies receivers are injured that gives him credit?

It shows that if he isn't going against the dime or nickle corner and if he is being covered by a good CB that he can be shut down, and that doesn't show that he is good!

How is that good?
    Are we not talking about impact? The guy runs down the field stretching it and is given saftey help, how is that not more of an impact then catching a few passes? You don't think with his speed he could come in here and do the same?

I wont even bring up that all those dropped passes you keep quoting some of them were not even catchable balls. Too many factors which is why you said your sticking to the stats which Baskett is still leading on.

I think your fighting an uphill battle and few would agree at this point that they would want Mcmullen over Baskett.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

How is that good?
    Are we not talking about impact? The guy runs down the field stretching it and is given saftey help, how is that not more of an impact then catching a few passes? You don't think with his speed he could come in here and do the same?

I wont even bring up that all those dropped passes you keep quoting some of them were not even catchable balls. Too many factors which is why you said your sticking to the stats which Baskett is still leading on.

I think your fighting an uphill battle and few would agree at this point that they would want Mcmullen over Baskett.
    I would honestly like to see McMullen in more of a role to even compare the two.
    I think they are both doing their jobs but at this point Baskett has been more valuble.
    Only because of his role on his team.
    McMullen has been more of a posession WR and has done a good job.
    Baskett is more of an every down WR and has done decent from what I've seen.

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast