Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Backpedal Monday: Your Takes

Now that the sting has worn out from the weekend loss, what are you will to say was crazy talk from being mad, and today you feel better about:

Me, I wanted to drop Cook on his head for some plays he got beat what frustrated me. Actually he had a fairly decent game I think considering we kept 81 mostly in check.

The rush beat us more than the passing.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Detroit is going to be a dangerous team this year and Bush did pretty much what people expected... being an effective receiver and taking advantage of the defensive schemes to account for Calvin Johnson.

But our coaching staff is simply inept. Between leaving Desmond Bishop on the bench and also benching Peterson during crucial moments of the game, I truly wonder how they got jobs in the NFL. It's as if Childress never left.... as if they "know" something about the backups that will magically win the games for us.

No. They won't. You're dumb. (coaches)

Now maybe people will start to understand why Frazier was never hired for another HC job, despite interviewing with multiple teams. He's just not that smart.

And Ponder. Absolutely no fire in that kid. Time to move on.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

iowa is offline Rookie
    Detroit is an extremely talented team, maybe they will finally put it all together. All those years of sucking and getting good draft picks might pay off. Look at the early draft picks they have: Stafford, Suh, Fairley, Ansah, Bush, Megatron. Getting beat by these guys at their house isn't the end of the world, I think we'll bounce back.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Preparation and adjustments during the game. That is how you determine the quality of a front office and a coaching staff.

Fans were concerned when the coaches gave the first team so much time off in the preseason because at the end of last year it was apparent thy had a lot to improve on. The staff and FO reassured us that the team was where they wanted them to be and that there was no need for additional reps to iron things out.

yet, once again after a loss we see them stand on the podium and say "We have tape to look at and things to fix"

Well, DUH. The film from last year would show you the same damn thing and yet you just discovered now, after the first game is lost, that you have things to fix? Any average Rube would have already told you that the things you will see on film were obviously in need of fixing when camp started.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Lions good

Ponder bad, very bad, bad bad bad, wow did something good, then bad, bad,

Simpson surprising

Hard to grade the defense when they were hung out to dry by the offense

Ponder still bad

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Ponder is ugly ugly ugly!!!! He needs to go away, play calling is boring and predictable run, run, pass... oh yes, no one will ever figure that out!!

Defense, yikes... the secondary actually played pretty well, but over all as a whole we couldn't stop anything. The screen continues to kill us.

We looked sloppy and unprepared for that game. If not for the Lions lack of discipline in the 1st half, our beating would have been a lot worse.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Zero passing yards in the first quarter? is that correct?

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    Detroit is an extremely talented team, maybe they will finally put it all together. All those years of sucking and getting good draft picks might pay off. Look at the early draft picks they have: Stafford, Suh, Fairley, Ansah, Bush, Megatron. Getting beat by these guys at their house isn't the end of the world, I think we'll bounce back.
    I want what you're taking!

Bounce back? With what? an inept QB on Sunday means an inept QB every Sunday he plays
    Purple till i die

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Well, to start, everything bounced our way in the first half, or it would have looked much worse! Seriously, at one point, it was 20+ minutes of possession for them to about 2 minutes of ours late in the first half. That isn't going to win very many games!

The defense did OK, they allowed drives but tightened up in the red zone for most of the game. And, to give credit where it's due, the Lions have one hell of an offense that got even better by adding such a perfect fit in Reggie Bush. I expected some of that, as in, I drafted Bush in both of my fantasy leagues...

Simpson? Wow! There is some potential there! Jennings was covered pretty well most of the game, lower numbers there are understandable, but where was Rudolf? Too busy trying to slow down blitzing backers!?

WTF happened to our top ten OL!?? Cuz as bad as Ponder is, ya gotta admit, it's hard to have any confidence when you are on the run from the snap of the ball almost every single play.

Seems to me, that they don't have an obviously better team, but that we were just not as prepared, and got out coached again during the opportunity for half time adjustments.

Next week we get a similar situation, on the road at a division rival with a top five WR and a very versatile RB, only the defense is likely even better. D'oh!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Now that the sting has worn out from the weekend loss, what are you will to say was crazy talk from being mad, and today you feel better about:

Me, I wanted to drop Cook on his head for some plays he got beat what frustrated me. Actually he had a fairly decent game I think considering we kept 81 mostly in check.

The rush beat us more than the passing.
    Replace Guion/Henderson with KWill/Evans and Bishop and you will see much better run defense. That and tell them pre-season is over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast