Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chazz is online now Coordinator

Re: Aundrae Allison - THe Vikings other deep threat

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I would guess that Allison is faster then Berrian...maybe, the fastest on the team.
    Says 4.39 in the 40 here...I believe I saw Berrian was a 4.6...?

http://eastcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=47&p=2&c=631097

And he's shiftty.
    He just seems to find a hole and burst through it.
    Its not just that year of experience for Rice and Allison, but also for Wade, Ferguson, and Shank in this system too.
    Instead of one returning WR we've got 5!!
    I've usually heard third year is the big break out for many WRs, so, we may be looking even better in a year or two.

Add in another year for TJack too, behind our running game, and Dr.Z might just be right!
    I'm freakin stoked about how this team is coming together!!!
    And, I'm even more excited to see our defense shine!!!
    I would have serious doubts about that. Berrian is known as a speedster and deep threat. I would think a 4.6 guy would never gain that reputation. I would assume he would be in the 4.4 range...although now I feel compelled to find his combine numbers...Thanks alot!
    >

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I have to start this by saying I like Allison alot. I hope he one day becomes one of our starters and has a pro-bowl type year.

That being said, he has a grand total of 8 catches for a whopping 122 yards in his career to date. Now even a total homer has to know that there is absolutely no way in hell a casual fan can gleam squat out of that type of statistic. Now the coaches, who see him in practice and behind the scenes may be able to get at least a marginal feeling about his potential, but as a fan...
    not so much.
    BAH!!
    The whole point of a homer is to know who the number 5 2nd year WR is and how much potential he supposedly has..
    It's because of that potential the homer gets absurdly excited about said 5th WR.
    :P
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

"Chazz" wrote:
    I would have serious doubts about that. Berrian is known as a speedster and deep threat. I would think a 4.6 guy would never gain that reputation. I would assume he would be in the 4.4 range...although now I feel compelled to find his combine numbers...Thanks alot!
    >
    I was bored so I looked it up because I had heard before that he clocked in the 4.5-4.6 range.
    Found this:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=141

Didn't want to quote directly from the article as it gives a copyright warning if you try to copy/paste but it gives you a range from 4.44 to 4.58.
    I guess it's not all about the 40, there is on the field speed but you're right for someone known as a "burner" you'd think he would've clocked faster.
    Guess he just has a knack for getting open deep and making people fall down at the 20 DOH!
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80349c7b

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12