Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ncviking is offline Training Camp

Re: B. Williams vs. Smoot

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Yah now that I think of it they are pretty simular.. Smoot is a lil overhyped..
    I agree. I haven't seen the shut-down corner I was hoping for.

tampaviking is offline Rookie

nobody has been able to cover S. Smith this year, he killed the great bucs defense, Smoot will get better and so will williams, hopefully cotrell sticks with that same coverage, so another game like carolina doesn't happen again

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"ncviking" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    ?????

Go vikes!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Williams has had a lot of big plays this year.

Smoot has had more then one bad game this year. I'd say two bad games and one horrible one.

I have a hard time judging any of our DB's because our defensive play calling is so Jeckyl and Hyde. Then again I don't think Smoot is any better then B. Williams personally.

I'll leave my comments at that as I have posted on this for over a year. I think the thread itself is pretty lame though. Both guys are Minnesota Vikings and when Smoot gets healthy he will be on the field. So it is a waste of energy to try and pick sides. Root for them both.

At the end of the year Brian Williams will sign with a different team and will be successful as a starter just like he has been here.
    Absolutely, we're lucky to have 3 quality corners on our team. Hopefully Smoot will get back in there and help us on the tail end of the season and maybe be put in a position to perform better. I also hope B.Will excels in the time he has as a starter, for the vikes to have a chance to win the North they will need B. Will to play well.

Sidenote: Cover 2, tighter corner coverage and a shitty Eli was the star of the pass defense yesterday, not 1on1 play by the corners. How many times did Eli miss #17 out there.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"ncviking" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I agree with both of you entirely. If Smoot spent have the energy playing football that he does talking smack then he might be worth the money. I know none of my Resking fans friends want him back.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

pigskinronin is offline Starter

Anyone have an idea how long Smoot is expected to miss? It was first reported that he would miss 5 weeks, but then I read this:

"Add to that Pro Bowl center Matt Birk missing the entire season after having hip surgery and cornerback Fred Smoot out indefinitely with a broken collarbone, and Tice's injury doesn't seem so severe." link

Usually players/teams have a goal in mind for an injured player to return, 'indefinitely' leaves a lot of questions.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

When they first broke the news it was 4-6 weeks and tice even said it could be 3, cuz smoot is a fast healer. but that was some time ago, maybe he had a setback or the break is deeper than they thought
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ncviking" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Maybe that is the problem. I expect Smoot to be the excellent corner that he hyped himself up to be. Instead he underachieves and so is rightfully burned constantly on this board for it. On the other hand Williams plays within himself and gets the job done. No hype, no smack talk, just good football. Good job Brian, I hope Fred was watching closely.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

B. Williams......Smoot gets to MANY calls for me. I have tried to be supportive but he does nothing for me.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

wonder if when smoot comes back if he's be on the 3rd receiver instead of the starting RCB. i know we spent tons of money on him but if Williams is doing a better job then he should be in there.

i admit i bought into the hype about smoot but i haven't seen many flashes of brillance out of him. i know people would bring up the system and it's all Cotrell's fault but if smoot is supposed to be so awesome he should be able to excel in any system he is given

Thanks Josdin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast