Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Baldinger "The Best RB in the NFL in Adrian Peterson"

Looks like he might be right.
    AD has breathtaking talent, we knew that, but this game is one for the ages.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Well after 7 Games without him in the backfield at OU....Soonernation can tell you what a force he was here, it looks like we dont know how to run the ball, He was a machine for us. He made it look like the offensive coordinator knew something, in fact one OC went on to head coach elsewhere when in reality it was AD making them look good. Adrian does that, he is so good, he makes everyone around him more effective

Now if the Vikes coaching staff could just figure it out, He IS the REALDEAL now feature him and utilize the force that is AD.....HE will make them look smart. OK OK thats a stretch ....I KID, I KID
    Hmmmmm.

:

I for one think he is being very productive in this system and the coaches are using him almost to perfection.

How would you use him different?
    You can say he is being productive, or even very productive, but almost to perfection is a big stretch and you know it
    Do you still think that after you've watched the game?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"tb04512" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Well after 7 Games without him in the backfield at OU....Soonernation can tell you what a force he was here, it looks like we dont know how to run the ball, He was a machine for us. He made it look like the offensive coordinator knew something, in fact one OC went on to head coach elsewhere when in reality it was AD making them look good. Adrian does that, he is so good, he makes everyone around him more effective

Now if the Vikes coaching staff could just figure it out, He IS the REALDEAL now feature him and utilize the force that is AD.....HE will make them look smart. OK OK thats a stretch ....I KID, I KID
    Hmmmmm.

:

I for one think he is being very productive in this system and the coaches are using him almost to perfection.

How would you use him different?
    make him touch the ball at least 25 times a game
    Naw, 20 is enough.
    Don't want to wear him out this early in the season.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"NordicNed" wrote:

I said from day one, he was the true steal of the draft, yes, even at number 7.

AD should have easily gone # 1 or # 2........Thank God for his gift of having AD at #7 still, when we came up to pick.

;D

He will be the best back in the league in a very short period of time.

Yes, I think he will even be a better back than LT, and thats saying alot.

Still some things can be done Marr...

First, we shouldn't be playing AD on speical teams situations......No need to risk injury there.

We need to get him more involved in passing plays.

We need to let him get his 30 carrys a game........He can handle it.

Do all this, and we should work on perfecting some play action passing plays, ones that AD has to be involved in...........

Our coaches need to recognize, just how talented a player he is, and use him for what he is best at, running and catching.........

If you think Westbrook is a good player,
    AD will put him to shame......Just my take.
    He might be able to handle 30 carries a game but if things click like they could have today, he wouldn't have had to touch it 20 times.

Also, I guess I need to do a bit of research on the difference between a Kickoff Return and a Punt Return.
    I don't know the results but I bet you will find that most injuries happend on the later.

The guy returning on Kickoffs has alot more time to survey the field, pick a lane and then run, even more than he does when he is just running out of the backfield.

A punt returner, now that is a different story.

Anyways, we need to amke sure that AD can contribute whenever and however we can.
    In this case I think a Rookie RB that can make playes like he can is a good fit on Kickoffs.
    Now if they try it on Punts then I'm with ya.

"singersp" wrote:
    Why is it when a game related article or video is not posted in the Pre-game articles thread where it belongs, it gets a bunch of replies, yet when some great articles get posted in the Pre-game articles thread where they do belong, they don't even get read, muchless replied to?
    :-\

I could take 1 article out of there that hasn't had any replies, start a new thread with it & it would be multiple pages long in no time.
    I not only read them all but I reply to some of them my friend.
    Just not all of em.
    ;D

"Blood" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

AD should have easily gone # 1 or # 2........Thank God for his gift of having AD at #7 still, when we came up to pick.

;D

He will be the best back in the league in a very short period of time.

Yes, I think he will even be a better back than LT, and thats saying alot.

Still some things can be done Marr...

First, we shouldn't be playing AD on speical teams situations......No need to risk injury there.

We need to get him more involved in passing plays.

We need to let him get his 30 carrys a game........He can handle it.

Do all this, and we should work on perfecting some play action passing plays, ones that AD has to be involved in...........

Our coaches need to recognize, just how talented a player he is, and use him for what he is best at, running and catching.........

If you think Westbrook is a good player,
    AD will put him to shame......Just my take.
    I agree 100%, this gut is the real deal. All that natural talent and the attitude to boot! Now if we can just get a NFL quality quarteback, a couple more quality recievers and a DB or two and we will be able to compete for a SB.
    They are there already.
    They are just a bit slower at producing.

I am sure you know how easy it is for a RB to transition to the pro game as apposed to a WR and QB.
    I thought the young guys did good today all the way across the board.

Every game they will get better.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

This guy had balls saying that, but AD backed him up.

LT did have 198 yds and 4 TDs though, so we'll have to see how they do head to head on Nov. 4th.
    I'm going to save my smack talking to all the Chargers fans and hope we shut down LT and run it down their throat.
    Assuming their D is off the roids, AD may just have a big game in the dome.

I honestly want to thank Odin, the ALLFATHER for A.P. Also, I want to thank Matt Millen For his idiotic ineptitude. Thank you Matt for passing on A.P. 6.3 yards per carry and 607 rushing yards! in 5 games. Honestly, how lame do you guys think Cleveland and Detroit and arizona feel right now? The guy is ELECTRIC! Also, How lame do you think Jimmy(i'm a)Johnson feels right now? He said, and I quote, " Griese should have a comfortable win over the Vikings." SKOL 'VIKES!
    Tuco the world.....

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

LT must have heard these comments (from Baldy) and decided he was going to step it up this week and get his name back in the ring.

AD AP is a awesome!

Ranger is offline Coach

While Peterson is a phenominal talent, I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves when proclaiming him the best running back in football.
    Tomlinson is more polished at this time, and has a significantly more time proven body of work on his resume.

Peterson has the talent to become as good as Tomlinson, perhaps better, but right now I still feel LT is the best back in the NFL.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast