Ouch!!!

1992 No Pick -- --
    1991 No Pick -- --
    1990 No Pick -- --
    1989 No Pick -- --
    exactly...say no more

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Bad Drafts

From 97 on, we have gotten some very good players, and only a couple of busts:
    97 - Dwayne Rudd, still a decent linebacker, but will probably only be remembered for throwing off his helmet early and costing the Browns a game
    98 - Randy Moss, no explaining needed...except he is a Raider now so....that sucks...
    99 - Culpepper rocks, and Underwood just happened to be a headcase
    00 - Hovan rocked for a while, and is now just a piece
    01 - Bennett - still the best running back we have, in my opinion
    02 - McKinnie - monster
    03 - K-dubs - the animal, he is the rock that makes this team roll!
    04 - Udeze, jury is still out on him, but he was playing hurt last season, and I think he will break out this year.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I'd say Gerald Robinson was DEFINITELY a bust - but Ted Brown? He had some pretty good years here! And DJ Dozier - now THERE'S a busted draft pick!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Yeah,the Butt Packers drafting Tony Mandrich instead of Barry Sanders...I still LMFAO !.. ottytrain5:
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"Paulbedy59" wrote:
    Yeah,the Butt Packers drafting Tony Mandrich instead of Barry Sanders...I still LMFAO !.. ottytrain5:
    OUCH, that had to hurt. Can you imagine B.Sanders in Green Bay. Thank God they didn't draft him

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

who is our draft scout? i know tice doesnt do it all by himself.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

When it comes to scouting and drafting Studwell is the man!And doing a pretty good job of it to in my opinion..
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Underwood was kind of an impossible situation. I mean, "Do you see yourself going crazy and trying to kill yourself before training camp?" isn't exactly a question you ask in a Pre-draft interview. The problem is we reached for him, like we did for a lot of players with Green.

But looking at the list of Busts and only decent players on that makes it hurt all the more that we traded one of the best WRs in NFL for a draft gamble.

I think it'd be fun to see the Packers drafts over the years. Carrol over Gamble last year. What a move that was! I mean Gamble had a horrible season, right? He was committing penalties and getting burnt and not intercepting 6 passes. While Carrol was penalty free, never got burnt, and really did a good for the Pack. HA! Got to make you smile!
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

vikes&hawks4life is offline Training Camp

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Underwood was kind of an impossible situation. I mean, "Do you see yourself going crazy and trying to kill yourself before training camp?" isn't exactly a question you ask in a Pre-draft interview. The problem is we reached for him, like we did for a lot of players with Green.

But looking at the list of Busts and only decent players on that makes it hurt all the more that we traded one of the best WRs in NFL for a draft gamble.

I think it'd be fun to see the Packers drafts over the years. Carrol over Gamble last year. What a move that was! I mean Gamble had a horrible season, right? He was committing penalties and getting burnt and not intercepting 6 passes. While Carrol was penalty free, never got burnt, and really did a good for the Pack. HA! Got to make you smile!
    yep, with Denny we reached for alot of players and took alot of chances. Some of those turned out great and some turned out terrible.

That is why i really like our draft approach now with Studwell and Tice running the show. There motto is to take the best available player and if two players are close to equal, THEN choose by need.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Anahiem_Vikings" wrote:
    Ted Brown and Leo Hayden didn't work out. I had forgotten about them. Generally, it's a good list. Much better than the recent drafting by the Browns. Every team has a spectacular 1st round bust. It happens and it hurts. There are quality players on the 1st round list. Underwood was a real head case stabbing himself with scissors. I'm sure his signing bonus was spent quickly.
    Ted Brown had over 4500 yards rushing for us (4th overall for the Vikings)...I wouldn't call that a bust...not great, but certainly not a bust!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast