NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Bad games could get the “worst” of the replacements

Bad games could get the “worst” of the replacements | ProFootballTalk

On Tuesday, the NFL acknowledged during a meeting with various NBC personnel that the best of the replacement officials will be used for the highest profile Week One games, starting tonight in New Jersey.

Implicit in this plan is the reality that the lesser games will get the crews deemed to be less than the best crews.
    This, IMHO is a problem for us. The Vikings-Jags matchup in week 1 isn't exactly the highest profile game on the week... Be prepared for shitty refs.

It isn't a question of whether or not there will be bad calls - there will be. The question is will the calls be in our favor, the Jags' favor, or both...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I have a feeling the vikings are going to be in a lot of "lesser games" this season

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Bad games could get the “worst” of the replacements

Maybe we will get a couple wins out of it lol

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Maybe we will get a couple wins out of it lol
    I cannot recall the Vikings ever getting the better of a poorly called game. Wait, there was one game a few years ago. One against a dozen major official bungles, including two or three NFCC games, is not great.

The Twins almost always get the short end of umpire calls against the Yankees too.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I cannot recall the Vikings ever getting the better of a poorly called game. Wait, there was one game a few years ago. One against a dozen major official bungles, including two or three NFCC games, is not great.

The Twins almost always get the short end of umpire calls against the Yankees too.
    I get a kick out of people. We bitch about the OLD refs constantly. Did you enjoy the crew in the Saints championship game where they robbed the Vikings in every call from the 4th quarter on? I kinda like these new younger refs. I think they keep up with the game better and after some experience will be better than them old fuksticks. Let those bums sit and go with a youth movement.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Wait, there was one game a few years ago. One against a dozen major official bungles, including two or three NFCC games, is not great.
    I get a kick out of people. We bitch about the OLD refs constantly. Did you enjoy the crew in the Saints championship game where they robbed the Vikings in every call from the 4th quarter on?
    No ... I just posted that. It was one of the worst officiated games I had ever seen. It was obvious the Saints were taking cheap shots on Favre after the whistle and nothing was called. Over under hits ... no call. We did not need an NFL investigation to see what was going on, but the refs obviously did. As the game went on, the calls got worse and worse.

I am just saying that hoping the Vikings get a win from poor officiating is not a great bet. These refs didn't do the Vikings any favors in the preseason. I would assume the old refs would have called the blatant pass interference in the endzone. Then again, they called a phantom interference against the Vikings against the Saints, so who knows.