Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: From Bad to Norse

"V-Unit" wrote:
    That is sad to hear considering that you were so excited about them. I liked your designs a lot, and your final ones ended up closely resembling the actual jerseys, which I also like.

Did you like the ones which you made? If so, what don't you like about the new jerseys? I hope they new uniforms will grow on you over time. The old ones already look bland and outdated compared to the new style.
    Honestly I feel bad for not liking them. I think back to what Zigi said,"subtle change" Theres nothing subtle about it! Its just to over the top. I'm sure in time they will grow on me.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

It always takes time for new things to grow on people. change is hard.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that you didn't like them PP. But to be honest, I love them. And from the various polls I have seen (not just here, but through out the community) the majority of the fans like or love them too.

The bad to norse article is hardly one of authority. For a so-called “uniform watch” site, he seemed pretty uninformed.

"BadToNorse" wrote:
    The big surprise is that there has been a small modification to the helmet, where the horns now have a bit of accent shading and have been slightly repositioned.
    Big surprise? This wasn't a surprise at all. In fact, this was the first thing revealed by Zygi, several weeks before the actual jersey was shown. And it was up on Vikings.com for about two weeks prior as well. Maybe he should have done his homework...

Another sad point is that the majority of those pictures are from the flicker site, which, BTW, is where Mr CoD posts his mini camp pics. I recognized at least two pictures directly from CoD's site. Pretty pathetic when a columnist can't even get his own pictures when complaining about a uniform. Proves that he has never seen them in person. (I have, and think the pics don't do them justice at all)

He couldn't even get the part about the annoying color right. While clearly a slam against the color purple, in his article he links to a shade of purple that is not even close to the Vikings uniforms. Come one man, at least pu some effort into your complaining. I put effort into reading it.

All in all, if anybody is using this article as part of their decision to not like the new uniforms, I am sad to say that the article was badly written and with bias.

Skol.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

The article had the first side by side comparision of the old and new helmets that I've seen.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

"SKOL" wrote:
    The article had the first side by side comparision of the old and new helmets that I've seen.
    The helmet change is kick@ss!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    I disagree with both of you. I personally like them. People are always critical of change but I'm all for it. Now I know the jerseys are not going to win us a super bowl but the Vikings have sported the same look for a long time and have no rings to show. I just think it's another page in Vikings history and hopefully it's for the best.

Oh yeah, I will buy one of the jerseys and wear it with pride. Thats what true fans do.

Uh oh, I sense another "true fans" debate coming!
    No, we aren't talking about true fans, we are talking about true consumers.

Let's not get the two labels confused.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    True, but I keep going back and forth.

One day I like them the next I don't.

I like the helmet, it was a slight change that works. This is something that I can say with confidence.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    True, but I keep going back and forth.

One day I like them the next I don't.

I like the helmet, it was a slight change that works. This is something that I can say with confidence.
    I think once people see the uniforms on the field, they will gain in popularity. Especially when we are winning!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"josdin00" wrote:
    . The front view looks fine. The back is fine except where the yellow piping meets, and that doesn't bother me too much. I don't like the view directly from the side, but since you don't see that view all that much during a game, I don't think that will bother me too much, either. I think the only think that will keep bugging me about them, at least for a while, is the slightly rounded corners on the numbers. I'd prefer a hard edge to the numbers. Overall, they look better than I expected, and while they didn't really need to be changed, I do like the "whole new team" mentality that is eminating from the Vikings organization.
    These are the things that bother me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It's simple with me...WHEN we win the Super Bowl, I will buy a new jersey...Wilf needs to make it worth my while before I will give him money.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast