Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    I thought they DL especially the DTs played well. My focus was on them the whole game just to prove Marrdro is crazy. Again, I see that he is out of his mind. They got pressure. Our Secondary and Linebackers can't cover shit. They are out of position almost every play. If it was not for the pressure this game would have been ugly. Did you see Griffin get a sack at DT? *snicker*

I hate to rag on the offense blocking but damn. I saw Kleinsasser block air and miss quite a few times. Toby is not very good at it either. Poor Ponder can't throw anything but the short stuff or he gets killed. The OL and Backs are holding him down. When he gets time he can play.

OL and Secondary should be our main focus in the offseason.
    Last edited by marstc09; 11-27-2011 at 05:32 PM.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter
    I'm all for dumping Spielman, but I was certainly impressed with the 2nd half adjustments we made as a team. Looking back at the last 2 weeks we've played good 2nd half football and this coaching staff has made good adjustments. Please remember we have the worst o-line in the league (although they played better today) and we still have no names off the street starting in the secondary (M. Raymond, B. Sapp, and M. Sherrels).

Frazier made some horrible decisions today (Harvin TD to be more particular). I'd rather have him make all these mistakes now and learn from them during the REAL offseason he'll have. Its annoying how everyone is being way too impatient with Frazier and Co.

The identity of this team is definitely changing and we are still living in the shadow of Childress do not forget my friends. Not all first year coaches walk into situations with teams in distraught like Frazier did. Cut the guy slack and give him some time. Some coaches talk and shout on the sideline and some are a little more reserved. Frazier a quiet guy, its his cup of tea and I'm sure there are many other coaches who share that same philosophy.

That being said, Bellicheat was a pretty garbage coach out in Cleveland before he found his groove in NE. I could list plenty more examples of coaches who did not succeed with there initial teams. Look it up yourself if it pleases you.

Speilman out. Frazier and Co. I stand 100% behind. Have faith, our team is headed in the right path I promise you that. We have the right guy under center, now its time to build the pieces around him and AP.
    None

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    They weren't replaying that on the big screen at the stadium. I'm sure Frazier never even knew about it. If that game were in Minnesota I can tell you right now he'd have challenged it.
    I hope the guys upstairs are not relying on the stadium screens to decide if we should challenge a play or not. I understood the guys upstairs had access to the television replays. If we are using the team screens, then our staff is dumber than I thought.
    We were down 10 late in the game, and Harvin punched it in on second effort. Our coaches did not challenge, we did not score on the ensuing play and the game was essentially over. Thanks Leslie.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Favre gave us the best year since 2001. Just saying. But I agree, we could have had Aaron Rodgers, instead we get Troy Williamson and Erasmus James. Awesome.
    Yeah, that's pretty much my point. We got one good year with Favre.

One.

Green Bay could have 15-17 GREAT years with Rodgers.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by b_sandhar_29 View Post
    I'm all for dumping Spielman, but I was certainly impressed with the 2nd half adjustments we made as a team. Looking back at the last 2 weeks we've played good 2nd half football and this coaching staff has made good adjustments. Please remember we have the worst o-line in the league (although they played better today) and we still have no names off the street starting in the secondary (M. Raymond, B. Sapp, and M. Sherrels).

Frazier made some horrible decisions today (Harvin TD to be more particular). I'd rather have him make all these mistakes now and learn from them during the REAL offseason he'll have. Its annoying how everyone is being way too impatient with Frazier and Co.

The identity of this team is definitely changing and we are still living in the shadow of Childress do not forget my friends. Not all first year coaches walk into situations with teams in distraught like Frazier did. Cut the guy slack and give him some time. Some coaches talk and shout on the sideline and some are a little more reserved. Frazier a quiet guy, its his cup of tea and I'm sure there are many other coaches who share that same philosophy.

That being said, Bellicheat was a pretty garbage coach out in Cleveland before he found his groove in NE. I could list plenty more examples of coaches who did not succeed with there initial teams. Look it up yourself if it pleases you.

Speilman out. Frazier and Co. I stand 100% behind. Have faith, our team is headed in the right path I promise you that. We have the right guy under center, now its time to build the pieces around him and AP.
    Good points b29, but It is hard to cut him slack when we are headed towards our worst record since the Steckel debacle. After the Harvin, no-challenge I was losing my mind.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Favre gave us the best year since 2001. Just saying. But I agree, we could have had Aaron Rodgers, instead we get Troy Williamson and Erasmus James. Awesome.
    Aaron Rodgers could have turned out to be Tavaris Jackson under Childress.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't know what the hell went wrong with the no TD challenge. We have guys in the booth with monitors, PH could've spoke up more, we could've called a TO to think about it. I'm not impressed at all with Fraziers inability to manage a game. He just wreaks too much of Childress and it's costing us wins. C Mac D said it already, Frazier isn't ready to be a HC.

Then we continue to roll out that same gawd awful goaline, try to run it up the middle offense. Seriously, how many times does a play have to fail before you try something else on short? You know the OL sucks, can't get a push, can't open a hole, and is always pushed back into the runner, yet we keep smacking our heads against the wall. The same shit Childress never figured out. Why not a PA boot with Ponder, or a sweep with PH, or here's an idea, why not go 4 wide then try to run up the middle? There would be fewer bodies clogging up the lanes, and smaller defenders on the field to run over. You know, just try something DIFFERENT for once. Because guess what? All those big extra blockers are only getting in our own way.

The fact that this team is even being mentioned in the same breath as Steckle is making me sad in pants. If this franchise didn't have a history of terrible drafts, I wouldn't mind all the losses so much, but something tells me even with a top 3 pick we'll draft another bust, someone we don't need, or make another terrible deal.

At least the Vikings set another dubious record, PH had the longest NON scoring play in NFL history with his 104yd KO return. Only the Vikings can go 104yds on a 100yd field and NOT score.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Aaron Rodgers could have turned out to be Tavaris Jackson under Childress.
    T-JOKE was not in Rodgers league even in college.

T-JOKE was not in Rodgers league even in college.
    Ahh, but don't sell Childress short, marstco. Remember what he did to your beloved Brett in 2 short seasons.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Did anyone else think the most hilarious part of the game was when Fox announcer Brian Billick said McNabb didn't do anything wrong to get benched? Maybe not hilarious, but it certainly ranks right up there as one of the most out of touch statements I've heard this year.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast