Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 440
  1. #111
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Baskett may have been going against a rookie but he is a rookie too, one that went undrafed. So make up as many excuses as you like, but the Baskett man just blew the lid of this son of a beeyatch.

    Billy Mcmullen will never catch up now.
    ;D

    Mountain West Conferences best WR, slips in the draft, and now he is catching TD passes for the Eagles. Kinda makes me want to shed a tear.


    I will say that he has had the best game so far, but you take out the 87 yard TD pass and he had 2 receptions for 25 yards, and he dropped 3 passes in the game.
    Yeah and if you take out his 3 dropped passes he has no dropped passes, he did what he did and that was rub his taint on Mcmullens face.

    serious aggression issues Del
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  2. #112
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    daaaang...maybe if we still had Baskett Vikes recieving problems would be over.
    That sucks.
    Maybe now that baskett is a eagle and Childress loves eagles players he will trade Williamson to get Baskett.
    That would be a happy day.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  3. #113
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "Billy" wrote:
    daaaang...maybe if we still had Baskett Vikes recieving problems would be over.

    That sucks.
    Maybe now that baskett is a eagle and Childress loves eagles players he will trade Williamson to get Baskett.
    That would be a happy day.
    He must have seen something in Baskett to begin with having snagged him up from his doomed future of NFL Europe lol. You have to admit though now that he has the eagle stench he probably does smell a bit better then he did before to BC! ;D

  4. #114
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Week 6 results

    Lets see as the season goes who does better and how bad this trade was because according to a lot of posters on here we traded away a future hall of famer for a nobody, so lets see as the season goes Baskett's rise to NFL legend.

    Week 1
    Baskett:
    (Played)

    0 Receptions
    0 Yards
    0 TD's
    McMullen:

    1 reception
    22 yards (big play got a crucial 1st down on scoring drive)

    Week 2
    Baskett

    1 reception 25 yards 0 TD's (1st down, but drive stalled and Philly punted)
    McMullen
    1 reception 17 yards 0 TD's (1st down, but drive stalled and Vikes punted)

    Totals:
    Baskett:
    1 reception 25 yards 0 TD's
    McMullen: 2 Receptions 39 yards 0 TD's

    So far pretty even, nothing major from either player!

    Week 3
    Baskett

    1 reception 8 yards 0 TD's (2nd and 25 drive stalled on next play fumble)
    McMullen
    2 receptions
    21 yards 0 TD's (1 reception was for 20 yards and a 1st down, it was on the 4th quarter drive that ended in a field goal that gave us a 16 to 12 lead)

    Totals
    Baskett:
    2 reception 33 yards 0 TD's
    McMullen: 4 Receptions 60 yards 0 TD's

    Pretty even both players are contributing but nothing spectacular so far.

    Week 4
    Baskett:

    2 receptions 27 yards 0 TD's
    (1st was a 5 yarder on 3rd and 6 they punted next play, the second was a 22 yarder for a 1st down on
    a 2nd and 10 but the drive stalled end of 1st half and Philly fake field goal failed)
    McMullen: 1 reception 9 yards 0 TD's

    Totals
    Baskett:
    4 receptions
    60 yards
    0 TD's
    McMullen: 5 receptions 69 yards
    0 TD's

    Baskett's best day so far.

    Week 5
    Baskett - 3 receptions, 112 yards, 1 TD
    (Baskett has break out day)
    McMullen - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TDs




    Totals:
    Baskett - 7 receptions, 172 yards, 1 TD
    McMullen - 5 receptions, 69 yards, 0 TDs


    Week 6
    Baskett
    0 receptions
    0 yards

    0 TD's
    McMullen

    Bye week

    Baskett goes from having his best week as a pro, to having his worst week as a pro!
    He had 8 passes thrown his way Sunday and didn't come down with a reception, and he had 2 penalties called against him 1 for offensive holding (declined) and 1 for offensive pass interference that was accepted (-10 yards for the week but I didn't count it).

    Totals:
    week 6
    Baskett - 7 receptions, 172 yards, 1 TD
    McMullen - 5 receptions, 69 yards, 0 TDs


    Week 7
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 8
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 9
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 10
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 11
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 12
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 13
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 14
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 15
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 16
    Baskett
    McMullen


    Week 17
    Baskett
    McMullen
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  5. #115
    ballhog27's Avatar
    ballhog27 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    113

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    Ironic, I looked at this thread a few weeks ago and could not believe that this trade would make that much of a difference. After watching the Philly game yesterday I can't believe how decent of receiver Baskett is. I don't even remember seeing McMullian take the field for the Purple. So kudos the to Eagles for stealing away talent and Shame on Childress for wanting to surround himself with mediocre players from his past.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

  6. #116
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "ballhog27" wrote:
    Ironic, I looked at this thread a few weeks ago and could not believe that this trade would make that much of a difference. After watching the Philly game yesterday I can't believe how decent of receiver Baskett is. I don't even remember seeing McMullian take the field for the Purple. So kudos the to Eagles for stealing away talent and Shame on Childress for wanting to surround himself with mediocre players from his past.

    8 passes thrown to him and he has no completions, how is that great talent?
    And he dropped 3 passes the week before, when Troy Williamson dropped 3 passes in a game he was called stone hands!
    But Baskett does it, and he is called a decent receiver!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  7. #117
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:
    Ironic, I looked at this thread a few weeks ago and could not believe that this trade would make that much of a difference. After watching the Philly game yesterday I can't believe how decent of receiver Baskett is. I don't even remember seeing McMullian take the field for the Purple. So kudos the to Eagles for stealing away talent and Shame on Childress for wanting to surround himself with mediocre players from his past.

    8 passes thrown to him and he has no completions, how is that great talent?
    And he dropped 3 passes the week before, when Troy Williamson dropped 3 passes in a game he was called stone hands!
    But Baskett does it, and he is called a decent receiver!
    I had a feeling you would twist it lol, I agree with the above poster the guy is looking good. Offensive PI was a bunk call and two of the passes intended for him he was interfered on, one at the goal line was BLATANT and uncalled. The announcers showed it clear as day, rasta dread lock man grabbed him and pulled him down because he was beat.

    At the end of the day what you stated for stats are the facts he was thrown to 8 times no catches. However we are talking about a #4 and I would mych rather have a #4 like Baskett the Mcdonalds anytime. At least so far.......the competition continues...

  8. #118
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    why do people always do that? they always wanna take away the big runs and make it look smaller? people did it with mike bennett, taking away his long runs and saying stuff like if it wasnt for the 60 yarder he would of just had 39 yards on the game. point is he got the yards and the stats dont take anything away. i dont see people taking away long passes from randy moss.

    my post is in reference to whacks post about mcmullens long td

  9. #119
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    Baskett

    week 1
    1 pass thrown his way
    0 receptions

    week 2
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 3
    2 passes thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 4
    4 passes thrown his way
    2 receptions

    week 5
    6 passes thrown his way
    3 receptions

    week 6
    8 passes thrown his way
    0 receptions
    2 offensive penalties on him




    Totals
    22 passes thrown his way
    7
    receptions

    2 offensive penalties





    McMullen

    week 1
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 2
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 3
    2 passes thrown his way
    2 receptions

    week 4
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 5
    0 passes thrown his way


    week 6
    Bye week

    Totals
    5 passes thrown his way
    5 completions
    0 penalties



    Baskett has caught 32% of passes thrown to him
    McMullen has caught 100% of the passes thrown to him


    McMullen has done everything the Vikes have asked of him.

    Baskett is getting more passes thrown to him because Phill's receiving corps has had major injuries, so is it McMullen's fault he doesn't get thrown to more?

    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #120
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Baskett & McMullen watch.

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Baskett

    week 1
    1 pass thrown his way
    0 receptions

    week 2
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 3
    2 passes thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 4
    4 passes thrown his way
    2 receptions

    week 5
    6 passes thrown his way
    3 receptions

    week 6
    8 passes thrown his way
    0 receptions
    2 offensive penalties on him




    Totals
    22 passes thrown his way
    7
    receptions

    2 offensive penalties





    McMullen

    week 1
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 2
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 3
    2 passes thrown his way
    2 receptions

    week 4
    1 pass thrown his way
    1 reception

    week 5
    0 passes thrown his way


    week 6
    Bye week

    Totals
    5 passes thrown his way
    5 completions
    0 penalties



    Baskett has caught 32% of passes thrown to him
    McMullen has caught 100% of the passes thrown to him


    McMullen has done everything the Vikes have asked of him.

    Baskett is getting more passes thrown to him because Phill's receiving corps has had major injuries, so is it McMullen's fault he doesn't get thrown to more?

    Ah see now whack is manipulating the stats.

    Lets keep this into perspective Whack how many of Basketts passes have been 30+ yards down field? Seriously there is a difference between Mcmullen running a 15 yard hook and Baskett screaming down the sideline.


Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Access Vikings:McMullen admits mistake
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 12:33 AM
  2. Bench Williamson, Travis Taylor, Start McMullen, Johnson
    By jmmcgorman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 05:17 PM
  3. Billy McMullen!
    By audioghost in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 08:13 AM
  4. Hank Baskett
    By VikingPatrick in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 12:37 PM
  5. Baskett, McMullen trade
    By vike_mike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 10:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •