Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    chubchub is offline Rookie

Bad Vike memories

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kramer9guy

While I do have good Viking memories, some really bad ones stick out in my mind. Living in the southwest, I finally had a chance to see the Vikes last year...at Arizona. The first game I had seen live in over 20 years. I have to say, it was a less than joyful experience. Some other bad memories include:

Jan. 17, 1988 NFC Championship Game: Darrin Nelson drops a pass at the goal line on fourth-and-4 from the Redskins' 6-yard-line with 52 seconds to play in a 17-10 loss to Washington.

Jan. 17, 1999 NFC Championship Game: With the Vikings leading 27-20, Gary Anderson misses a 37-yard field-goal attempt with 6:07 remaining against Atlanta -- his first miss of the season. The Falcons go on to score the tying touchdown and beat the Vikings 30-27 in overtime.

Jan. 14, 2001 NFC Championship Game: The heavily favored Vikings commit five turnovers and are outgained 518 yards to 114 and outscored 34-0 in the first half of a stunning 41-0 loss to the New York Giants.

Curse anyone?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">The thing that annoyed me the most about the Redskin game was that Darrell Green said in the interview after the game that he knocked the ball out of Nelson's hands-but the ball was already on the ground when Green got there!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Bad Vike memories

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kramer9guy

While I do have good Viking memories, some really bad ones stick out in my mind. Living in the southwest, I finally had a chance to see the Vikes last year...at Arizona. The first game I had seen live in over 20 years. I have to say, it was a less than joyful experience. Some other bad memories include:

Jan. 17, 1988 NFC Championship Game: Darrin Nelson drops a pass at the goal line on fourth-and-4 from the Redskins' 6-yard-line with 52 seconds to play in a 17-10 loss to Washington.

Jan. 17, 1999 NFC Championship Game: With the Vikings leading 27-20, Gary Anderson misses a 37-yard field-goal attempt with 6:07 remaining against Atlanta -- his first miss of the season. The Falcons go on to score the tying touchdown and beat the Vikings 30-27 in overtime.

Jan. 14, 2001 NFC Championship Game: The heavily favored Vikings commit five turnovers and are outgained 518 yards to 114 and outscored 34-0 in the first half of a stunning 41-0 loss to the New York Giants.

Curse anyone?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ask the eagles, three straight and counting nfc championchip games they lost. IF anything defines modern chokers its the eagles right now. They have very good teams these past bunch of years with a good coach and cant get to the big game. I think this past year was their best chance to make it to the big game.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Bad Vike memories

Yep have to go with the Giants game. Prior to then we'd booked flights to Minny hoping that we'd have secured homefield for the playoffs and that we'd get tickets if the NFCC was at the Dome. Of course we didn't and so we did like many and went to the Original Sports Bar at the MoA.
    In the entire gathering there I only saw one Giants fans, who of course was having a field day with the game. Props to the guy though for enjoying himself amongst the 'enemy', he wasn't obnoxious but not exactly what you want to hear when all is not going well...
    The Cardinals game was a close second with my wife and me listening to the online audio commentary - I think she was more gutted about it than I was, then again I just put it down to yet another moment of Vikes history....good and bad

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Claiborne55

Losing to the Falcons and the Giants in the NFC Championship games was pretty terrible.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

zitch is offline Waterboy

Bad Vike memories

It would have to be the Cards game. I was so upset, I ripped off my shirt, threw it in the garbage. I was screaming so loud my dogs pi$$ed all over the floor & hid under the bed all night. My daughter ran to the neighbors & my wife wouldn't say a word all night. Then the worst, I had to face everyone at work the next day.

Bleedspurple is offline Rookie

Bad Vike memories

Worst Vikings games ever for me:

1) '99 Championship Game...I was there....was there ever a more heartbreaking game?? Honestly....if there was ever a year wasnt that it?

2) The Antonio Freeman pass that bounced off the leg of the ground almost in the rain at Lambeau and he ran it in for the TD and the win.

3) Redskins game '87.

4) How bout the Bears beating us in the Dome in 93 or 94 wasnt it?

and for the worst game this year was not the Arizona game but the San Diego game. I was there and we got absolutely SQUASHED on every single play. I mean 42-28 by the F$%KING Chargers?

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Bad Vike memories

I guess I would have to say the Giants game... the Card game was a huge dissappointment, but I actually cried when I watched the team fall apart that badly... we didn't only lose but we got our butts handed to us... very depressing day

bennett23 is offline Waterboy

Bad Vike memories

1.Cards.
    2.Giants,Atlanta
    Million

loudog is offline Training Camp

Bad Vike memories

The Atlanta game in 1999 and the Cards last year. They both had me sadder than ever. I'm good at controlling emotions and never get too upset about much, but man, that friggin hurt watching those games. After the Atlanta loss, I just started walking and then I remembered that I had beer back at the frat house. So I turned around after I got about 3 blocks away. After the Cards game, I yelled forever and beat the hell out of my recliner.
    What s the use of autonomy when a button does it all?

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Bad Vike memories

With out a doubt Atlanta in 1999. I ran down the stairs slipped and broke 2 ribs;
    We had that game locked up.
    The Cards game was pretty sad just sat there in shock.
    On the bright side 2005 Super Bowl Champs!!!
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Bad Vike memories

The atlanta game... Packer fans called me rubbing it in... The cards game hurt real bad... I wouldnt answer the phone as Packer fans and Lion fans were calling. Horrible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12