Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Baltimore will be a tough nut to crack

I'm worried about the Christmas game, not because of what I saw from the Vikings today. They weren't focused today at all. They may have bee pumped up, but they damn sure weren't focused.

Anyway the Ravens may have a crappy record, but it's deceiving. For one thing, they play in a division with Pittsburgh and Cincy, two very good teams. They have also played Indy, Jacksonville, and Denver...and they almost came out of Denver with a win. Their defense, even with some key players injured, has still remained a top 10 defense all year. In fact, their whole team is one of the most banged up teams this year by far.

Also, they have won most of their home games so far this year. The only ones they've lost were against much better teams. Baltimore is a tough place to play. I live here right now and I know the fans. It's a football city, and they don't care if the team isn't in playoff contention. They will be loud and the weather will be cold, two things that don't bode well for the Vikings when they play on the road.

So I hope nobody is looking ahead to Chicago because I think we'll have our hands full this weekend.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Prophet Guest

Re: Baltimore will be a tough nut to crack

No doubt, the game will be tough. The Ravens are a sleeper team with plenty of potential. They have had a smash-mouth team for a while and will be ready to do some damage. The Vikes are already circling the drain and are in a must-win situation for sure. On the other hand, they barely beat the Texans and Jamal Lewis has done nothing this year and Chester Taylor falls into the mediocre RB category just like our RBs. The good thing is their offense is pretty anemic too, have put up more than 19 pts only once this year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

They CAN'T look past the Ravens...if they do, the game against Chicago won't matter!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'm going to that game, and if they lose it on Christmas Day I will go into a depression like you would not believe!

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I expect us to win that game. I think we are a better team. We are also a team that needs to be able to rebound to be successful. I expect Travis Taylor to have a big game its homecoming for him

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

good to see we are alreayd shaking off the lose. we have to look at the ravens and only the ravens until we play and beat them.
    We're bringing purple back.

sweetness34 is offline Rookie

The ravens beat the steelers in Baltimore. This will be a tough game.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Two good defenses against two...not good offenses. It should be a great, low scoring game. however, us being backed against the wall and needing it to stay alive, i think we'll take it.
    ;-)

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

no ray lewis will be a plus for our O...but i hope the vikes will focus and get that W...

peace...
    peace...

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah, I know it's the Packers and all, but holy crap did they put a smack down last night. BJ needs to be careful with the ball or that secondary will have a field day once again. And as for their crappy offense, I think our D will do better than Green Bay's, but we have had trouble all year long defending tight ends who go deep middle, and Heap could be a huge problem for our LBs.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast