Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: The Aundrae Allison story has some potential

This kid sounds like he has a head on his shoulder that Big Chilly gets boners over.
    He is a shoe in as far as roster spots go.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    From what I know about Aundrae Allison, he should have been drafted much, much higher, like the 2nd or 3rd round. We got him in the 5th, I think. The result is that we got a very talented (potentially) receiver, who will play with a chip on his shoulder every Sunday, I think, because he will be trying to show all those teams what they missed.

Sounds like 1998, doesn't it ?
    ;D
    I'm gonna have to disagree. Moss was a heisman candidate(statistically he probably should have won it) who should have been drafted top 5, but dropped to 21 and he played with a chip on is shoulder and made the 19 teams who passed on him pay big time. There's really no comparison between Moss and Allison, Moss is far more talented in everyway and coming out of college he was a huge name.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Mr" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    From what I know about Aundrae Allison, he should have been drafted much, much higher, like the 2nd or 3rd round. We got him in the 5th, I think. The result is that we got a very talented (potentially) receiver, who will play with a chip on his shoulder every Sunday, I think, because he will be trying to show all those teams what they missed.

;D
    I'm gonna have to disagree. Moss was a heisman candidate(statistically he probably should have won it) who should have been drafted top 5, but dropped to 21 and he played with a chip on is shoulder and made the 19 teams who passed on him pay big time. There's really no comparison between Moss and Allison, Moss is far more talented in everyway and coming out of college he was a huge name.
    Nice work guys way to add to the conversation.
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious the Allison isn't Moss.
    Also good job reiturating his expectations for Allison as an argument against what he said.
    We all know there its not the same situation but hes using some hyperbole comparing the fact that they are both WRs that slipped.

Where oh where is Purplexing when you need someone to point out obvious hyperbole.

I will be in the Does Chili Suck or Not Thread where the discussion is better.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

yeah a young guy who was slated to go early 2nd 3rd or 4th rounds slips to 5th we grab him I can see this guy panning out. (fingers crossed of course).
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Billy" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

;D
    Also good job reiturating his expectations for Allison as an argument against what he said.
    We all know there its not the same situation but hes using some hyperbole comparing the fact that they are both WRs that slipped.
    Where oh where is Purplexing when you need someone to point out obvious hyperbole.

Can I fill in?

What is Hyperbole? ;D ;D

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

;D

Can I fill in?

What is Hyperbole? ;D ;D
    Hyperbole is basically a strong exaggeration.... and my comment is not hyperbole.

I guess you could technically say it is, since they don't play 19 teams in a season

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

There's some nice under-the-radar type hype with AA.
    I'd cross my toes if I could.

ForceOfNorse is offline Starter

Ya know, it sounds like we've got alot of speed, and alot of "POTENTIAL", but until it is actually out on display for all to see..................................Well, you know what I mean.
    I've been taking crap from all these fans of different teams, and eating Crow for so long!!!
    I've come to hate that word ("POTENTIAL"!

It's time that we get a group of young guys that can really explode onto this level!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"ForceOfNorse" wrote:
    Ya know, it sounds like we've got alot of speed, and alot of "POTENTIAL", but until it is actually out on display for all to see..................................Well, you know what I mean.
    I've been taking crap from all these fans of different teams, and eating Crow for so long!!!
    I've come to hate that word ("POTENTIAL"!

It's time that we get a group of young guys that can really explode onto this level!
    im with you on that

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    From what I know about Aundrae Allison, he should have been drafted much, much higher, like the 2nd or 3rd round. We got him in the 5th, I think. The result is that we got a very talented (potentially) receiver, who will play with a chip on his shoulder every Sunday, I

.think, because he will be trying to show all those teams what they missed

;D

Can I fill in?

What is Hyperbole? ;D ;D
    Hyperbole is basically a strong exaggeration.... and my comment is not hyperbole.

I guess you could technically say it is, since they don't play 19 teams in a season

In that case forget it, Norwegians never exaggerate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast