Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: B-Will Fans....

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: B-Will Fans....

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm not sure what your trying to proove? He had two major tackles one in the backfield. He also had a really nice stop on special teams.

Ralph Brown had his jiggly butt handed to him even worse.

I have argued for him all offseason. I have never said the guy is a lockdown corner. My main point in supporting him is he makes plays. He causes fumbles he hits hard and he is a good corner IMO.

On the one play he did get beat deep he was actually in pretty good shape. Unlike old Ralph Brown who gave up the outside when he had help in the middle and getting burned.

Think what you want. I will eat crow in the end if it comes to that but your just shoveling pooh right now. I will admit being wrong if he proves to be a burden, I don't fell that right now.

I'm not even sold on Smoot yet either. So the season is young. I'm going to enjoy it and take my time it seems if you don't it is over before you know it. Come mid season I will evaluate my stances and man up if needed. Don't worry they don't change like some peoples do.

I have seen people refer to him as old before, and I do not understand.
    He is 26 he will be 27 in a few days, but he is only 10 months older than B-Will who is 26 at this time.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm not sure what your trying to proove? He had two major tackles one in the backfield. He also had a really nice stop on special teams.

I have argued for him all offseason. I have never said the guy is a lockdown corner. My main point in supporting him is he makes plays. He causes fumbles he hits hard and he is a good corner IMO.

On the one play he did get beat deep he was actually in pretty good shape. Unlike old Ralph Brown who gave up the outside when he had help in the middle and getting burned.

Think what you want. I will eat crow in the end if it comes to that but your just shoveling pooh right now. I will admit being wrong if he proves to be a burden, I don't fell that right now.

I'm not even sold on Smoot yet either. So the season is young. I'm going to enjoy it and take my time it seems if you don't it is over before you know it. Come mid season I will evaluate my stances and man up if needed. Don't worry they don't change like some peoples do.
    I got the game on tape, B-Will made no great plays.....none....he got burned by Galloway and didn't even look for the ball until after Galloway caught it....only memorable play by B-Will, and I've watched the game twice and recorded the good plays for my 2005 highlight film....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

He is 26 he will be 27 in a few days, but he is only 10 months older than B-Will who is 26 at this time.

Idiots down here in Nebraska (I'm at college) seem to think Ralph Brown is awesome just cuz he played for the Huskers.....lol....he's O.K.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I don't recall B-Will getting it handed to himself. On one of the Galloway catches, Galloway and him were side by side and the crafty Vet that Galloway is didn't give B Will the signals that the ball was coming. He kept his hands down until the last milli-second.

Let's give him a couple more games. This is a different D than last year and he has a different function in this D. The pressure is not on him like it was last year. Smoot, Sharper, and Winfield will help everyone on the D backfield. I think that Brown is more of an asset than a hinderance, there might be some better players out there but he has come up with some good plays here and there. I know it was just one play but he did have that nice hit/tackle that kept the bucs from getting the 1st down which caused a punt. Just like Sharpers INT was just one play, the paly before, he gambled and caused a yellow flag to fly. Brown is no Sharper and has some learning to do, give him a chance along with B-Will.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

here is a quote from an article with quotes from bwill on his play.

The only veteran who seemed to struggle on defense was cornerback Brian Williams.

On Tampa Bay’s first touchdown drive, Williams was in man-to-man coverage on Joey Galloway when Brian Griese threw his way. Williams never turned to find the ball, and Galloway stopped and turned to haul in a 14-yard catch. The Bucs scored two plays later on a 23-yard pass to Alex Smith. Rod Davis, who had just entered the game for Sam Cowart who left briefly with a shoulder stinger, was covering Smith.

On Tampa Bay’s second touchdown drive, Williams missed a tackle on Michael Clayton that turned into a 41-yard gain. Williams was later taken out of the game in favor of Ralph Brown.

“I had I guess a terrible game,� Williams said. “They caught a ball, I missed a tackle, they made some plays. It ain’t nothing mental, I just didn’t make the play.�

Del Rio Guest

"audioghost" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I got the game on tape, B-Will made no great plays.....none....he got burned by Galloway and didn't even look for the ball until after Galloway caught it....only memorable play by B-Will, and I've watched the game twice and recorded the good plays for my 2005 highlight film....
    I have it too, I'll bust it down into some Flash files for you so you can see what I am talking about.

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

My reference to old was like Good old so and so. The backwood version not his age.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I am just gonna say that this was the first game and everyone was nervous about the performance on Defense. B. Will had a great year last year and he should have a good year this year. The defense looked good but lets not forget that there is a lot of room for improvement. They did give up 147 yards to cadilac.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I am just gonna say that this was the first game and everyone was nervous about the performance on Defense. B. Will had a great year last year and he should have a good year this year. The defense looked good but lets not forget that there is a lot of room for improvement. They did give up 147 yards to cadilac.

Michaelmazid, 71 one of those came late in the fourth when our D had been on the field way to much because our offense kept going 3 and out.

If you take that run away he had 77 yards on 26 carries and 19 of those came on one run.

If you take that away that run he had 58 yards on 25 carries, that's about 2.3 yards a carry.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Ralph Brown is horrible! That's all I gotta say. I would rather see Bdub out there!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast