Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Atlanta/Vikes Post Game Articles

[size=14pt]Vikings answer some questions[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1411260.html
    The questions have been flowing for months. You don’t get picked to finish at the bottom of a weak division for nothing, after all.

Knowledgeable observers don’t make you No. 31 in their power rankings because they think they’re wrong. You don’t get Fox’s fifth-string announcing crew — and you don’t need corporate help to sell out your stadium — because everyone believes you’re going to the Super Bowl.

Yes, plenty of people found reasons to doubt the Vikings as the 2007 season opened...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Atlanta/Vikes Post Game Articles

I cant click the link

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    I cant click the link
    Sorry. It's in there now!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

[size=14pt]Multitasking is asked of Wade, Peterson[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1411810.html
    Necessity and innovation intertwined Sunday to give the Vikings several new personnel looks in Sunday's 24-3 victory against Atlanta.

Four players saw action at positions they did not play during the preseason; in most cases, they had seen only glimpses of practice time in training camp as well...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

[size=14pt]Udeze's sackless streak ends on game's final play[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1411966.html
    Kenechi Udeze tried to run quickly off the field Sunday after the Vikings' 24-3 victory over Atlanta. But a screaming mob of players and coaches -- including head coach Brad Childress -- wouldn't let him.

Udeze sacked Falcons quarterback Joey Harrington on the game's final play, his first sack in nearly two years. Childress -- who mentioned the sackless streak during a team meeting Saturday night -- rewarded him with a game ball.

"I take great pleasure," Childress said, "in telling [reporters] that you can't say that the guy didn't have a sack all year long. We put that to bed in Game 1, so that's why he got a game ball."

Udeze's last sack came against New Orleans on Sept. 25, 2005 -- the same game in which he suffered a season-ending knee injury. He returned to play in all 16 games last season but did not record a sack.

Udeze, however, went out of his way to downplay Sunday's developments and said he tried to run away from the mob because, "I don't want anybody to praise me for something that I'm supposed to be doing."One in the bank is a great feeling," Udeze said. "But nobody should be applauding me for stuff I'm supposed to be doing. That's what I'm here for and that's what I'm supposed to be doing."

Childress, however, said: "I think it meant something to him, and it meant something to the guys. Our guys gave a hoot."...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

[size=14pt]Williams made the most of a mixup[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1411895.html
    Kevin Williams couldn't have been blamed if he embellished the events surrounding his interception return for a touchdown Sunday.

The Pro Bowl defensive tackle could have talked about how a flaw he spotted in the Falcons' offense during a week of film study put him in a position to return the ball 54 yards for the score. Or how a certain tendency by Falcons quarterback Joey Harrington tipped off what was coming.

But Williams did none of that. Instead, he told the truth. "We didn't get lined up in time," he said...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

very good articles and well written ones..thanks COJO!!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Williams made the most of a mixup[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1411895.html
    Kevin Williams couldn't have been blamed if he embellished the events surrounding his interception return for a touchdown Sunday.

The Pro Bowl defensive tackle could have talked about how a flaw he spotted in the Falcons' offense during a week of film study put him in a position to return the ball 54 yards for the score. Or how a certain tendency by Falcons quarterback Joey Harrington tipped off what was coming.

But Williams did none of that. Instead, he told the truth. "We didn't get lined up in time," he said...
    lol, nice

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Multitasking is asked of Wade, Peterson[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1411810.html
    Necessity and innovation intertwined Sunday to give the Vikings several new personnel looks in Sunday's 24-3 victory against Atlanta.

Four players saw action at positions they did not play during the preseason; in most cases, they had seen only glimpses of practice time in training camp as well...
    I could not disagree more with Childress' theory on this one. Allison is just as good of a returner as Wade/Peterson/Williamson.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Vikings D, rookie Peterson run all over Vick-less Falcons, 24-3[/size]

BY DAVE CAMPBELL
    AP Sports Writer

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast