Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: This is Awesome!!!

"scorptile" wrote:
    so ur saying the jags are not a good team? they are a much better team then the bengals who almost lost to the 0-3 texans and the bucs almost lost to the lions their records are as fake as they are. the bengals are not that great. jamal lewis is a great back and was held to under 50 yards, the titans back is a good back as well. the titans were held to under 50 yards total rushing the jags has taylor as their back and has a great passing game and was held to 3 points. how many games have u watched or listened to of the colts?? i missed todays game but that defense if very fast and very physical. why else did byron leftwich (which is a very tough QB) walk over to tony dungy and ask him to keep his defense off his back during the game which was hilarious? the colts D is a group that believes now in dungy's system and all the pieces are in place and is looking alot like his tampa defense back in his days as head coach. and with the addition with corey simon that just makes it even harder to run. yes im happy the colts are doin as well as they are but the other teams that are undefeated do not impress me one bit. tampa will get a loss soon and so will cincy. while the way the colts are playing right now they look like they will be 7-0 going into new england which isnt looking good at all right now as it is. so the only other team that i see hanging with the colts is pittsburg but u shut down thier run game and u can easily beat them. but like i said u said nothing is wrong with the defense of the vikings?? they cant stop the run at all. why else do u think the falcons ran as much as they did?? i even told one of the guys at work that if the vikings defense cant stop teh run then they wont stop anyone.
    I know that you are excited about the Colts good start. However, I am just trying to point out that it is still too early in the season to proclaim the Colts D as amazing. They have played well the first 4 games but have yet to play a tough opponent despite your opinions. The Titans and Browns are both below average teams. The Jags and the Ravens are average.

The Falcons had the #1 rushing offense last season and still have it this season. They have Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett at fullback, along with Vick to top it all off. When the Colts D stops them to under 50 yards then you can brag all you want and tell us how bad our rush defense is.

I'm not saying that the Vikes are better than their record. They're not. We have a ton of work to do and that is an understatement.

I also agree that the Bucs and Bengals are not as good as their records indicate. However, turn the tables and then look at your team which is also undefeated. You're proclaiming these other undefeated teams as "fake" but you're team's in the same boat in my opinion.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

[size=18px]HEAT OF THE MOMENT[/size]

It is difficult to seperate ourselves and see where this all stems from.

In a couple of years, it when we look back on the Tice era, we will see some truths that are evident.
    It all starts at the top and filters down.

The problems stems from the Used Car Salesman and his approach to running a business, Red is the Devil.

Red totally stripped this car and sold it as scrap metal. Tice is just a by product from this whole process.

What Denny started was totally put into the trash. It was because Denny and Red didn't see eye to eye about winning and spending money. Red then bought a cheap coach who was eager and also bendable to Red's ways.

In a last ditch effort, b4 selling the team, Red gets rid of the Ding on the side of the car and sends it to Oak and then he puts a cheap coat of D-fense. He probably tried to sell Wilfy the undercoating too.

Fotunately, this is just a theory and can and never will be proven.

All I am saying is this might not be all Tice's fault.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

The talent is there (these are proven players like Culpepper, Smoot, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, and so on...) but they come out with no intensity...who's fault is it that the talent on this team is unprepared? THE COACHING STAFF'S FAULT....I mean come on, the Patriots can win a Super Bowl with less talent than there is in purple, and why is that...? Because their team is prepared every week and the coaches have them ready for everything. The players come out and play, its up to the coaches to ensure that they are playing in sync with intensity and rhythm.

Fire Mike Tice
    Demote Steve Loney
    Fire Ted Cottrell

Next non-interim Vikings coach should be: Scott Linehan or Charlie Weiss
    Or the combo of Monte Kiffin (HC), Brian Billick (OC), Mike Singletary (DC)

Who shouldn't coach the Vikes: umm Jim Fassell or Tyrone Willingham

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:
    [size=18px]HEAT OF THE MOMENT[/size]

It is difficult to seperate ourselves and see where this all stems from.

In a couple of years, it when we look back on the Tice era, we will see some truths that are evident.
    It all starts at the top and filters down.

The problems stems from the Used Car Salesman and his approach to running a business, Red is the Devil.

Red totally stripped this car and sold it as scrap metal. Tice is just a by product from this whole process.

What Denny started was totally put into the trash. It was because Denny and Red didn't see eye to eye about winning and spending money. Red then bought a cheap coach who was eager and also bendable to Red's ways.

In a last ditch effort, b4 selling the team, Red gets rid of the Ding on the side of the car and sends it to Oak and then he puts a cheap coat of D-fense. He probably tried to sell Wilfy the undercoating too.

Fotunately, this is just a theory and can and never will be proven.

All I am saying is this might not be all Tice's fault.
    Actually snowinapril I think you have a very good point there. Very few teams if any did what the Vikings did in 2001, promote a line coach to head coach as their solution. Most teams turn to the college ranks or to budding offensive and defensive coordinators around the league when they need a new head coach. I think Red was less concerned about whether Tice was truly prepared for the job and more concerned about finding a quick, easy, and most importantly, cheap solution to the position problem. And Tice's status as the lowest paid head coach in the league was just fine with Red, because he expected playoffs and Super Bowl from Tice regardless, to up the Vikings value. So in the end, Red's cheapness may haunt us even after his departure. If Tice goes, the Wilf needs to invest in a coach who can truly be a long term solution, just like the Falcons, Giants, Bills, and Raiders have done as of late.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

CrazyAtMSU is offline Training Camp

"misteralay" wrote:
    Now we'll have a top five pick and draft L. Maroney! Also Tice and company will be out of power. I don't mind Tice going back to offensive line coach because no doubt he is one of the best offensive line coaches out there. But as a head coach he doesnt cut it. I'm not sure that he is able to adjust during the season. Which is maybe why he is coach collapse. Also Daunte is not to blame. WR are not getting open and the offensive line is horrible. He also cant scramble well because of his knee. Stop being fairweather fans. It's embarrasing to see some people write oh they suck. and then next week see them write i love them so much.
    I don't see that many fair weather fans here. I think everyone is just sick of an underachieving team year after year. It is true that the vikings have played some good teams this year but there is no way they should be getting blown out by halftime in these games.

I guess its easy for me to say this now but I think I'd rather the vikings be bad (packer bad) and lose that way, rather than having all these expectations and watching them piss there talent down their leg, so to speak.

Thats what really erks me about this team. They are continually undiciplined, unprepaired, and underachieving. I blame tice a lot for the whole deal and i will cry with joy the day he is fired but i blame the players a lot too... Its their job to get out there and compete, and the level of their competitiveness this year has been embarrassingly bad.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

I want a linebacker with that first round pick
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Actually snowinapril I think you have a very good point there. Very few teams if any did what the Vikings did in 2001, promote a line coach to head coach as their solution. Most teams turn to the college ranks or to budding offensive and defensive coordinators around the league when they need a new head coach. I think Red was less concerned about whether Tice was truly prepared for the job and more concerned about finding a quick, easy, and most importantly, cheap solution to the position problem. And Tice's status as the lowest paid head coach in the league was just fine with Red, because he expected playoffs and Super Bowl from Tice regardless, to up the Vikings value. So in the end, Red's cheapness may haunt us even after his departure. If Tice goes, the Wilf needs to invest in a coach who can truly be a long term solution, just like the Falcons, Giants, Bills, and Raiders have done as of late.
    The Devil might have though that Tice's years playing and Coaching made him qualified but coaching a team is different than coaching a position and playing. Head Coaches have to be intelligent, and Tice is not the sharpest knife in the drawer of coaching candidates.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I know this may not help, but some of us have been suffering for a long time! I know guys like Shock lived through the Super Bowl losses and it hurts. He keeps his head held high and always knows that the Vikes will give it another shot.

Win or lose...they are OUR Vikes; and we love 'em!

:salute:
    Ultra I always love reading your posts, especially ones like these. You always seem to be able to keep PP.O a positive place even during depressing times. Thanks!
    Why thanks! I have faith! I have an enormous amount of love for this team...just enormous! I would not want anybody to ever count me out as long as I had a chance.

I also coach youth sports. I would never let my players feel like they have lost until we a mathematically out of the equation. I do believe in weakness; mental weakness equates to "never winning."

At our last game Saturday we really whooped up on the other team. But, I was persistant in not letting the playes "slack." I told them that I do not even want a first down in the 2nd half and that Defense is somebody making a big play. Well, they did not even get a first down! Football is such a mental game; more mental than physical I believe.

In our last 2 games, we have outscored our opponents 76-0! We have only given-up 2 first downs!

Go get 'em Vikes!

Way to rub in the scores, j@ck@$$!!! lol jk

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I know this may not help, but some of us have been suffering for a long time! I know guys like Shock lived through the Super Bowl losses and it hurts. He keeps his head held high and always knows that the Vikes will give it another shot.

Win or lose...they are OUR Vikes; and we love 'em!

exactly!!

Go vikes!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

marooney over Reggie Bush...shyyyyyyt you crazy?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast