fred smoot, who is he? (sarcasm)

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: B. Williams vs. Smoot

wonder if Smoot gets winded after all his trash talk :lol: :roll:

Thanks Josdin

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"I agree. I haven't seen the shut-down corner I was hoping for."-ncviking

well my friend Shut-Down Corners really dont exsist in the NFL anymore. But then again whats your deffintion of a shut down corner? Mine is someone who completley shuts down a WR for a whole game and holds them to basicaly nothing. Alot of people beleive Champ Baily is the best CB in the NFL, however a couple weeks ago I saw him get burned 90+ bye T-Hoe. I think you can never have enough good CB's. It was a great move to bring smoot in becuase it adds depth and alows B-will who is a hard hitter to play the nickle and play it well I might add. Smoot is a little more well rounded IMO.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

modena11 is offline Rookie

"tastywaves" wrote:
    Sidenote: Cover 2, tighter corner coverage and a poohie Eli was the star of the pass defense yesterday, not 1on1 play by the corners. How many times did Eli miss #17 out there.
    our zone coverages are still like swiss cheese my man. its more like how many times did eli miss a wide open #17. much needed improvement.

doubling plax and shockey and letting antoine single amani worked well. when we gave shockey a clean release he started getting receptions in the 4th.

brian is a better tackler than smoot, smoot is better in coverage. i think smoot will bounce back, the d is continuing to gel, when he returns he will show us the real smoot.

and the fact is that smoot is here for another 6 years, williams maybe gone after this year. i hope both get better as the year goes on, but if williams is gone after this year, i will say thank you. but i wont lose sleep cause i know we have smoot and antoine.

edit: maybe i will lose sleep, ralph brown maybe our nickel

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"ncviking" wrote:
    [size=18px]B. Williams vs. Smoot ...[/size]

Does anybody feel that the D is better with Williams in the game instead of Smoot? B. Williams has something to prove and is playing like it - Smoot, I don't know. I was at the Carolina game and sat near the field. I could see a lot more than on TV and saw Smoot jogging coverage, and getting absolutely schooled on routes. He looked bad and I was definetly disappointed. It may be because he had a sore shoulder, but that doesn't effect your legs.
    a sore shoulder don't have anything to do with your running but it does make you not want to hit
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    "ncviking" wrote:
    [size=18px]B. Williams vs. Smoot ...[/size]

Does anybody feel that the D is better with Williams in the game instead of Smoot? B. Williams has something to prove and is playing like it - Smoot, I don't know. I was at the Carolina game and sat near the field. I could see a lot more than on TV and saw Smoot jogging coverage, and getting absolutely schooled on routes. He looked bad and I was definetly disappointed. It may be because he had a sore shoulder, but that doesn't effect your legs.
    a sore shoulder don't have anything to do with your running but it does make you not want to hit
    Running requires you to use your arms. Ever see somebody effectively run with their arms dangling? Your arms is attached to your shoulder...it is needed.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

sometimes smoot does great and sometimes not. but who has he failed against? Smith and who else? i just think he still needed to jel with the team a lil more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123