Thread: BAD NEWS!!!

Semperfi Vike is offline Rookie

BAD NEWS!!!

I read this at vikings.theinsiders.com

The news on Jim Kleinsasser continues to be discouraging. At first thought to be a day-to-day injury, Kleinsasser's ACL strain was downgraded earlier in the week to hint he might miss up to a month. Wednesday Mike Tice confirmed that potential season-ending knee surgery is now an option. It's not one the Vikings want to take, and Kleinsasser might try to play through the pain, but it's looking more likely that his knee injury could be much more serious than originally thought.

This could really hurt us if Wiggins is not what we hoped

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

BAD NEWS!!!

Last night on the radio Tice said that they wanted to let him rest for a week and reavaluate the knee at that point. He seemed to think that Jimmy would be back.

I think it is a wait and see situation, could go both ways. I am hoping that he can come back in 4 weeks "he isa tough guy" and has played through a lot of injuries that would have had other players on the sidelines.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

BAD NEWS!!!

Wiggins and Kleinsasser are completely different players. Kleinsasser is a monster blocker that really makes the running game go, and provides great blocking on blitzing outside LBs and helping out on those tough DEs. Wiggins is more of a "receiving" TE whose blocking skills aren't bad, but not anywhere close to those of Kleinsasser's.

One of the rooks may have to grow up in a hurry.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Foreman44 is offline Starter

BAD NEWS!!!

Or a big trade should not be considered out of the question if Sasser is gone for the season.
    Could you imagine Tony Gonzalez in purple?
    Of course, the Chiefs would never part with his likes

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

BAD NEWS!!!

This is not good. I'm a lot less confident in our offense without Jimmy against a team like the Eagles. If it was against a crappy team I wouldn't be as worried but we are gonna miss him on Monday Night.

Injuries sure are killing us already this year.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Del Rio Guest

BAD NEWS!!!

Q: Does not having Jimmy [Kleinsasser] because of his versatiliy, change a lot in you offense?

A: No. we're going to move forward. We're probably going to take the tight end screens out. We always try to run one or two tight end screens and check downs for Jimmy. In fact we opened the game the other day with tight end screen. It was not executed very well. But that was actually a tight end screen we opened the game with. We'll probably take those types of plays out. But we drafted Jeff Dugan for this reason. What reason is that? To be the point of attack blocker in case something happens to Jimmy Kleinsasser. So it turns out to be an excellent draft pick. We're fine with Jeff. We're fine with Owens. I call him Jesse Owens, but Richard Owens. We're fine with those young guys because a couple weeks ago we felt we were going to keep all the young guys. So now they have to grow up quickly. Owens has a game under his belt where Dugan doesn't. Dugan is from the east coast. He'll have extra incentive to go back and play well. He'll probably have his mom and dad at the game. So that's good stuff too. We like our tight ends. We like all of them.

BAD NEWS!!!

Man I am just sorry for Jim I hope he gets well soon and elects the right manor to ensure he recovers fully if it means sugrey Do it and be ready at the end of the year of next year don't distroy the body and jepordize more year of ball for one MAYBE....
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

BAD NEWS!!!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Q: Does not having Jimmy [Kleinsasser] because of his versatiliy, change a lot in you offense?

A: No. we're going to move forward. We're probably going to take the tight end screens out. We always try to run one or two tight end screens and check downs for Jimmy. In fact we opened the game the other day with tight end screen. It was not executed very well. But that was actually a tight end screen we opened the game with. We'll probably take those types of plays out. But we drafted Jeff Dugan for this reason. What reason is that? To be the point of attack blocker in case something happens to Jimmy Kleinsasser. So it turns out to be an excellent draft pick. We're fine with Jeff. We're fine with Owens. I call him Jesse Owens, but Richard Owens. We're fine with those young guys because a couple weeks ago we felt we were going to keep all the young guys. So now they have to grow up quickly. Owens has a game under his belt where Dugan doesn't. Dugan is from the east coast. He'll have extra incentive to go back and play well. He'll probably have his mom and dad at the game. So that's good stuff too. We like our tight ends. We like all of them.
    Well time for Dugan to show what he's got!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

BAD NEWS!!!

Moe williams is out for Mondays game to.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi