Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: From Bad to Norse

I personally like the new uni's.. I think it was about Wilf doing his own image as the owner versus trying to change tradition. We needed something different, and that is exactly what we got. I don't look down on anyone if they don't like them. Different people have different styles, that is called opinion. I like them, some may not, but it doesn't make them any less of a Viking fan then I am..

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

i like them and can't wait to see them in action. maybe its an hdtv effect thing!!!!!

but in the end, will it matter when were hoisting the lombardi trophy while wearing these babies????

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    It's simple with me...WHEN we win the Super Bowl, I will buy a new jersey...Wilf needs to make it worth my while before I will give him money.
    Just curious Cajun, are you saying that you have never owned a Vikings jersey before, or are you just applying this "worth my while" standard to the new ones? :wink:

Personally I would probably buy one even if I hated it (which I don't). I think I would feel funny, almost disloyal, if I stopped supporting my team in a way that I had my whole life just because they changed their look. I am not making insinuations about anybody else, I am just stating how I would feel.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Maybe I am just blind with passion, but I like them a lot. Hell, put a pickle barrel around our guys and I'll like that too.

Too many people are caught-up in "looks"...I could care less. We start beating that azz them unis will look slicker than 2 eels screwing!

"Json" wrote:
    Oh yeah, I will buy one of the jerseys and wear it with pride. Thats what true fans do.
    People who label others as "true fans" do not belong here.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i like the helmet change.. but idk, the uniforms will grow on us all, i loved the traditional ones since they really havnt changed much over the years

but then again, we've never had an owner like wilf

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"SKOL" wrote:
    The article had the first side by side comparision of the old and new helmets that I've seen.

I like the new horns!!!!!!!!

Hate the uni's, they have not grown on me at all and I like the practice jerseys more!

The thing on the back shoulder is ridiculous, and should never been allowed to be there!

The white on the sides of the purple jersey's is to big and should be about 3/4 of the size it is!

And they should have left the color the same as the old ones!

If they are going to have black shoes they should have black socks and not white socks especial when the are wearing the road pants with white jersey.

I like a lot of the things that Ziggy has done so far but this is not one of them!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

It was time for a change, and I am thrilled that the franchise finally changed the uniforms.

For those of you who are upset about losing the traditional or classic look...How did you feel when the players went from wearing sweaters to mesh nylon jerseys? Or when the players went from wearing leather "hats" to wearing more protective helmets? Or when the players started to adopt the new passing offense, rather than just run the ball every down?

I love the Vikings but the old uniforms were plain boring. I would even be willing to bet that our young players had thoughts in the back of their minds about how goofy they looked. I said this before but, Nobody wears bell bottoms or leisure suits anymore, styles change and this is what happens in regards to changing styles in sports.

I must also agree that the article is completely bias. The writer clearly was writing from personal opinion, which may have been the intention, but if one is posting that article as some sort of proof then the fact that it in itself is opinion really makes it null.

[size=18px]EVERYBODY IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION.[/size]

KorenWhiskey is offline Training Camp

If You look at the whole side view, it looks like the horn from shoulder to pants. I Like them. And for those that don't like them, it could be worse: They could be Orange and Brown like Cleveland. Nobody could make those look good

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"KorenWhiskey" wrote:
    If You look at the whole side view, it looks like the horn from shoulder to pants. I Like them. And for those that don't like them, it could be worse: They could be Orange and Brown like Cleveland. Nobody could make those look good
    Yep. I believe that was the intention. The horn shape is prevelant in several places on the uniform, including the side view and the way the stripe converges in the back.

I think it is a great design. Of course, nothing could beat PurplePumpkin's designs (seriously, those were awesome), but I still like 'em.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i love the new uniforms, and whoever doesnt can eat poop
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast