Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

From Bad to Norse

I was really looking forward to the new uniforms... When they reveiled them I was disapointed, but I figured that they'll grow on me. Honestly the more I see them the more I hate them. They threw tradition right out the window. Reebok has no talented designers in my opinion...Shameful and pathetic!

I really dont feel like I have the right to complain since I did alot of stupid designs myself, but I cant help it I just think there ugly. I read this ,From Bad to Norse http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/060511 I couldnt agree more!

I love the Vikings and always will! I hope they make money with the new uniforms, But I will not buy one unless its for a buck at a garage sale! I might change my mind if we won the SB!

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: From Bad to Norse

I completely agree with you PurplePumpkin. I thought they looked hideous when I first saw them and now they pretty much look the same. I thought the article was dead on when it said that the Vikings organization fixed something that didn't have to fixed.

Thanks Josdin

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Can someone please copy and paste the article? Thanks.

I agree we shouldn't have changed the uni's but I don't mind what they look like.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Json is offline GM

I disagree with both of you. I personally like them. People are always critical of change but I'm all for it. Now I know the jerseys are not going to win us a super bowl but the Vikings have sported the same look for a long time and have no rings to show. I just think it's another page in Vikings history and hopefully it's for the best.

Oh yeah, I will buy one of the jerseys and wear it with pride. Thats what true fans do.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

That is sad to hear considering that you were so excited about them. I liked your designs a lot, and your final ones ended up closely resembling the actual jerseys, which I also like.

Did you like the ones which you made? If so, what don't you like about the new jerseys? I hope they new uniforms will grow on you over time. The old ones already look bland and outdated compared to the new style.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Can someone please copy and paste the article? Thanks.

I agree we shouldn't have changed the uni's but I don't mind what they look like.
    From Bad to Norse
    By now you've probably seen the Vikings' crummy new uniforms, which were unveiled just after Uni Watch's last column was posted. They don't look so bad from the front, but the same can't be said for the back and sides, which are a chaotic jumble. For the full Arena League-esque effect, go to this link and move your cursor over the photograph to make the image rotate. (You also can see a video of the unveiling ceremony here.)

As you might expect, Uni Watch has a few observations regarding some of the design's smaller details:

• The same socks are being used with both pairs of pants, which means the road pants will have the dreaded leotard effect.

• What's the deal with the rounded corners on the uni numbers?

• On the plus side, the team is switching to black shoes.

• The big surprise is that there has been a small modification to the helmet, where the horns now have a bit of accent shading and have been slightly repositioned. Here's an old-vs.-new comparison.

• Several readers have suggested that the horned "V" on the jersey's chest wordmark might have been influenced by -- or even stolen from -- the University of South Florida logo. That's a good conspiracy theory, but in this case, the Vikes are blameless: They staked their claim to the horned letter long before USF did.

All in all, it's a textbook case of fixing something that wasn't broken. But let's say this for the Vikes: Between the jersey side panels, the pants piping, the truncated collar, the rear nameplate logo, the leotard socks, the number font and the unnecessary helmet change, they've provided so much fodder for ridicule that Uni Watch doesn't even have to mention a certain very annoying color.

There you bro.

Thanks Josdin

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Json" wrote:
    I disagree with both of you. I personally like them. People are always critical of change but I'm all for it. Now I know the jerseys are not going to win us a super bowl but the Vikings have sported the same look for a long time and have no rings to show. I just think it's another page in Vikings history and hopefully it's for the best.

Oh yeah, I will buy one of the jerseys and wear it with pride. Thats what true fans do.

Uh oh, I sense another "true fans" debate coming!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

You got that right VKG. I'm tired of the 'true fan' debate. Some people think you have to blindly love everything the Vikings do and all the players that are Vikings to truely become a true fan. uke:

Thanks Josdin

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

That "true fan" stuff is garbage. Let's end it there.

P.Pumkin ... I thought you had some really good designs and when you refined it down to the final one, I liked it alot. It was new, but kept up the tradition of the "classic" uniforms in the Norse division.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    A true fan wouldn't say that.

Okay, now that that debate is over, let's get back to the jerseys. For the most part, I like them. The front view looks fine. The back is fine except where the yellow piping meets, and that doesn't bother me too much. I don't like the view directly from the side, but since you don't see that view all that much during a game, I don't think that will bother me too much, either. I think the only think that will keep bugging me about them, at least for a while, is the slightly rounded corners on the numbers. I'd prefer a hard edge to the numbers. Overall, they look better than I expected, and while they didn't really need to be changed, I do like the "whole new team" mentality that is eminating from the Vikings organization.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast