Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: This is Awesome!!!

"misteralay" wrote:
    Now we'll have a top five pick and draft L. Maroney! Also Tice and company will be out of power. I don't mind Tice going back to offensive line coach because no doubt he is one of the best offensive line coaches out there. But as a head coach he doesnt cut it. I'm not sure that he is able to adjust during the season. Which is maybe why he is coach collapse. Also Daunte is not to blame. WR are not getting open and the offensive line is horrible. He also cant scramble well because of his knee. Stop being fairweather fans. It's embarrasing to see some people write oh they suck. and then next week see them write i love them so much.
    They suck! :crybaby:

But we still love 'em. :hello1:

luvinthevikes is offline Waterboy

I hate seeing games like this, but Gosh I love the vikings!!!! I always will

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I know this may not help, but some of us have been suffering for a long time! I know guys like Shock lived through the Super Bowl losses and it hurts. He keeps his head held high and always knows that the Vikes will give it another shot.

Win or lose...they are OUR Vikes; and we love 'em!

:salute:
    Ultra I always love reading your posts, especially ones like these. You always seem to be able to keep PP.O a positive place even during depressing times. Thanks!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

scorptile is offline Starter

well here is my opinion about the vikes as an unbias nfc football fan. teh vikes have three big problems right now. first the defense. they cant stop the run even with all the money they spent to get defensive guys. they need run stoppers. for example the colts defense has held all their opponents this year to under 100 yards a game. and that was agaist 3 out of 4 very good running teams. the second problem is the offensive line and WR's when culpepper drops back to pass protect him and dont let near him. and then on top of that the WR's need to come back to the ball if they see pressure. they run their routes and expect pep to throw the ballt o them no matter what. and last is coaching. if something isnt working dont do it again. and again and again. cause if it didnt work the first 50 times then its not gonna work. otherwise then that the vikes could be a great team this year. i had predicted before the season started the vikes being 10-6 there still is time but not much to turn it around. and that is my opinion.
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I know this may not help, but some of us have been suffering for a long time! I know guys like Shock lived through the Super Bowl losses and it hurts. He keeps his head held high and always knows that the Vikes will give it another shot.

Win or lose...they are OUR Vikes; and we love 'em!

:salute:
    Ultra I always love reading your posts, especially ones like these. You always seem to be able to keep PP.O a positive place even during depressing times. Thanks!
    Why thanks! I have faith! I have an enormous amount of love for this team...just enormous! I would not want anybody to ever count me out as long as I had a chance.

I also coach youth sports. I would never let my players feel like they have lost until we a mathematically out of the equation. I do believe in weakness; mental weakness equates to "never winning."

At our last game Saturday we really whooped up on the other team. But, I was persistant in not letting the playes "slack." I told them that I do not even want a first down in the 2nd half and that Defense is somebody making a big play. Well, they did not even get a first down! Football is such a mental game; more mental than physical I believe.

In our last 2 games, we have outscored our opponents 76-0! We have only given-up 2 first downs!

Go get 'em Vikes!

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

(more mental than physical) I couldn't agree with that more..................

I THINK THEREFORE I DO!!!

"scorptile" wrote:
    well here is my opinion about the vikes as an unbias nfc football fan. teh vikes have three big problems right now. first the defense. they cant stop the run even with all the money they spent to get defensive guys. they need run stoppers. for example the colts defense has held all their opponents this year to under 100 yards a game. and that was agaist 3 out of 4 very good running teams. the second problem is the offensive line and WR's when culpepper drops back to pass protect him and dont let near him. and then on top of that the WR's need to come back to the ball if they see pressure. they run their routes and expect pep to throw the ballt o them no matter what. and last is coaching. if something isnt working dont do it again. and again and again. cause if it didnt work the first 50 times then its not gonna work. otherwise then that the vikes could be a great team this year. i had predicted before the season started the vikes being 10-6 there still is time but not much to turn it around. and that is my opinion.
    The Colts have beaten the Ravens, Jaguars, Browns, and Titans. All those teams have a combined record of 5-9. Good rushing teams? Not really. The Ravens have Jamal Lewis but their offense as a whole is mediocre.

The Colts are 4-0 and are in much better shape than the Vikings right now for sure. But the Vikings have played the 4-0 Bucs, 4-0 Bengals, and the 3-1 Falcons. The defense is not the problem, it is our offense. When the Colts beat a good AFC team, then come give us your analysis.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Even Bud had losing seasons. 5 of them .500 or less. With Les Steckel we went 3-13. We made it through those years & this year isn't over til it's over.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

so ur saying the jags are not a good team? they are a much better team then the bengals who almost lost to the 0-3 texans and the bucs almost lost to the lions their records are as fake as they are. the bengals are not that great. jamal lewis is a great back and was held to under 50 yards, the titans back is a good back as well. the titans were held to under 50 yards total rushing the jags has taylor as their back and has a great passing game and was held to 3 points. how many games have u watched or listened to of the colts?? i missed todays game but that defense if very fast and very physical. why else did byron leftwich (which is a very tough QB) walk over to tony dungy and ask him to keep his defense off his back during the game which was hilarious? the colts D is a group that believes now in dungy's system and all the pieces are in place and is looking alot like his tampa defense back in his days as head coach. and with the addition with corey simon that just makes it even harder to run. yes im happy the colts are doin as well as they are but the other teams that are undefeated do not impress me one bit. tampa will get a loss soon and so will cincy. while the way the colts are playing right now they look like they will be 7-0 going into new england which isnt looking good at all right now as it is. so the only other team that i see hanging with the colts is pittsburg but u shut down thier run game and u can easily beat them. but like i said u said nothing is wrong with the defense of the vikings?? they cant stop the run at all. why else do u think the falcons ran as much as they did?? i even told one of the guys at work that if the vikings defense cant stop teh run then they wont stop anyone.

oh i forgot to say this seasons records has just gotten started. so if we go by that then the pack should be great cause they have gotten beat by teams with a combined total of 5-4. does it mean that heck no. this is what im saying though look at the offenses of the teams that have played the colts. the ravens huge run team, the jags has alot of talent on offense to score points, the browns can score points easily as well, and the titans have scored lots of points against an opponent this season. 3 out of the 4 teams have scored in a single game over 40 points at one time or another. now just wait the bengals have to play the colts later in the season and watch them get manhandled by the colts D.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast