Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad Vike memories

While I do have good Viking memories, some really bad ones stick out in my mind. Living in the southwest, I finally had a chance to see the Vikes last year...at Arizona. The first game I had seen live in over 20 years. I have to say, it was a less than joyful experience. Some other bad memories include:

Jan. 17, 1988 NFC Championship Game: Darrin Nelson drops a pass at the goal line on fourth-and-4 from the Redskins' 6-yard-line with 52 seconds to play in a 17-10 loss to Washington.

Jan. 17, 1999 NFC Championship Game: With the Vikings leading 27-20, Gary Anderson misses a 37-yard field-goal attempt with 6:07 remaining against Atlanta -- his first miss of the season. The Falcons go on to score the tying touchdown and beat the Vikings 30-27 in overtime.

Jan. 14, 2001 NFC Championship Game: The heavily favored Vikings commit five turnovers and are outgained 518 yards to 114 and outscored 34-0 in the first half of a stunning 41-0 loss to the New York Giants.

Curse anyone?
    Even babies know the difference.

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Bad Vike memories

Have to go with the 99 NFC chapionship game. But I would'nt put it on Gary Anderson. I would put that one on the coaching. We were killing them in the first half ! And then enter Prevent D and we all know all that will do is prevent you from WINING ! I was there I have never heard it that quite in the Dome before or since. My 5 hour drive home felt like 10 ![V]
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Bad Vike memories

Cards game.............that one beat everything for me except the 98' NFC championship.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Bad Vike memories

The cards game for me. with the 99,2001 NFC championships close seconds......we vikings fans have suffered alot of heartache ...It will be just that much more sweet when we win.

mosstified is offline Waterboy

Bad Vike memories

Well, the Giants game was terrible for me (as I was there), but the Arizona game seemed beyond belief for me. I literally cried my eyes out for three hours. It was horrible! Then well the PACKERS won that following Sunday, I cried again. I know I have no life. By the way, I am a female.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Bad Vike memories

I used to live with a Falcons fan, the week after that was terrible! The wenesday defore the Superbowl he was stutting around doing the dirtybird and i knocked him over and he broke his leg, He was really pi$$ed. And ontop of it all, he lost a $50 bet when the Falcons lost. Good (and bad) memmories.

snausages is offline Training Camp

Bad Vike memories

I don't have many bad Viking memories. They'll pull a win out of their ass every once in a while against the Pack- that's to be expected. Usually they suck: nothing wrong with that.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Bad Vike memories

My worst memory was when Rodger "the dodger" Satbuck was running for his life as time was running out in the NFC championship game and he threw the game winning pass. Man I do hate Dallas!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

chubchub is offline Rookie

Bad Vike memories

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dan3ski

My worst memory was when Rodger "the dodger" Satbuck was running for his life as time was running out in the NFC championship game and he threw the game winning pass. Man I do hate Dallas!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">If you watch the replay-the Dallas receiver pushed off-and I remember getting excited when they threw the flag-offensive pass interference. But they called it against the Vikes and we lost.

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Bad Vike memories

Losing to the Falcons and the Giants in the NFC Championship games was pretty terrible. The Cards game last year though was the worst for a number of reasons. Number one, we started out that season so good, I was 100% sure they'd at least make the playoffs. Number two, it allowed the Packers to make the playoffs. It wouldn't of been so bad if it would of been some other team. Number three, it completed a season in which we beat some of the better teams in the league(Chiefs, Seahawks, Broncos) and lost to probably all the worst(Cards, Raiders, Chargers, Giants, Bears).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast