AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Atmosphere was electric,says Peterson after lighting up Wembley in Vikings victory

Adrian Peterson says Wembley crowd was electric in Minnesota Vikings win over Pittsburgh Steelers | Mail Online
    By Ian Parker, Press Association

PUBLISHED: 03:29, 30 September 2013 | UPDATED: 07:43, 30 September 2013

The Minnesota Vikings were happy to claim a home away from home in London after kick-starting their season with a much-needed win over the Pittsburgh Steelers at Wembley Stadium.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    One thing to add on this, this has been reported by the media as being the best IS game to have been played so far at Wembley. The team has felt very much at home and the fan turnout was very good - there was far more Vikes fans in attendance than was anticipated I suspect. Players and organistaion staff have expressed their pleasure in feeling like it was a home game back in Minneapolis with the fan support last night.
    So I wouldn't be surprised if Zygi offered to play another game or two in the next two years whilst the new stadium is being built. The response of the fanbase to the team and the positive lift it gave to the NFL leads me to believe that the league may even approach him directly about him, especially if they go for a third game next year as is being suggested.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...