Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Did anyone else think the most hilarious part of the game was when Fox announcer Brian Billick said McNabb didn't do anything wrong to get benched? Maybe not hilarious, but it certainly ranks right up there as one of the most out of touch statements I've heard this year.
    What did McNabb do wrong?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Miss wide open receivers, hold on to the ball to long, kill drives... The fact that you can't see it points out what a casual football fan you are.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Upset PETA by killing every worm he came across on a football field.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    That is because the fans are sick and tired of the same old crap that is Vikings football, I am at least. F'n tired of spending my hard earned money on these losers. I have been a fan of the Vikings for about 20 of my 33 years on this planet. From growing up in Florida watching them as a kid when they would play the Bucs, to moving to Wisconsin and watching them play the Packers.

I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on this team with traveling to go to home games, buying merchandise, paying for parking, buying food, ordering the Sunday Ticket every year to watch them play and so on. What have they done for the fans? Only go to 4 Super Bowls and lose every single one of them. Hire piss poor coaches that don't know their ass from the endzone, and let their fan base down year after year. Why does anyone continue to spend their money on this team? Good god, their is many more things to spend money on then a team that just simply gives up game after game. I'm done. My wife keeps asking me when I am going to jump on the Packer's bandwagon. The answer is never, but I am very close to jumping off the Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Miss wide open receivers, hold on to the ball to long, kill drives... The fact that you can't see it points out what a casual football fan you are.
    Oh you mean he is like T-JOKE? Funny that guy got 5 years in the system and with the team. McNabb did not even get an off-season or training camp. You not understanding that shows you do not understand the NFL. Period. Might as well take up tap dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    That is because the fans are sick and tired of the same old crap that is Vikings football, I am at least. F'n tired of spending my hard earned money on these losers. I have been a fan of the Vikings for about 20 of my 33 years on this planet. From growing up in Florida watching them as a kid when they would play the Bucs, to moving to Wisconsin and watching them play the Packers.

I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on this team with traveling to go to home games, buying merchandise, paying for parking, buying food, ordering the Sunday Ticket every year to watch them play and so on. What have they done for the fans? Only go to 4 Super Bowls and lose every single one of them. Hire piss poor coaches that don't know their ass from the endzone, and let their fan base down year after year. Why does anyone continue to spend their money on this team? Good god, their is many more things to spend money on then a team that just simply gives up game after game. I'm done. My wife keeps asking me when I am going to jump on the Packer's bandwagon. The answer is never, but I am very close to jumping off the Vikings.
    At least you got 4 Super Bowls.............

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Upset PETA by killing every worm he came across on a football field.
    They got their revenge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails european-nightcrawler-11.jpg  

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Oh you mean he is like T-JOKE? Funny that guy got 5 years in the system and with the team. McNabb did not even get an off-season or training camp. You not understanding that shows you do not understand the NFL. Period. Might as well take up tap dancing.
    You have a myopic understanding of my point of using Jackson over bringing Favre in. If you go back through my posts, I say time and time again that we have to focus on developing our younger players and can't rely on stop-gap sollutions... which was 100% right.

We went with Favre, we didn't win a Super Bowl... if we had gone with Jackson, we wouldn't have won one either... so it doesn't really matter which one we went with, but we'd be a couple of years closer to developing our QB of the future... whoever that might be.

Instead, we're in the first year of yet another HC, rookie (undeveloped) QB and we're still relying on Spielman's awful drafting abilities. The only thing I've been incorrect about was the fact that Favre still had a year left, but he still lost in the playoffs... so I'm not really that impressed with his performance. The average Vikings fan who is content with mediocrity will brag about Favre's play for years (you), whereas I have the bigger picture in mind.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 11-27-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I get what you are saying about the lack of the off season but that is why he was brought in here. As a Vet he was supposed to be able to come in and use his experience to win the team games that the younger guys wouldn't be able to. Actually I think McNabb had about as much time or even more time with the team than Brett did to get ready.

The fact is McNabb was once a decent player but his time has passed and he doesn't have it any more. To be honest with you by the shape is is in I am not sure he even has the fire in the belly any more.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Wow! That wasn't pretty. Toby Gerhart is a joke. 17 carries with an average of 2.6 YPC? I'd seriously rather start Booker than him again. Benny Sapp is a joke too. I'd rather give a young guy his spot. They couldn't do much worse. He got burned 100 times today. Not to mention that he STILL hasn't learned how to tackle. Jared Allen did an amazing job long-snapping for us today, but he has looked like a totally different player the past 2 games. The Raiders exploited something, and we need to figure out how to fix it. I witnessed Carolina beat the Colts today in person at Lucas Oil. So there is one team behind us in the draft pick race. I wish the pathetic Rams would have followed suit. That would have at least made this loss feel a little better. Bring on Tebow! I still don't think he will beat us (Because I'm stubborn and refuse to take back my words). But next week's game is really the only winnable game left of the season. Except for maybe the Bears with Caleb Hanie. Fire Spielman! We are destined for 3-13. Hopefully that's good enough for a top 3 pick. Because God knows we need one.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast