Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TheCol is offline Rookie

Re: Autograph City Yesterday In Mankato

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    Nice Photos!! Dang I wish I lived closer so I could go to training camp! :lol:

By the way, how do you get your name on the pictures? Is there a way to have them go on all your photos as you edit them...like a sig? Or do you have to do each separately, and do you use Photoshop to do it?
    Yes I use photoshop. There is a way that you can do a web gallery and add some text for placement, but it give a real general font. I made another photoshop document with the Todds Man. font, colored it, and made it a bit transparent. I just drag it over to the photo for placement.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"TheCol" wrote:
    What a killer day it was yesterday at the Training camp. It was autograph city ! I feel sorry for those that will be going to autograph zone in Vikings Village and standing in line for amounts of time. In all. . . I pretty much got all the the players I wanted to get a auto from. Even Ziggy signed my hat ! hehe. Only players missing from my 2006 auto collection are Wiggins, T. Williamson, K-Rob, Coach Childress, Greenway & C. Griffin. I've been holding out on Greenway, Childress & Griffin as I want to get a few more shots to make something unique for them to sign. In the A.M.. . .I had T-Jack sign a creation I made from shots I got from him during camp so far this year. Before signing it. . . he had to show it to other players and was really thrilled about it. Supposed to meet up with him tonight after the P.M. practice as he asked for a copy as this was the first item he has signed while he was wearing Vikings gear "all others were pic's of him before he was drafted". I'm sure it will be a short & sweet meeting. . . but to me, it's killer to know a pro player has photos that I took in a frame on his wall. hehe . . QB Brad showed up handing out pre-signed cards to everyone before taking his luggage inside, then came back down and signed the stuff that the fans brought with him. In all . . . total class by all the players with their fan interaction.

I'll be getting some photos from yesterday up to my gallery today before the afternoon practice. Sorry that they are not there already, but I had a few things that needed to be taken care of yesterday evening and this morning.

SKOL !

See man, it is new members like you that keep this site going.. All the members here do their part to keep this the best fan site on the net.. Thanks Col for all that you are doing.. Hopefully you are at the Nov. 12th game at the Dome, if you are then I will buying you a beer..

TheCol is offline Rookie

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    [quote]"TheCol" wrote:
    Hopefully you are at the Nov. 12th game at the Dome, if you are then I will buying you a beer..
    Sadly I have to say I won't be at that game. For me. . . being a single dad makes it just to expensive to head up to the dome for games. I guess that's why I'm really into the Training Camp as it's my opportunity to see the team that I love so much up close. It fuels me for the season "but does make me want more". I'm sure that once my children are older, I will have more of a chance to hit some games. Until then . . . it's T.V. on game day.

SKOL !

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

TheCol, thanks for all the great photos of training camp!

ps. what does TheCol stand for?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

god damn man, i knew i should have showed up, >_< i was just sittnig around while they were coming into town........

i'll be up there today for the afternoon practice! maybe i'll see you again Col

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

TheCol is offline Rookie

"whackthepack" wrote:
    TheCol, thanks for all the great photos of training camp!

ps. what does TheCol stand for?
    The Col. " like the chicken company guy on the red & white signs " is a nick name I was given many. . . many. . .moons ago.

I'll be up there Viks_King. Stop by and beller me.

Prophet Guest

Did you happen to go to SCSU back in the early '80s? There was a guy I knew that was arguing that cold water boiled faster than hot water. Was that you?

TheCol is offline Rookie

"Prophet" wrote:
    Did you happen to go to SCSU back in the early '80s? There was a guy I knew that was arguing that cold water boiled faster than hot water. Was that you?
    hehehe . . . Nope, wasn't me. Didnt grad high school till 87. However. . . In the early 90's I did drink alot with many of the SCSU players @ The Press.

Prophet Guest

"TheCol" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    hehehe . . . Nope, wasn't me. Didnt grad high school till 87. However. . . In the early 90's I did drink alot with many of the SCSU players @ The Press.
    :lol: , I'm glad that wasn't you. We use to play a lot of 9-ball at The Press. I'm surprised that place is still open....if it is.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"TheCol" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Nice Photos!! Dang I wish I lived closer so I could go to training camp! :lol:

By the way, how do you get your name on the pictures? Is there a way to have them go on all your photos as you edit them...like a sig? Or do you have to do each separately, and do you use Photoshop to do it?
    Yes I use photoshop. There is a way that you can do a web gallery and add some text for placement, but it give a real general font. I made another photoshop document with the Todds Man. font, colored it, and made it a bit transparent. I just drag it over to the photo for placement.
    That sounds easy enough, thanks. I guess I could do that with any font on a transparent background and save it. Then open it when I want to add the name, right?
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast