Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ncviking is offline Training Camp

B. Williams vs. Smoot

[size=18px]B. Williams vs. Smoot ...[/size]

Does anybody feel that the D is better with Williams in the game instead of Smoot? B. Williams has something to prove and is playing like it - Smoot, I don't know. I was at the Carolina game and sat near the field. I could see a lot more than on TV and saw Smoot jogging coverage, and getting absolutely schooled on routes. He looked bad and I was definetly disappointed. It may be because he had a sore shoulder, but that doesn't effect your legs.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: B. Williams vs. Smoot

He has played great in the other three games we won and Brian Williams can't use his awesome blitzing abilities as much when he has to cover someone. Brian is a good cornerback and I'm glad we have him I hope we can re-sign him after this year but I doubt it.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

No. Smoot is a all around better corner. Im not knocking B-will tho cuz he played a damn good game yesterday. B-will looked great yesterday becuase pretty much all day we double covered thier offensive threats. Fred Smoot was covering steve (I Own ever CB/FS/SS in the NFL) smith one on one and we've all come to realize you cant cover smith or pretty much any big WR like that.Smoot IMO is still a leg up, but b-will played great yesterday.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

I think Brian Williams is a more physical corner than Smoot, but I think Smoot is the better overall cornerback. I would like to see Smoot stop talking so much smack until he starts to prove himself a little more with the Vikings.

I am really glad we have Brian Williams as our nickle back because he is a quality CB who can step in there and be productive and gives us great depth in the secondary.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

mrviking28 is offline Starter

My understanding in the Carolina game is that they didnt give Smoot enough help on Steve Smith who is a guy that anyone needs help with.
    I just heard the game on the radio yesterday so I dont know how B. looked. I didnt hear his name much, if at all, especially about being burnt.

Del Rio Guest

A topic near and dear to my heart :grin:

I think on paper the defense is better with Smoot AND Williams in there.

I also think getting Smoot was a waste of money when we still have Brian Williams.....but he is here and he is very unimpressive, hopefully he will get healed up and get that swagger back.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Smoot is better.. One bad game and people can't stand the guy anymore.. Williams has 1 good game and out of a sudden he is peoples hero.. Come on.. Smoot can cover better.. Can tackle better.. And is a better corner.. Not taking anything away from B-will cuz he is an awesome corner too.. But i'd have Smoot at second for now unless B-will plays like he did last game again for a few more games

Del Rio Guest

Williams has had a lot of big plays this year.

Smoot has had more then one bad game this year. I'd say two bad games and one horrible one.

I have a hard time judging any of our DB's because our defensive play calling is so Jeckyl and Hyde. Then again I don't think Smoot is any better then B. Williams personally.

I'll leave my comments at that as I have posted on this for over a year. I think the thread itself is pretty lame though. Both guys are Minnesota Vikings and when Smoot gets healthy he will be on the field. So it is a waste of energy to try and pick sides. Root for them both.

At the end of the year Brian Williams will sign with a different team and will be successful as a starter just like he has been here.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

That is true I bet the Titans wish they had used their first round pick to get him instead of getting Pacman Jones.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah now that I think of it they are pretty simular.. Smoot is a lil overhyped..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast