Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

bad article bout new D

ok this is an article that is not so good bout the d and has a negative vibe to it
    http://vikings.scout.com/2/364436.html

smootloot is offline Starter

Re: bad article bout new D

chemistry will definatly be the determining factor of the vikings defense next year. if they have it we will be a tough team to beat but if we dont were back where we started
    "Ron Mexico is here."

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

first off sharper wasn't able to be kept by the fudge packers because they wasted too much money on players like the interception prone brett farve and fumble prone ahman green, and prone pass dropper donald "im over rated driver".

now pat williams, he was a coveted free agent who wants to win.

fred smoot is not past his prime, i hardly doubt if he starts his prime this year; i think this guy can be even better he is still very young.

darren sharper is a guy we grabbed cause he knows the nfc receivers, not the greatest tackler, not the best free safety but he will do good for us.

sam cowart, we gave up a extra 7th round pick, if this guy does real good or not i don't think it matters because he will teach ej henderson.

brad johnson, this guy is the best back up quarterback in the nfl, (don't even try to argue this) and he knows the system.

the media and other teams are just mad and jealous because our vikings had a good chance at going to the superbowl last year with our crappy defense and injured players all over. this makes them mad cause we were one of the lowest paid teams in the league last year; sorry to say this but we still are probably on the bottom half, but now we spent a lot of money to fix our defense. the cool thing is that this year smoot counts as something like 10 million against the cap, next year he counts as 0. this means thats 10 million more dollars to spend for us ha ha ha ha. we will be in the similar situation next year as far as the cap goes, i just hope we don't end up like the redskins, or baltimore and have a one sided team that is capped out and will never win the superbowl, but make the playoffs in the next 5 years if they are lucky.

as for green bay packers, they need so much work all around on their team to be a contender. this means ahman green, brett farve, and donald driver all need to be gone to allow this to start to happen. the sad thing is the cheese heads are so proud and think they are so good that they will not part ways with these guys. i would have told farve not to come back, and i would have traded/released ahman green so that i could free up all that money and build the defense some.

the only things i am worried about the vikings are,

1. defensive end
    2. kicker/punter
    3. wide receiver
    4. most worried about the right side of our offensive line. i keep hearing people talk about how great dj is, i don't give a rats a$$ about this player; what about when we played against philly? their defensive line ran right through our line on the right side the whole game. that is why we didn't go on to play atlanta, whom we would have beaten. it's not because of our defense, well yeah it is cause of that too, but mainly because of our right side of our offensive line.

personally i don't think we need another receiver, if we fix our o-line more culpepper will be very dangerous, even without moss, hence moss is one player only.

i am tired of typing leave input peace homey
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    first off sharper wasn't able to be kept by the fudge packers because they wasted too much money on players like the interception prone brett farve and fumble prone ahman green, and prone pass dropper donald "im over rated driver".

fred smoot is not past his prime, i hardly doubt if he starts his prime this year; i think this guy can be even better he is still very young.

darren sharper is a guy we grabbed cause he knows the nfc receivers, not the greatest tackler, not the best free safety but he will do good for us.

sam cowart, we gave up a extra 7th round pick, if this guy does real good or not i don't think it matters because he will teach ej henderson.

brad johnson, this guy is the best back up quarterback in the nfl, (don't even try to argue this) and he knows the system.

the media and other teams are just mad and jealous because our vikings had a good chance at going to the superbowl last year with our crappy defense and injured players all over. this makes them mad cause we were one of the lowest paid teams in the league last year; sorry to say this but we still are probably on the bottom half, but now we spent a lot of money to fix our defense. the cool thing is that this year smoot counts as something like 10 million against the cap, next year he counts as 0. this means thats 10 million more dollars to spend for us ha ha ha ha. we will be in the similar situation next year as far as the cap goes, i just hope we don't end up like the redskins, or baltimore and have a one sided team that is capped out and will never win the superbowl, but make the playoffs in the next 5 years if they are lucky.

as for green bay packers, they need so much work all around on their team to be a contender. this means ahman green, brett farve, and donald driver all need to be gone to allow this to start to happen. the sad thing is the cheese heads are so proud and think they are so good that they will not part ways with these guys. i would have told farve not to come back, and i would have traded/released ahman green so that i could free up all that money and build the defense some.

1. defensive end
    2. kicker/punter
    3. wide receiver
    4. most worried about the right side of our offensive line. i keep hearing people talk about how great dj is, i don't give a rats a$$ about this player; what about when we played against philly? their defensive line ran right through our line on the right side the whole game. that is why we didn't go on to play atlanta, whom we would have beaten. it's not because of our defense, well yeah it is cause of that too, but mainly because of our right side of our offensive line.

personally i don't think we need another receiver, if we fix our o-line more culpepper will be very dangerous, even without moss, hence moss is one player only.

1. D. Scott will be better than you think

2. Nugent (in the secondround of the draft)

3. Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams with #7, or Troy Williamson with #18 (or higher by trading up for him...if the Vikings front office gets desperate)

4. You forget that we didn't have Rosenthal OR Kleinsasser to block in the Philly game...they will both be back at full strength next season and will solidify the right side of the line...plus all of the green RTs that were forced to fill in last year will come back much stronger and more experienced!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Hum,,,

That sports writer must me smoking some good crack........I disagree with almost all he says....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

I think the point is that with that many moves the odds are one of them won't be good. Notice there were no specifics on which free agent won't work out. He really can't get away with an "I told you so" if one of them is injured or is not a good fit for the vikings scheme. At least the Vikings are trying and making moves!! There really isn't anything to the story! No specifics or predictions. Don't worry!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Hum,,,

That sports writer must me smoking some good crack........I disagree with almost all he says....
    Amen to that...whoever wrote that is an idiot. Just comparing Ted Washington and Warren Sapp to the guys we picked up was enough for me to stop reading...

miakurtzy07 is offline Starter

Whoever wrote that should be shot and put in football jail!

sabatajh is offline Rookie

Dude that reporter is a packers fan. lol there is always a negative in every situation somebody has to be the as*hole to point it out i wouldnt worry about it last year they said new england coulndt make it out of the afc and we see where that got em.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:

1. defensive end
    2. kicker/punter
    3. wide receiver

1. D. Scott will be better than you think

2. Nugent (in the secondround of the draft)

3. Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams with #7, or Troy Williamson with #18 (or higher by trading up for him...if the Vikings front office gets desperate)

4. You forget that we didn't have Rosenthal OR Kleinsasser to block in the Philly game...they will both be back at full strength next season and will solidify the right side of the line...plus all of the green RTs that were forced to fill in last year will come back much stronger and more experienced!
    about that the right side should be set with lewinski, rosenthal, and jimmy but its the right side that worries me with Bryant having some speed problems and mental lapses and with adam goldberg i dont like adam goldberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast